It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Cell Phone Technology and the mark of the beast.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Today, if someone showed you their cell phone and you spotted a Camera, MP3 player, and video games you probably not flinch. However, new technology that is currently being developed might make you jump a little bit.

Technology is in the works to allow cell phones to act as digital wallets. Instead of going to an ATM and using a debit card to withdraw cash use your cell phone from home to withdraw digital credits from your bank account. Want a coke? Don�t use change, just swipe your phone in front of the machine and select your drink.

It is very possible that the feared barcode money transfer system that could signal the end of the world may very well already be in your pocket.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Good one and a likely first step before imbedding or branding the codes on your body.

Don't you see it now?

People will begin stealling phones hoping to get the 'credits' in them.

Whenever someone loses a phone they will lose more than what the phone is worth possibly?

then the cry will be to go to a more 'secure system.'

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Uh, isn't the exact same true of your wallet at the moment?

If someone stole your phone you'd just get the bank to cancel the phones access. Same as if someone stole your wallet.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
That's kind of funny. A close male friend of mine told me he would not get a cell phone because he already has a wallet to carry & he doesn't want to be bothered at all hours of the day. He convinced me with a similar argument, like why would I want the extra weight in my purse & be bothered the same way.

On the other hand a female friend thought I couldn't afford a cell phone & gave me a generous gift certificate hoping I would get one. But I used it on something else.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Kano,

If someone has my phone they have access to things they would not have in my wallet.

Then the push will be to make my wallet fit in my phone eg. all information being accessible there.

it is not the technology that is the problem but the potential misuse of it which can be legislated against to protect us from each other but not the people at the top.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Also another thing about Cell Phones......

With the passage of The E911 Implementation Act of 2003 the federal government now has the right to pinpoint your exact location at anytime via GPS.

So if they can put your money in the phone then they have your money and your location what else does the government need to track you down.

join