It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Money Cant Be Copied

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
WASHINGTON - Adobe Systems Inc. acknowledged Friday it quietly added technology to the world's best-known graphics software at the request of government regulators and international bankers to prevent consumers from making copies of the world's major currencies.

I sense theres more than just stopping you from copying money. Heres the full story:
news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040110/ap_on_hi_te/copying_dollars_6

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
unless youre the CIA.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There has already been fake 20's (the new one's) going around. In fact they've had busts around my local area for a couple months already. According to reports they are almost perfect. Not exact, but very very close. It doesn't take long at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
New Money can't be copied..unless you have access to a new HP Indigo press
or a Heidelberg direct-to-plate Setter with a Harlequin RIP in front of a newer offset press.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
My deskjet 890c sure does a good job though...JK

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
New Money can't be copied..unless you have access to a new HP Indigo press
or a Heidelberg direct-to-plate Setter with a Harlequin RIP in front of a newer offset press.

Well, that's more than I know as far as the process of how to do it.

kukla, just how do YOU know so much about it huh??? You've got a lot of nice new items and flashy toys I see!!!

Just how do you afford such nice things on an honest persons pay check huh!!!???? Spill it buddy!! We've been on to you for months now pal!! Games up!!

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I really don't care about this particular secret implementation, but this does show how any software company can put secret code in their applications to monitor its usage. Who knows what secret code is in Windows or other applications? The unknowns are the issue for me.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I really don't care about this particular secret implementation, but this does show how any software company can put secret code in their applications to monitor its usage. Who knows what secret code is in Windows or other applications? The unknowns are the issue for me.

Some "Secret Codes" within software are known as "Easter Eggs". Lot's of software come packed with them. What do you expect, programers have always been known for leaving back doors and all kinds of things. Here are some:
www.eeggs.com...

Ever heard of "chipart". Some guy has been collecting pictures of Microscopic images of things like "snoopy, where's waldo, birds, etc." you name it. Microscopic images that are actually hidden and undetectable without a microscope on microchips. They are found in everything from cell phones to PC's to VCR's. Put there by the chip designers as some kind of a secret signature or whatever.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well mOjOm..in all disclosure before someone calls the secret service...I lack the skills and facilities to copy money, nor would I ever consider coutering.

But it is not impossible. The latest press technology is downright scary in capabiliites... So uh..yeah if you know someone with a cpl million already, lets make it happen Captain..!

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Can't say I'm too surprised or upset.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Greetings all,

about money that cant be copied...

The euro currency had been designed to be the most secure and trustable money in the world ... lost of signs, codes, special papers and inks, etc.

At this time there are numerous copies of 200 and 500 euros circulating. Most commerces and shops don't accept them anymore.

A few days ago, the authorities seized a bunch of very good copies of 20's and production equipment consisting of computers, scanners, printers, etc.

never say never

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Do they record the serial numbers of the bills that you try to copy and inbed them in the program somewhere? Would they use that information against you if you were convicted and they found your computer with the software on it?

What if you tried to copy your drivers liscense or your passport or a theatre ticket or...

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
As an avid Photoshop user (in my profession), and a freedom-loving person, this bothers me. What next? Will Photoshop have to check in with Big Brother to be sure you aren't opening a copywrited photo, logo, etc? The industries that use Photoshop LOVE the software, and it never occurred to me that it would ever die. But this could be the factor that gives its competition a boost.

new topics

top topics

join