It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Missing Iranian from Summerland, CA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This is part of the local lore and legend of my town. It is known by a select few who witnessed it, including my friend, who was eating lunch at the burger place across the street. There was an Iranian man who operated the Sandpiper Liquor Store in Summerland. He went by the name of Sammy and knew all of the locals and was friendly. At Halloween he would give out free candy to the trick-or-treaters at the local elementary school. He was friendly and very well liked. This all changed after 9/11. He started to appear uneasy and scared of something. Then one day, my friend, who was across the street, swears he saw two unmarked suburbans with government plates drive up. Apparently Sammy also saw these mysterious vehicles and knew what they were for. He escaped out of the back of the store and was pursued and captured by his unknown pursuers. He was taken away and never seen in summerland again. As to the liquor store, it passed along to other Iranians who werent as friendly, probably his relatives. Was this an illegal act by the government? I was wondering if anyone had something similar to this happen in their town, I would like to find out more.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
First, I would ask the assumed relatives what happened to Sammy. And then there's always the Freedom of Information Act request stuff to the Justice Department...just don't hold your breath on getting a prompt response.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I've asked the so called "relatives" plenty of times but they seem sensitive about it and never tell me anything. You're right I can ask the justice department about it but I'm sure there are dozens of guys that have been arrested by the name of sammy

join