It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is writing a book a conspiratorial act?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Why is writing a book--and some publishing company finding the manuscript valid enough to invest resources in it and to actually publish it--considered a conspiratorial act here?

I just ran across someone's signature here saying basically, "Don't believe anyone who's selling a book," and was really floored by it. And it pops up over and over again as a valid reason to debunk anyone who brings out info in book form.

Are all our libraries then suspect?

I think most people have no idea of the amount of time and trouble it takes to write a book and see it through the editorial and production process, and then to help with the publicity.

I began my career in publishing, in editorial, and have also published several books on history, and I am constantly amazed that people see publishing as some sort of dirty business--an evil-tinged, capitalistic/disinfo, money-grubbing process that authors go through only to delude and milk/bilk the public.

For any but about 200 authors a year, you can make more money for your time flipping burgers at MacDonalds.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
From what I have seen here, the signature suggests that anyone who comes here and makes some way out there claim needs to back it up. If they get all cryptic about facts and try to drag out the suspense instead of putting it all out for us to see, it is then that the motivation behind the post may reek of future book sales. If you come here trying to sell a book by masking your intentions stirring up interest, that is deception. Also, some come here to use the massive collective knowledge to actually write a book. They will come here asking everyone questions and try to cull as much info as possible in order to profit from book sales.

Books aren't evil, writers are bad people, but decepting members for profit is bad.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Deep down they're probably jealous. When I read a good book I'm in the mind of the writer, it doesn't matter if, in the end, I don't agree with what I've read. As long as I've enjoyed the journey. I'd love to write books.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
lol sorry but if i was writing a book,this would most certainly not be a resource that i use,unless my books about how to argue about petty things.

top topics

join