It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

up coming state of emergency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
this is my theory on the future of the presedential elections and the security of the united states and possibly the world.

I for one do not think that there will be a new president elected, i keep hearing on the new's that al queda has had a large group of terrorist graduate from their training camp and they have been sent to the usa and europe, there is also that pending attack that they talk.

My theory is that the vote on weither or not we should get out of iraq will be made and it will be a clear that bush must evacute, once that is done there will probably be a attack on american soil again. This will cause bush to use his power to the supreme and take full control of everything creating a state under his rule, the presedential elections will be no more. Once he is given complete control he will feel that since al queda came inot the usa that there must be a better securuity system. He will then authorise the implant that will be given to everyone. He will proabably say that this is to make sure that there are no ties to terrorists or any suspicous activity, but if you dont get it you will not be allowed to buy food or get gas or anything. All of this leading to him coming to power or maybe someone else.

well that is my theory, i think something will happen along those lines dont you.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm sort of hoping for either things to straighten out (this is fair)

OR Georges and Dicks' impeachment- a speedy one.

There is a good chance that Bush will declare a police state and he will stay- which means one thing. He will be the dictator. For as long as he lives or is allowed to live.

Which will it be, i do not know. My guess its not going to be the first one i mentioned.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
well that is my theory, i think something will happen along those lines dont you.

No.

This is the same sort of "theorizing" that was thrown-around during the run-up to the 2004 Presidential election. Remember? It was paranoid fantasizing then and it is the same now.

So, rest easy ATS. The Boogiemen George and Dick will be retired from public service as-of January, 2009. What to do to fill the fantasy void? I suggest you start ramping-up the "Dictator Hillary" theories now. This way you'll be sure to have them handy when needed.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm thinking that we will probably be under martial law before Bush is out of office. Whether he stays or not is really up to those he works for. (The big money globalists) If they want Hillary to run the new police state (and I think they do), that's the way it'll be.

Is that what you had in mind, oh stabby attacker?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
the next attack will be in august.

wait and see.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think its very optimistic to think Bush will be gone by 2009.

My money is on him staying because of a "disaster" fabricated, real, or perceived real, or a "gut feeling" or an excuse. I also think he will have to be dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming.

He's got too many plans and too little time. He's counting on his Dictatorship to kick in any day now so he can make all his dreams come true.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
How odd, I was considering something along these lines earlier today.

Does anyone else find it odd that, almost from the very start of the current Administration, no has EVER given serious consideration to even the thought of Vice-President Cheney running for President at the end of Bush's term?

Now, generally speaking, a VP is considered the de facto "heir-apparent" to the top job. In fact, I cannot remember one VP who didn't make a bid for the top spot at the end of his respective administration.

And yet, to my knowledge, there has NEVER been even the mere mention of Cheney making the run; not from the political pundits, not from the GOP, not even from Cheney himself.

The VP certainly has "experience"; some would say that it has been Cheney, rather than GW, who has actually been running (or ruining) the country these past 7 years. He certainly has the money to finance a campaign. And if Dick lacks a certain level of support for a successful presidential bid, well that is where the money comes into play, right?

Well, money and blackmail.

And yet, nothin. Nada. Bupkis!

The GOP is left with a gang of squabbling, scandal-riven "second-stringers".

It's almost as if "They" know that they don't have to do anything to "Stay the Course"...

Because there won't be an election to win.

As George might say:

"You don't change horses in the muddle of a War".

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I don't care how much money he has, Cheney will never legitimately be elected as President. He shot his friend in the face and he is seen as the major villain in the Bush administration. That persona isn't going to turn around in the next year and a half, and it is likely to get worse.

As long as there is evidence suggesting the Government was in on 9/11 I will be weary of this administration. This thread says it all for me:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why would he do this if he didn't intend to use it? Everything is in place for this man to do something outrageous. His presidency is failing, the middle east is falling apart, and he is struggling to cover his tracks. The one thing that could turn it around is another 9/11. Just one glance at the news this week scares the hell out of me. Numerous stories about how Al Qaeda is ready to attack, or how they have grown in strength, etc... And they are even reporting this on Fox news!!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
There is a little stumbling block called the Constitution of the United States.

Article II sets out the details of the Executive branch and coupled with Amendments 12 and 22 it says clearly that no man (or woman) shall serve more than two full terms of four years and that elections must be held to determine the successor.

Any President could theoretically suspend this but it would only be through brute force. Presidential Executive Orders do not come above the Constitution in terms of authority.

In the event of an actual emergency on election day, any effort by the federal Government to impede voters would also be in breach of a whole world of election legislation.

Also, even though Bush runs a strong executive his power IS limited by Congress and the Supreme Court. You can bet your ass any President trying to suspend elections would have articles of impeachment slapped on his desk within hours. Also, the Supreme Court, whilst being of a right wing swing in this session would never stand for it because it is illegal.

The show goes on, so to speak.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Nerdling, you underestimate the chaos following such a potential emergency. Depending on the scale of the disaster, the immediate aftermath will likely be filled with confusion and disorder. The public will be eager to strike back and cleanup, and a lot of people will be irrational. don't forget how easy it was to pass the Patriot act in the wake of 9/11.

If a nuclear weapon explodes in a major American city the constitution will be the last thing on many people's minds in the months following. Everything will be geared towards preparing for a large scale war.

Let us hope this does not happen, and if it does that we are not blinded by it so as to allow something disastrous. Its happened before though (Hitler), and history has a tendency of repeating itself.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
i thought of this when bush was elected the 2nd time... for some reason i felt he would be the last president,i honestly hope im wrong,but it'd just that feeling i get when i see him.

i do think something will happen that will allow him to stay in office till he dies.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I actually thought about this scenario, too. While I doubt that it will play out that way, I don't totally dismiss the idea. I still remember something called the 2000 election, when he managed to swindle Florida and, in turn, the Presidency.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Article II sets out the details of the Executive branch and coupled with Amendments 12 and 22 it says clearly that no man (or woman) shall serve more than two full terms of four years and that elections must be held to determine the successor.

OK, I'll stir the pot since we are talking hypothetically. If Cheney ran for President having already served as Vice-President, what would prevent Bill Clinton from running for Vice-President?

A Clinton-Clinton ticket. There seem to be no rules preventing that.

I mean we are in the midst of the Bush Father - Son regime, why not
a husband - wife.

Hastily heads for bunker while putting on Flame Proof Suit.

Regards...Kinda Kurious

edit for typos

[edit on 16-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
There are rules against a Clinton Clinton ticket, sorry. Bush and Co have set up the Continuity of government and havepracticed it for 6 years they then got the EO's in place to give him the right to declare a state of Emergency. Under the new rules Congress cant even challenge the assetion for 6 months. But we the People can challenge it with our GUNS immediately, and my suggestion to everyone would be just that if they tried to declare Martial Law. Get your guns and kill the enemy...

Bush and Co. is the enemy

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
we need to get to the root cause, the federal reserve banking system.

anything else is akin 2 walking into a bee's nest and instead of leaving just killing one bee at a tme

people will realize there is an issue, only after they are shaken by some kind of monetary hardship which will be evident within 12 months, Guaranteed

until this happens the best we can hope to do is figure out enough that we can get a glimpse of the headlights from the perspective of a deer

[edit on 16-7-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
There are rules against a Clinton Clinton ticket, sorry.

What are they?

Sorry for the one-lined response. I can't seem to find a source for your assertion.

Regards......Kinda Kurious

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

But we the People can challenge it with our GUNS immediately, and my suggestion to everyone would be just that if they tried to declare Martial Law. Get your guns and kill the enemy...

Bush and Co. is the enemy

first, I don't think that the public and thier guns can match up against the military.

second, that sounds like you just made a threat against the President's life, might want to reword that, this site is sometimes monitored by the government.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSonOfMan
the next attack will be in august.

wait and see.

Is that just because it's July now? I've got a gut feeling it will be soon also, but hesitant to put a date down, when it happens it happens.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

There are rules against a Clinton Clinton ticket, sorry.

What are they?

Sorry for the one-lined response. I can't seem to find a source for your assertion.

Regards......Kinda Kurious

Well, there is a considerable amount of controversy on the subject of Bill Clinton's eligibility to run for VP.

The 12th Amendment to the Constitution states, "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States." However, when written, this clause was referring to the Article II (natural-born citizen, over 35...) Presidential service eligibility requirements. Does the later 22nd Amendment term limit rule apply to the 12th Amendment clause? My conclusion is: no. The 22nd Amendment says a two-term President can't be ELECTED President. It doesn't say one couldn't SERVE as President.

In reality, this would end-up in the courts. You should read this

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It doesn't say one couldn't SERVE as President.

Thanks I Attack People.

That was exactly what I was looking for. Seems quite vague and highly
debatable.

Regards...Kinda Kurious

top topics

<<   2 >>

join