It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living Fossils?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Living creatures embedded in solid stone? Science says it cant happen... but the evidence indicates that it does... and more frequently than most people are aware.

unmuseum.mus.pa.us...
paranormal.about.com...
www.subversiveelement.com...

On April 22 1881 Joe Molino was at the 60ft. level of the Wide West Mine near Ruby Hill Nevada. He drove his pick under the jagged bit of stone that protruded from the side of the tunnel and pulled it loose. As the stone fell it struck Joe on the foot and that infuriated him so much that he grabbed a sledge and smashed the offending rock. He was astounded to see a cavity about the size od his fist exposed by the hammer blow, and it was filled with white worms of some sort. Joe picked them up. They showed no signs of life at first... but after half an hour a few of them began to move... and within an hour, as the half dozen miners watched in amazement, the worms were all crawling slowly around the floor of the tunnel. The mine operators took charge of the worms and the stone, sent them to the U.S. Bureau of Mines and recieved a letter some weeks later informing them that it was all a misunderstanding; since it could not have happened as the miners described the circumstances!

Fully as inexplicable was the case of the dull reddish gray beetle found entombed in a tight-fitting mould of iron ore taken from the famed Longfellow Mine near Clifton Arizona in 1892. When the lump of ore broke and the beetle was discovered in its iron sarcophagus, the sample was turned over to a geologist in El Paso, Mr Z. T. White. He placed it on a piece of paper in a specimen case that stood in his library, and there about a week after the thing had been removed from the mine, he detected movement in the beetle. Examining it under a magnifying glass, White saw a small beetle slowly emerge from the body of the specimen. Witnesses were hastily summoned. The young beetle was placed in a jar where it lived for several months. Eventually all were turned over to the Smithsonian Institution in Washington D.C. where they remain to this day.

In 1873 at the Black Diamond Coal Mine on Mount Diablo near San Francisco miners discovered a large frog partially embedded in the face of the limestone layer they had just blasted. The frog fitted tightly into his stony crypt;in fact when he was carefully removed the stone showed the imprint of his body. Both frog and surroundings were brought to the surface , where the frog lived about a day, evidently blind and only able to move one leg slowly. When the creature deid, he and his age-old tomb were presented to the San Francisco Academy of Sciences, visible refutation of the scientific assertion that such things cannot happen.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Sound a little off the wall, but I beleive it. I think I read somewhere a long time ago about bacteria or something that was frozen in ice for a gazillion years or something, and when they thawed it out it came back to life.

Then again that was ice, which freezes everything inside of you, rocks dont freeze.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yeah I think I have that story around here someplace, it sounds familiar... I'll check through my science journals. Yeah it's difficult to believe but each instance has been documented by reputed scientists... I guess the real question is: how is it possible?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
wow... no takers... interesting...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here are some further links for your studying pleasure:

paranormal.about.com...

unmuseum.mus.pa.us...

www.newscientist.com...

Enjoy :-)

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I HONESTLY DONT WANT TO BELIEVE I ORIGINATED FROM A CRAP FLIGIN-BUT ITCHIN DAMN DIRTY APE.:EVEN DARWIN RECANTED ON HIS DEATHBED AND SAID GOD EXISTED....SO........HAHAHA!!!!!!!! GOD 1 ATHIESTS 0

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I HONESTLY DONT WANT TO BELIEVE I ORIGINATED FROM A CRAP FLIGIN-BUT ITCHIN DAMN DIRTY APE.:EVEN DARWIN RECANTED ON HIS DEATHBED AND SAID GOD EXISTED....SO........HAHAHA!!!!!!!! GOD 1 ATHIESTS 0

huh?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I thought this thread was prretty interesting myself, just goes to show, ones mans garbage is another mans furniture.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Most of those stories are pretty old, and weren't actually observed by anyone.
The turtle was found a year later, and depending on the type of turtle, like if it was a water turtle, the kind that hibernate underwater for a season, I can see that happen. Probably why it died, actually. A extended forced hibernation, and then it probably ate immediately afterwords. Shock to the system.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I dont know, i thought there were some pretty crazy ones there, and i quote:

"As the stone fell it struck Joe on the foot and that infuriated him so much that he grabbed a sledge and smashed the offending rock. He was astounded to see a cavity about the size od his fist exposed by the hammer blow, and it was filled with white worms of some sort. "

That is far different than finding a turtle.

Maybe i wrote too much. Kinda hard being a writer in the world of adhd and add i guess

I figured this quote would cement that fact that these are established documented facts:

In 1873 at the Black Diamond Coal Mine on Mount Diablo near San Francisco miners discovered a large frog partially embedded in the face of the limestone layer they had just blasted. The frog fitted tightly into his stony crypt;in fact when he was carefully removed the stone showed the imprint of his body. Both frog and surroundings were brought to the surface , where the frog lived about a day, evidently blind and only able to move one leg slowly. When the creature deid, he and his age-old tomb were presented to the San Francisco Academy of Sciences, visible refutation of the scientific assertion that such things cannot happen.

top topics

join