It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Disney making me scan my finger for entry ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
They make you scan your finger so they are able to properly track you when you are in their mind control facilities located in the hidden under ground parts of their theme parks.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Amelie]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
THAT is just wack dude. I can tell you right now it is without a doubt connected to a much larger database in relation to the DOD. A "step in the right direction" to prevent terrorism, a step in the wrong direction to keep us free.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I always offer my middle finger

when i go there.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
allearsnet.com...

Finger scans. Just the mere mention of it suggests something out of a Star Trek movie. But finger scans at Walt Disney World are not evil. In fact, they are a necessity if you purchase any current WDW admission media. Hopefully this will take some of the fear of the unknown out of doing a finger scan for your park admission.

In early 1996, Disney began a new system to identify users of annual and seasonal passes. Abandoned was the barcoded laminated photo ID pass in favor of a new mylar paper one. This new pass had no photo and only contained minimal visual evidence of ownership - your name and the expiration date of the pass. What was new was the magnetic strip on the back.

This magnetic strip stored all of your pass information that the previous photo one had plus it would reference one new piece of information: your biometric finger scan or as Disney now calls it, your ticket tag.

Disney expanded the use of the ticket tag system in 2005 with the introduction of Magic Your Way tickets and then expanded it to include all tickets no matter when purchased.

The original scanners used two fingers inserted in a "V" shape. The original scanners required visitors to insert two fingers into a reader that identified key information about the shape of the fingers. In 2006, Disney started upgrading their scanners with single finger scanners. The single finger scanners scan one fingertip for its fingerprint information but does not store the entire fingerprint image, but only numerical information about certain points.

Why does Disney need my fingerprints?

The original admission system has nothing to do with your fingerprints. It scans your index and middle fingers (on two finger scanners) and uses a geometric formula to come up with a number that will identify your fingers. The calculated number is apparently something that is not totally unique, but is statistically significant in identifying you. The single finger scanners scan one fingertip for its fingerprint information.

How long will Disney keep this information?

The data on the scans is kept independent of all of any other system and will be purged 30 days after the ticket expires or when the computer determines that it is fully used up.

So this technology has been used before, and now people are complaining about it. Why??? O yeah because we have a President that people believe is a dictator. If it was under Clinton, then the fingerscanning is just harmless. Nothing to fear.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Maybe they're comparing the fingerprints with a database of fingerprints from known pedophiles? And if they get a match, they'll keep that person under surveillance while they are there?

That actually doesn't sound to far-fetched, especially considering their sercurity chiefs history.

Security chief sued before
DISNEYLAND: The head of one of the park's security units was accused in three other jobs of heavy-handed tactics.
March 11, 2000
By BERNARD J. WOLFSON
The Orange County Register

ANAHEIM - The head of a Disneyland security unit accused recently of heavy-handed tactics against park employees has been sued in at least three previous security jobs, according to court records.
Numerous former and current Disneyland employees have criticized the park's 10-member "loss-prevention management" division, headed by Christopher S. Penton. They told The Orange County Register that the division's investigators have questioned them at length about alleged wrongdoing, often using intimidation and misleading statements to try to secure confessions. One named Penton in a civil suit filed against the park Feb. 18.
Penton, through Disneyland spokesman Ray Gomez, declined to comment on any of the complaints against him. Gomez declined to comment on any lawsuits in which Penton was named.
Some complaints by plaintiffs in the previous lawsuits against Penton echo criticisms of him in a memo recently sent to top Disney managers and those made by the Disneyland employees.
Court records from Orange and Los Angeles counties show that between 1985 and 1995, three civil lawsuits were filed against Penton and his former employers.

Taken from an internal Disney memo:

This information is being sent to you from a few concerned members of management at the Disneyland Resort. We do not want to identify ourselves for reasons that will become obvious to you after you read this letter.
Our concerns involve the Loss Prevention Department and Security Operations. The problem appears to lie with the supervisors who control the Loss Prevention Department.
We have seen, and have been directly or indirectly involved with, or have heard about events that are completely without ethics, professionalism and blatantly lack Disney standards, at the direction of the manager of this department, Chris Penton. This person is extremely arrogant and doesn’t attempt to disguise this trait. He believes he has the power to direct Area Management, get the results he demands and that by doing so, he can force all of the Areas to submit to his way of thinking.

Penton has turned a great number of our Areas throughout the Park against him and therefore against his Loss Prevention Department. Many of our Areas now refuse to work with him because of his inflexible attitude. We know from one of our managers that he has said certain managers "will have to answer for their decisions".
He has made decisions involving our Areas without thinking of the consequences and how they will impact the Resort in the big picture. Specifically, issues dealing with Outdoor Vending, Custodial, Main Entrance and Food Operations. We’re sure you are aware of these incidents, but as a reminder, they involve large numbers of suspensions that literally wipe out entire shifts, all without prior discussion with concerned management.
Why doesn't the Disney Company do Criminal Background Investigations prior to the employee's date of hire; before allowing them to work for one minute? Why are employees being terminated for not mentioning traffic offenses on their application? Is it not a waste of manpower, resources, training and energy to bring in a Cast Member that's destined to be terminated? Would it not be more cost-effective to delay a potential Cast Member's first day of work in order to wait for the results of their background investigation, and simply make the choice not to hire said employee? Would this not also protect Disney from allegations of hiring Child Molesters, Rapists and other criminals right from the start? Penton’s perpetuating of the status quo effects the daily operation of the Resort. Why does it take an anonymous letter such as this to point these things out? Isn't it the Area Manager of Loss Prevention and Investigation's responsibility to push for a change in policy if it's in the best interest of the company? The answers are simple:

Both excerpts taken from Anomalies unlimited.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
"So this technology has been used before, and now people are complaining about it. Why??? O yeah because we have a President that people believe is a dictator. If it was under Clinton, then the fingerscanning is just harmless. Nothing to fear."

Its hard to have empathy for people who persist on making such comments. And i refer you to the thread started by Intrepid- go take a peek at it, wont you?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
"So this technology has been used before, and now people are complaining about it. Why??? O yeah because we have a President that people believe is a dictator. If it was under Clinton, then the fingerscanning is just harmless. Nothing to fear."

Its hard to have empathy for people who persist on making such comments. And i refer you to the thread started by Intrepid- go take a peek at it, wont you?

Look whos talking. Should I put up what you said about this topic hmm?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I went to Universal Studios (orlando) a couple weeks ago and at the gate, they are using the finger scanners too. i didn't mind too much using it, but for some reason, the lady running it made me scan my finger three times. I think the machine had trouble reading it or something. There is a book about disney parks and all the bad stuff they do, i just can't think of the title, but i will find out and post it.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

here is a pick of the finger scanner at universal orlando that i forgot i took!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Has anyone emailed this to Alex Jones yet? I'd love to see him go there and do one of his demonstrations.

Lol, funny thing is, he kinda did someting similar to that

youtube.com...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, that machine there on the picture you took does look sinester and nefariously evil!! My take on this is that , like others , i agree it is a part of the NWO's agenda of keeping tabs on everyone and anybody.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
why do they need to scan our fingers for a number?

hasnt the old way been working fine enough???

just preparing kids for the technological domination.

This is a load of crap. and they are just stuffing lies right in our face.

it's just like ATS... and by that i mean (automated tracking system)

which is what our government is also doing to us whenever we leave the country... they give you a 'score'. on how much of a terrorist you are. and they monitor things you buy etc. a month ago they also mentioned this in the news.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Disney says it's not a fingerprint scanner, but a "finger geometry" scanner. It converts certain points on your finger into numerical values and combines them to form an almost unique identifier. A photo ID can be used in lieu of a scan.

Walt Disney World: The Government's Tomorrowland?

“It’s essentially a technology upgrade,” said Kim Prunty, spokeswoman for Walt Disney World. The new scanner, like the old finger geometry scanner, "takes an image, identifies a series of points, measures the distance between those points, and turns it into a numerical value." She added, "To call it a fingerprint is a little bit of a stretch."
Prunty said the new system will be easier for guests to use and will reduce wait times. The old machines required visitors to insert two fingers into a reader that identified key information about the shape of the fingers. The new machines scan one fingertip for its fingerprint information. Prunty said the company does not store the entire fingerprint image, but only numerical information about certain points.

Theme park consultant Arnold Tang said parks like Disney use the technology because it is more convenient for guests than showing photo identification and more accurate for theme parks, which have a significant ticket fraud problem.

Disney's explanation makes no sense to me.

First off...

1. I was never once asked for ID at any park. Why would I need entry for anything ? Im not asked for ID entering the movies, a ballpark, etc.

2. I was never asked to have my finger scanned when I bought my tickets online from Disney. How are they supposed to know its me at the entry gate when I visited ? How is this supposed to verifiy Im the one that bought the ticket ?

How is Disney supposed to use my scan to verify my identity or to ensure Im the one that purchased the ticket ?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
When I lived near there they only used this for season and annual pass holders. it makes sense with those, since they wouldn't want people sharing a single long term pass.

Have they expanded this beyond those types of passes now?

Im not any of those things. We live in Idaho and this was only our second trip to Disney, the previous visit about 8 years ago.

They were asking everyone to place their finger onto the scanning device

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStarMan
The thing is, it's NOT a fingerprint scanner. It's just that the finger makes a good object to do geometric scanning on. Don't get me wrong, you could be lied to, and it's actually scanning a database, checking for warrants and such, and then you are trapped in the park and the cops come and get you. But that is doubtful.

The true "conspiracy" here is that an executive at disney probably has a friend in the scanning business. He was sold on this as a way to increase revenue for disney because it will cut down on ticket fraud, etc. Next thing you know, the sale is approved, and the system is installed. I doubt it has anything to do with disney being "pro populace chipping". What does that even mean? Walt, in his cryogenic chamber?

I dont buy Disney's explanation.

If this were to cut down on ticket fraud, how would it work ? Nobody scanned my finger when I first purchased tickets online. What exactly are they comparing my finger scan too ?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'll give you a better one! They scanned my finger, and the next day, it didn't scan right, and a man in a suit asked me to step to the side, and I had to show him my driver's license, and every day after that, too! He always smiled and said, ok, you can go! Also, I wouldn't mind if a small child was scanned. It might help prevent a kidnapping, etc. Now, I can see how this can lead to the Mark Of The Beast of Revelation! That was my thought when they scanned my finger!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Let's see, don't make a scene. I have heard that somewhere before. Oh, yeah, through history as a matter of fact. In Jerusalem in 0 A.D. quite a few people really committed to a cause said " Don't make a scene ".

And in the late 1930's a bunch of nice folks got together at a place called Pottsdam and at the end, they too said " Don't make a scene ". And later in the 1930's and 1940's a lot of Germans and Poles and others said " Don't make a scene ". The establishment of this nation told black people for centuries : " Don't make a scene ", the same thing that was said to the Native Americans for centuries.

And when the youth of America took a stand during another useless political war, and died on their campuses for daring to speak out, the ' leaders ' of us all said " Don't make a scene " and gassed and beat and jailed them en masse.

And when George Bush stole the highest office we have by the first ever power grab by the Supreme Court , even the losers said " Don't make a scene ". And when he stole the next election with rigged machines and vote caging among many crimes, the media and Congress said " Don't make a scene". And when we invaded a nation that had nothing at all to do with anything except grand designs by ruthless men for their future enrichment, with no proof of any threat, the nation said : " Rally round the flag !! Don't make a scene ".

And now the scanners are starting to pop up, and cops are getting more powerful and agressive,and the Constitution that we love has been stripped of meaning and yet we all cry " Don't make a scene . For God's sake, just stay quiet. Let the OTHER guy be the one to stick his neck out...let the other man try and see if he can still say NO.. or even HELL NO !! BUT NOT ME...uh uh..I have too much to lose, see...you know, the stuff that matters..my car and house and family and job, you know, the important things. Heck, as long as they let us keep living I guess we...."

And Orwell , along with many others watching from the past, wept.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't know whether something sinister is going on at Disney, but I do know that there is an argument around using fingerprint scanners for identification which has the danger of convincing people that it's not privacy-invasive.

In my final year at school, fingerprint scanners were introduced to "assist registration" of pupils. When there were enough scanners around the school, we were "invited" to have our fingerprints scanned which were then converted into a long-digit number - something like 22 digits -- in such a way that each had a unique one. Much like a cryptographic hash algorithm. I did initially try to prevent being scanned, but I gave in, and then promptly regretted it. I did not get asked to sign any legal form or similar, and neither did my parents.

The argument is that it is not actually storing any fingerprints, but merely a cryptographic hash of the scanned fingerprint, so that when you scan your finger to register your presence, it checks that it gets turned into the same hash. So a government agency couldn't come along and use it as a database of fingerprints, right? Wrong. Suppose you find a fingerprint at the scene of a crime, but all the local schools only store the hashes of these fingerprints. How can you use this information? Simple: you get the algorithm used by the school. You can then convert the fingerprint evidence you've got at the scene into a hash which you can compare.

You're submitting your fingerprint to a database by proxy.

In thinking about it, I'll make sure to get in touch with them to check they erase my records.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
right or wrong Disney is private...you pay to go in...so THEY dictate how they want it done. Its not a right to gain access into theme parks....

I wouldn't like the idea either...but I guess it will test how bad you really want to go meet Mickey, compared to stressing over the fact that the government just added you to their databases....

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStarMan
The thing is, it's NOT a fingerprint scanner. It's just that the finger makes a good object to do geometric scanning on.

I think everyone needs to relax! I don't think this thing is actually scanning your fingerprint either. It's just the shape.

The scanning is to make sure that a family doesn't buy one parkhopper pass and use it for their whole family. They used to give you a photo pass. Each and every person would give their pass to the person at the window. That person would check the date, photo, scan it and let you in. I think use the scanners now to save time.

I was at DisneyWorld just a few months ago and the scanners wern't even on the whole time. A lot of the times I would just put my pass in machine and walk through with no finger scan.

A bunch of times I put my finger in the thing and it didn't work. A Disney worker would just come over and press a little button and let me through. No one ever, ever, asked me for ID while I was there. (unless I was buying alcohol :lol

Believe me, the scanner freaked me out at first too. But then I figured it out.

Something that does still perplex about Disney is this: If you go to a park and you have any type of bag with you they make you go on a seperate line. Once there you have to open your bag and a security guy takes a quick glance and sends you on your way.

What the hell are they looking for in my bag that I couldn't have on myself???

I've concluded that they're not really looking for anything. The "bag-check" thing is a front to make people feel "safe".

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
of course the info is being shared! Also, it's amusing that the response by Disney mentions it's not as serious as a fingerprint, because it converts the print into a numerical value, based on unique identifiers... ummmmm that's actually better than a fingerprint. When they scan fingerprints, it does exactly that - matches based on unique identifiers, so essentially Disney is taking fingerprint scales to a higher level, pre-uniquely identified prints.

Disney (in FL) was actually contracted to a military architect, and the parks were built, based on military base blueprints. If anyone cares, I'll find out his name and post it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join