It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney urging military strikes on Iran + B2 bombers deployed.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
Zaphod: You can say I am wrong all day long, but like I said 'If you believe the source article" they do not deploy these bombers unless they intend to strike. I agree with you, they need to train etc etc. I do not dispute that at all, however I was referring back to the source article which says...

"UPDATE August 9, 2007 00:12 HRS EDT - Due to the incredible technologies employed in the B2 Stealth Bomber, the aircraft exist at only ONE operating base anywhere in the world: Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri. According to military sources, the super secret planes are never sent abroad "unless they are going to be used." The military contact I spoke with just minutes ago told me "When we deploy the B2, we intend to strike."

Did you even read these articles before you decided to let me know how wrong I am?

Yes, I did, and where did I say that YOU were wrong? You weren't the one that said it first now were you? Sorry, but I forgot that you have to explicitly state everything around here anymore if you want to make a point.

The article is wrong about them deploying only for use. Satisfied now? If I had been saying YOU were wrong, I would have said "No, you are wrong about that." I wouldn't have just said "Wrong".

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It just seemed to me that you were saying I was wrong. Thats how it read to me anyway. I apologize for being WRONG in my assumption.

Maybe on my next post we can argue about the legal definition of the word "is"?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Considering one of the sources was quoting "The Hal Turner Show" Id say whatever information gained from it is suspect. He has a history of claiming to be in possession of secret documents which are either fabricated, or when asked for them, never turn up.

There is a definitive push for a war with Iran, but whether its literally right around the corner, Im not sure.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The more I read and hear about Dick Cheyney, the more I realise he is all that is wrong and foul about the US.

One day I hope he is dragged kicking and screaming from his office or is forced to listen to the screams of children who's families have been cluster bombed under his filthy regime.

Saddam was bad, Cheyney is EVIL.

Wake up USA - stand up and remove this beast from power.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Cheney is determined. So it may take days or weeks but

there's going to be a big war no matter what anyone wants.

Dick Rules.

I wonder what happens to people like him in hell?

He waves at those who are looking for their 72 virgins.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Who arms and trains insurgents ? The USA does - they think they can use them against "al quaeda". What about the 140 billion worth of arms missing ?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Hal Turner is a white supremist and makes up his own stories....

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

"Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future." - Adolf Hitler

section8citizen's signature is exactly why we have trouble with Iran.
We, through our CIA, have done all of the above in their country for over 60 years.
I am no lover of Iran, but the truth is the truth.
I still favor kicking their arses, but for different reasons.
Anyone spoiling for a fight, needs to get exactly that.
ALWAYS.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
They have not depolyed B2 bombers. I can tell you this as fact. My info comes from Dyess AFB 7th Bomb Wing. I work with 3 very senior fellas daily....Bad info. Plus plenty of B2s in Italy right now.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It could be just maneuvers but I wonder if this has anything to do with Chinas threatening to collapse our already weakened dollar thru the the multi trillion Debt bomb they hold over our head. this could be the counterweight to threaten or destroy their multibillion investments in Iran and the general area as well as the Russians investments also. A collapse here could precipitate disorder and thus those Executive continuity decrees of Bush would kick in. Valient Shield may be our last card or bluff, either way this is not looking good.

SyS

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The USA will get it's ass kicked if it goes into iran.. They might be able to bomb it from the air...But it will be a different matter on the ground. They can't deal with Iraq, So there is no way there going to deal with Iran who have a impressive army. If the USA go into Iran it will be the beginning of the end for you. And there is no way the British Army will follow..The people won't allow it.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The US could easily crush the Iranian army. If the US stayed and tried to crush an Insurgency, then yes, the US army would have to leave with its tails between its legs.

If the US was to mount a land invasion, it would be similair to the first gulf war. Hit and Run. It would send a msg to Iran, and would severely weaken its armed forces.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Cheney is such a war-mongerer its ridiculous... I hope we don't go into Iran, it would just be another pointless loss of life. I'd like to see some of these poiticians experiance a war. I bet 99% of them of never say anything for war again. The other 1% are likely to be reptilians.. lol

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Right now the US is fighting a war on 2 major fronts.
Opening up a 3rd front in Iran is simply not possible with our current assets.
Any strike on Iran would result in retaliation causing a 3rd front whether the government wants it or not.

Only a complete moron would start a war in a third country with no assets to run it.

By the way, the breaking point for the american people will come when they try to instill the draft. The government will lose all remaining support from it's people.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
By the way, the breaking point for the american people will come when they try to instill the draft. The government will lose all remaining support from it's people.

Well, the draft is on the table, and believe it or not, they are "considering it".
Bush War Adviser Says Draft Worth a Look

Will we reach that point? Who knows with Bush and Cheney
running the show. Most likely its just talk, or at least I hope.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hey guys think about it this way, bombers can fly for many hours over 48 because they can be refueled in midair. Now maybe the government thinks someone will launch a nuke and as a fail safe instead of launching missiles from ships that can take 20 minutes to reach them they shoot missiles from a B2 that could reach them in less than 1.

So we could have the next 48 hours to wait for a war, then again probably not.

Also I want to point out all of the coincidences, I don't believe in them when it comes to politics and war. Look there is going to be a war no matter what everyone is saying that it is disinfo or w/e BS like that. I am a true believer we have to wake up and take control of the future.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
These rumors have been swirling about for two years now (really, longer, but the first serious allegations came out about two years ago).

Nothing has happened yet. This gives rise to the suspicion that it might all be a bluff.

But don't get me wrong. I wouldn't put this past Cheney for a second. I just wonder if maybe Seymour Hirsch et al were cleverly used by the administration to create a psych so that maybe they could push Iran around a bit.

The consequences of bombing the Iranians are unpredictable. All kinds of scenarios are possible.

BTW, I disagree with the contention that the Iranian army could beat the American army. In conventional combat, the Iranians would lose. However, I do not think America could actually defeat Iran militarily, unless they reverted to WW2 tactics and bombed residential neighborhoods without remorse, like they did in Dresden, Berlin, Frankfurt, Tokyo, ect. (which would be impossible in today's world). Instead, what you would probably have is a stalemate, with the Americans unable to really control Iran, even though they'd manage to decimate the Iranian military.

What concerns me is that we have three carrier groups in the Straights of Hormuz right now. That could be part of a psych, but what if it's part of a plot to push the Iranians into attacking a few of the ships so we had a "justification" for an attack?????

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I agree with both clintk and paul76... The Iranian army certainly could not beat us but we would still get our asses kicked nonetheless. Iran is twice the size of Iraq with double the population. It is, whether the population likes the mullah's or not, a unified country and have been so for thousands of years, unlike Iraq... they will fight, door to door if need be and it will make the insurgency in Iraq look like a cake walk... It is a war that we could never win and all they would have to do to win, is to hold out... not to mention the fact that despite the Shiia/Sunni divide, the invasion of yet another Muslim country by the United States, would not only play right into Osama Bin Laden's and Al Qaeda's hands by "proving" that the so-called war on terror is actually a war on Islam (true or not) but it would unify the Muslim world like no other and we will be fighting a rear guard action against the terrorists/freedom fighters/insurgents for the next generation to come.

The macho bomb em back to the stone age mentality just doesn't work anymore. Mark my word if we nuked Shiia Iran, Sunni Pakistan would answer.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Doesnt anyone think its odd, The USA has wanted to attack Iran for some time now, somehow a bunch of things have happened so they can have even more of an excuse to attack, and I was thinking to myself, I bet something else is somehow going to pop up so that they can attack, and now magically they have this whole iraqi thing, its all so perfect.

I am totally against an attack! Unless I see a good enough reason, oh wait a minute, I better be carefull what I ask for, maybe I will get a reason.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Be honest here....

Prior to March 03, we had no reason to wage war on Iraq,
But Cheney came on camera, and started preaching about mushroom clouds, nuclear programmes, etc etc...

And after 4 and a half years... we found nothing.

Narda....

Zip....

We have various accusations of '' documents, statements, and etc ''

from defectors '' akin to the moral level of chalabi ''

that supposidly justifies us invading this, isolated... foreign land.....

All of a sudden... this same crooked, self - appointed, corporate figure head is catergorizing Iran as a terroristi-c, weapons of mass preducing non democratic ( when means synpathetic to israel ) nation..

for what?

how is this evidence, which amounts to no certain specific accusation meant to be influencing us enough to sacrifice our sons and daughters for the sake of 'security' because this man, has a specific ' hidden need ' to wage battles across the middle east.

Prior to 2001, when you woke up and drove to your 9-5 job... did you have to keep sight out for 'iraq's or iranians '

were these people forcing life changing decisions by just being themselves?

So why all of a sudden are we faced with the prospect of murdering them, to keep us safe?

I dont know what was the reality within the walls of the white house.
I can only estimate.

All I can establish, now.. is 4 points

1. They had prior evidence of 911, yet missed it...
2. They believed Iraq to be related., and had all this evidence backing this thing up.... unexpectably, this was all false
3. We're now tied up, in all aspects of military operations... yet refuse to achnowledge everyones pley for evacuation
4. We're accusing a neighbouring nation, of the same crimes, as we did to mess up this 'soveriegn nation' earlier

I'd like to say, that its painfully obvious where this administration is heading...
Its 'bloody' obvious where there last adventures have gotte them.
And its the publics fault, if they allow the Administration to create another ' unnesecary-warzone'

People today justify there arguments 'for' the bush admin as
'' well everyone believed the WMD' lie... so dont badger me about it being lies ''
And fair enough.
I for one believed it... I mean how often had the US Government lied to the world over a war-causing crisis ?
Never, so we following trust in this case.

But Now?

There's no excuse, for a single sole...

we all saw the tragedy coming..

but you, unlike I.... chose to give my life 'trying' that it never occured.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join