It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sasquatch?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Okay, here's the story. My uncle, aunt, and their kids went on vocation to Colorado for a week, mainly to drive up Pikes Peak. While they were walking around some hills near Colorado Springs, my aunt had noticed something standing in a distant cave. They zoomed in on the cave...and well, I took some shots of the recording on pause. Now let's see...

Sorry if any are sideways....I noticed two are, I'll try to fix it.

I also have a recording of the recording but it doesn't cointain anything more than these pictures do. So, what could this be? I can easily make out a head and chest, maybe even a nose, chin, and area where the eyes are. The arms look like they're on the side.

[edit on 808/17/0707 by Acekwak]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ok, I think I finally see what you mean.
That video footage isn't good enough to show anything conclusive.
Aside from the personal experience associated with the footage, I wouldn't have given it a second glance.
Still, it would have been a great first person experience no matter what it really was.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Very interesting. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in a situation like that to witness a possible first hand sighting. It would take a steady hand to film one.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The most important question running through my mind right now is "Was it moving at all?" for obvious reasons. If animals in nature want to take a rest, they sit down, not stand up. Or do you think it just heard a noise and was coming to check it out? Since Bigfoot are supposedly so damn good at hiding, why would he even need to? Why expose himself?

To be honest, it looks like a bush to me.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Come to think of it, I don't think it was moving... It was pretty far off in the distance, I think my aunt only noticed because they were looking at the cave and something inside looked lighter then the surroundings. If it really was something alive, then maybe it was just staring at soemthing. I should have taken and put up a pic of the thing before it was zoomed in to give an idea of how far away it was. I need to watch the recording a few more times...

We just all found the idea of seeing something that appeared rather humanoid inside a cave in a place known for bigfoot sightings to be interesting and it was my idea to post it here to find out what other people think.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Do you think you could post the video? Because right now it seems like the definition of the word "blobsquatch" to me. I can see something, but I am not sure what it is. Pretty cool to even have that much info to look at though. It is too bad you don't have a still shot because the resolution is so much higher.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I will eventually, but for some reason, when I uploaded the video, it was mumbled up and I already deleted it from my camera. I'll have to record the recording again.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Yeah I can just barely make something out in that cave. It seems to be just standing there, but it is really hard to see. What cave is this, do you know? I am working in Rocky Mountain National Park area and will be going to Pikes Peak next week. I would love to check this area out.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It seemed to be a minor cave. My uncle said it's near Colorado Springs. The area is well known for sasquatch sightings.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Acekwak

yea but theres lots of bear sightings too but the sasquatches of colorado are known to kill bears by breaking their backs and such they practically scare the bears into the suburb areas sometimes like in manitou springs a local tourist hotspot i have seen this type of thing on a hunting trip in the blackwoods area by hunting i mean looking for bigfoot

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
There's really nothing that can be seen but the vague outline of something that APPEARS to be vaguely humanoid in shape. Those pictures are absolutely inconclusive as they cannot be enhanced to show any real detail.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
sorry its just another typical grainy pic--there is no BIGFOOT!!!--the giant squid was a myth for years-until one washed up on a beach and finally the japanese caught some video of one---this is true,but how many people live a mile underwater to see one??

now how many people live on land in america--please someone wouldve hit one with a car by now-a hunter wouldve shot one-a tooth,dna--so thats that--no bigfoot--just a bunch of nice stories---PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG-----id love to believe----i also would like a pet chupacabra too!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Some of the caves here in Australia I have been in contain a white chalky stuff which might be what you are picking up there. As for there being no bigfoot there is actually other animals on land masses around humans that show up after thousands of yours so its not impossible! And there has been hair samples found which cant be indentified.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by foomzz

Do you actually live in North America? There is so much land that is uninhabited by man, or rarely visited, a substancial population of bigfeet (bigfoots) could live quite undisturbed. No roads, or rarely travelled ones, hunters generally stay fairly close to home, they very seldom venture far out into the howling wilderness in search of game, why should they when the game is usually close by.

As far as space goes, Asia is, of course, even larger. The world is not even remotely too small for unknown creatures to live side by side with man, and man not know it for certain.

join