It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You Hear The Emergency Broadcast Test Today? 07/25/07

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I heard the test for the emergency broadcast system on the radio and tv today.
The one I heard on tv seemed to be a little different. At the end of it it said:
"If this had been a real emergency alert this alert would have been for the entire state of Florida.
I don't think I've ever heard that before.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Being from a militry town in the south-west of england i used to hear alot of test sirens every other day,quite scary but i don't recall ever seeing an emergency broadcast so far
I hope This is not testing for something horrible,bit by bit things in the u.s government seem to be gearing towards something big...

[edit on 26-7-2007 by RhynoGB]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Where did there alerts play? Where are you located? How long did they last? We need to get as many people on ATS from the affected area to report any emergency broadcast activity.

This is a very important topic. Weeks ago false emergency broadcasts were issued under 'Presidential authority' in the Chicago area.

Day of Nuclear Drills And Test of Chicago Warning System:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Chicago Emergency Alert System Activated Today (6/26/07) By Presidential Code:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think we are getting very close to the big day. The day when an attack happens and the nation is transformed into a police-state.

I think they are preparing and testing the emergency systems. Like a rehearsal for their big show... they want it go exactly as planned.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If they didn't perform these tests and something DID happen, then everyone would cry.. "why didn't they warn us"

Geez, they're tests people, be glad that we have them.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I live in SW Florida, I heard the alert from another room, though, and didn't catch what was said. It was about 1:30pm. I'll keep my ears open today though. Now that I think about it, it went off twice. About 5 minutes apart. Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I am also in Florida, SE though and usually hear the tests on Wednesdays which is the emergency broadcast test day in this area. But have not paid much attention to them.

I know that in the past there has been a specific local warning for hurricanes and not a statewide warning.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I once saw an emergency alert on CNN. 1/3 of the lower screen was black and a scrolling text bar inserted by Homeland security appeared: "This is an emergency. All citizens of New Orleans please call .....". I saw the scrolling text althoug I live in Europe. Was quite scary....

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Its just a test of the system they the government put into place to warn you of disasters and tell you where to get help. This test is run monthly. I know I am a former broadcast engineer for ABC. Its required by law that this test runs monthly I might add. Nothing to see here.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
At the end of it it said:
"If this had been a real emergency alert this alert would have been for the entire state of Florida.
I don't think I've ever heard that before.

as opposed to what? a global alert?

I think, and I might be wrong here, but I think that all networks on tv and radio are required to do these alerts from time to time.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have been hearing alot of this lately and while I think it's just regular testing I have noticed that we haven't had one of these tests in Minnesota in a long while.

I wonder if the seemingly increasing tests are being conducted more in states that are potential targets?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I would be dissappointed if I didn't see/hear something related to our
government's attempt to improve the nation's security and the
communication of alerts. After all, we're spending billions of dollars on
this and I'd hate to think that it's only on wire-tapping and security
guards at airports. I wonder if they're planning a way to broadcast
national/regional alerts over the internet via the major ISP's? Many
(most?) Americans now spend more hours at the P.C. than they do
in front of the television. -cwm

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
I have been hearing alot of this lately and while I think it's just regular testing I have noticed that we haven't had one of these tests in Minnesota in a long while.

I wonder if the seemingly increasing tests are being conducted more in states that are potential targets?

Now that you mention it DDay, our city hasn't conducted the weekly
test of the emergency sirens at all this Spring/Summer. Usually, it
every Thursday, right at 10:30am. I'll be sure to listen closely in
20 minutes. (It's now 10:10am CDT). Thanks 4 the heads up!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I live in southern California and we had 2 emergency alert test messages today.
The first was at 8:30 and the second was at 8:32.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
With hurricane season knocking on Florida's door, it would seem normal for Floridians to hear these tests around the clock.

I think the op is just stating that the message after the alert was strange.

We don't have regular testing of alerts where I am. I do hear Michigans alerts on the radio though.

[edit on 26/7/07 by Rhain]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Just pay me, an I will throw rocks with paper attached saying " a hurricane is commin Move dummy! "

and all will be fine.

Or

We can send trained cats to everyones house with voice recordings so they talk when they get to you. yeah thats logical.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is my very first post here at ats. My friend turned me on to the website a week ago. Anyhow, regarding the testing, I live in a major metro are.....Kansas City. We have testing almost everynight. Just on tv, they do that beep and a crawl come across saying this is a mandatory test of the EBS. It's been like that for years. But then again, we live in tornado alley. The test everynight, around 11pm I think, is only on tv, not the radio. We also have our monthly tests, first Wednesday of every month at 11am of the outdoor sirens.

It has never said by presidential order or anything like that though.

Just chiming in here from my state.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I live in vegas and had the same emergency test message on the radio. Was it around 3PM?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Nothing new here. I live in Michigan and tests of the emergency broadcasting system have been going on for as long as I can remember. If they didn't do periodic testing then I would begin to worry.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
"If this had been a real emergency alert this alert would have been for the entire state of Florida."

I live in Miami. Usually all the emergency broadcast tests end with that message. Try paying attention to the next one to make sure.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Blimey it seems you lot in the USA have these sirens going and tv alerts on a monthly basis, we would be lucky in the UK to see two buses in the same week lol

It is good to hear that you get these tests, but what keeps popping up in my head is are you been "conditioned" to accept these warnings and carry on as normal.

I ask because if another "terrorist attack" happens on the scale of 9/11 or bigger, whether genuine or sadly to say generated by your own leaders, then a fair few of you might just shrug your shoulders on hearing the warnings and say it is just another test.

Question: When you hear via radio or see via tv these warnings do you do anything different or just carry on going about your business, do you assume it is another test or do you actually follow an alert procedure path.

Do you actually head for the basement or continue doing your normal day to day things?

Wolfie

top topics

<<   2 >>

join