It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we reduce our mass?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Consider elements that are at the top of the atomic scale, they have high mass but in our experience are very unstable eg. do not really exist. But do they not exist?

They can exist for very very short times. I see no objection why you shouldn't be able to have elements above 130, but it would take a lot of energy to see something that would fall apart in microseconds. But what's the point of bringing this up in this thread?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Technically speaking an electron has mass, just very little. So even light isn't going as fast as possible.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm not so sure this is so far fetched...

Think about an atom...a lot of it is empty space... Now, if you could "tighten" the orbit of the electrons, you would make the atom smaller...

So, if you could do this with every atom in a body (by increasing the gravity on each nuclear nucleus), then theoretically, wouldn't a person "shrink"? Also, assuming that the "empty space" contributes to the mass of the object, it would be reduced as well. Or, if it didn't factor in, at least you'd be smaller, but still be the same mass.

That is the idea in the film "Honey I Shrunk the kids" and the sequel.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Technically speaking an electron has mass, just very little. So even light isn't going as fast as possible.

Light is not electrons, it's photons. Photons have no mass, electrons do.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
u cant have no mass u dums unless your a photon man (hey of age of empires!)maybe mass is a drag, that pulls u down into the weave of space time, creating a friction which is not real in the 3d world beacuse time is 4d. so photons dont get lagged by this effect that i now name the quizor effect in my name.

<< 1   >>

join