It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Close to Area 51 as You Will Ever Get

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Great minidocumentary showing how close you can get to area 51... No stupid X Files music like a lot of other peoples inferior videos.

uk.youtube.com...

Very interesting to watch! The fine dust on the road was very interesting... so they grade the sand down so it makes loads of dust when people drive over it so it's more visible?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wow that is a good video
makes me want to go out there
and figure out a way to get in undetected

Last time I was around the area I didn't have a chance to
check it out and it was also day time : (

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I agree, really interesting video. While there's usually some good stuff in the ones with the stupid X-Files music, it gets old and annoying. It was nice to just have a little mini-documentary detailing the trip up to the signs.

Maybe someday if I happen to be out that way, I'll check it all out for myself. But I live in Florida, so I'm about as far away as you can get.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
cant see what was so good about it, he just basically drived up the road to the sign then went, didnt give us anything we dont already know...

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
that was PATHETIC, the stuff we did 4 months ago was ALOT scarier than this chicken. OMG close as you can get is the title LOL. We were actually being chased throughout the desert AT NIGHT off road and almost got into an accident with the camo dudes. I at least got out at the sign and had my picture taken. It is scary however, but this video shows NOTHING new or significant

[edit on 9-7-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Here ya go...

Yes, they chased us out.

Quite fun.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This is the closest I ever got. This is where the old chain gate used to be before they put a real gate on the other side of the pass. Thats the old DC-6 they used before they got the B-737's.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Impressive, i swear there is no larger adrenaline and inspirational rush than driving down that lonely road. I drag race motorcycles it cannot compare to the excitment of the unkown.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Here ya go...

Yes, they chased us out.

Quite fun.

Regards,
Lex

i have a question if technically if area 51 does not exist then why would there be patrols there? also in another thread they mentioned that area 51 had been moved to another area. so does that mean it is abandoned? why haven't all the transients moved in?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's always seemed funny that they don't moire it out on google maps either.

Google Map

[edit on 22-7-2007 by Quasar]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
why dont they have those storm troopers? like i was watching reactor security and they have special teams that infiltrate reactors to test security. i'm sure any jerk with some mres, common sense and stuff could get closer than that?

do they have all that infared servailence?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
also it doesnt look that sophisticated? atleast cheyenna mountain has this like hello i'm a mountain look with a huge atomic blast shield thing going for it. area 51 looks like a run down air field. i have seen some stuff cooler on the scifi channel. but it looks like an air field.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Cool.....im a new member here and would like to plan a trip there in june or july of 2008. Any advice and recommendations` would be greatly appreciated!! Itll be me,wife and 2 kids most likely in our 4 whee drive tacoma and a tent!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yes, please bring cameras!!! All we do here is look for evidence, show us what you got.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
some say they can even smell you coming...
lol

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Oh............ I'll have cameras for sure! Since I have never been there before though, I need some advice as to where is the best spots for a tent and all that. I have searched abit online but it is very vague at best. I havent found a "groom lake vacation planner and guide"!!! lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Haahahaha these Area 51 conspiracies are so hilarious. My grandpa went to Area 51 because he builds prototype radar and other electronics equipment for the military. He tried to take me but he said they wouldn't authorize me because they would think I was a spy for North korea or something lol He said all Area 51 is is a place where they test out revolutionary aircraft designs, and that back in the 60's and 70's there were saucer shaped aircraft that they were testing out, but the program got scrapped because it was too unorthodox. He said he had built equipment for aircraft in Area 51 but he couldnt reveal what they looked like or their capabilities.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DominionOfGozer i'm sure any jerk with some mres, common sense and stuff could get closer than that?

do they have all that infared servailence?

They have a pretty extensive geophone network. I'm slightly to somewhat sure that they upgraded to include those neat little multistatic radar remote sensor nodes you use for tracking troop movements.

So, yes, they know where you are, exactly.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

So, yes, they know where you are, exactly.

Probably starting from your post on ATS and notching up when you turn left on 93 off of 15.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar
It's always seemed funny that they don't moire it out on google maps either.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by Quasar]

It should be obvious why they dont cover it up in the google maps... Theres nothing you can see on the picture and everyone already knows its there so why bother hiding it anymore?

And about the powder on the road... I believe its called "dust" as you are in the middle of a "desert".

[edit on 26/7/07 by Gonjo]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join