It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijack 'suspects' alive and well?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
BBC

Has this ever been cleared up? If not, than why? It would seem to be as near a smoking gun as one could get.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
WOW!

I've never heard of this before. That does raise some questions for our Government regarding the whole situastion.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Weisheit
BBC

Has this ever been cleared up? If not, than why? It would seem to be as near a smoking gun as one could get.

Old Story:

A five-year-old story from our archive has been the subject of some recent editorial discussion here. The story, written in the immediate aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, was about confusion at the time surrounding the names and identities of some of the hijackers. This confusion was widely reported and was also acknowledged by the FBI.

The story has been cited ever since by some as evidence that the 9/11 attacks were part of a US government conspiracy.

We later reported on the list of hijackers, thereby superseding the earlier report. In the intervening years we have also reported in detail on the investigation into the attacks, the 9/11 commission and its report.

We’ve carried the full report, executive summary and main findings and, as part of the recent fifth anniversary coverage, a detailed guide to what’s known about what happened on the day. But conspiracy theories have persisted. The confusion over names and identities we reported back in 2001 may have arisen because these were common Arabic and Islamic names.

In an effort to make this clearer, we have made one small change to the original story. Under the FBI picture of Waleed al Shehri we have added the words "A man called Waleed Al Shehri..." to make it as clear as possible that there was confusion over the identity. The rest of the story remains as it was in the archive as a record of the situation at the time.

We recently asked the FBI for a statement, and this is, as things stand, the closest thing we have to a definitive view: The FBI is confident that it has positively identified the nineteen hijackers responsible for the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Also, the 9/11 investigation was thoroughly reviewed by the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States and the House and Senate Joint Inquiry. Neither of these reviews ever raised the issue of doubt about the identity of the nineteen hijackers.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious

BBC

Old Story:

A five-year-old story from our archive has been the subject of some recent editorial discussion here. The story, written in the immediate aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, was about confusion at the time surrounding the names and identities of some of the hijackers. This confusion was widely reported and was also acknowledged by the FBI.

The story has been cited ever since by some as evidence that the 9/11 attacks were part of a US government conspiracy.

We later reported on the list of hijackers, thereby superseding the earlier report. In the intervening years we have also reported in detail on the investigation into the attacks, the 9/11 commission and its report.

We’ve carried the full report, executive summary and main findings and, as part of the recent fifth anniversary coverage, a detailed guide to what’s known about what happened on the day. But conspiracy theories have persisted. The confusion over names and identities we reported back in 2001 may have arisen because these were common Arabic and Islamic names.

In an effort to make this clearer, we have made one small change to the original story. Under the FBI picture of Waleed al Shehri we have added the words "A man called Waleed Al Shehri..." to make it as clear as possible that there was confusion over the identity. The rest of the story remains as it was in the archive as a record of the situation at the time.

We recently asked the FBI for a statement, and this is, as things stand, the closest thing we have to a definitive view: The FBI is confident that it has positively identified the nineteen hijackers responsible for the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Also, the 9/11 investigation was thoroughly reviewed by the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States and the House and Senate Joint Inquiry. Neither of these reviews ever raised the issue of doubt about the identity of the nineteen hijackers.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I'm very well aware that its old, but my question is was it ever cleared up?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeisheitI'm very well aware that its old, but my question is was it ever cleared up?

There was some speculation (don't remember the thread, but it's on ATS somewhere) that some of the hijackers had used stolen identities, iirc.

Sorry for the lack of data, I am working from my memory of it only.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
But still, you think that we would havew heard more about this in the news. Or at least an explination from the government regarding the identities of these people.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I'm very well aware that its old, but my question is was it ever cleared up?

The story i posted was an explination! Yes it was cleared up...

In part :

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Tracking the 19 Hijackers - What are they up to now?

Have fun...

I have known about this well after 9/11 that some were alive and well..

The question is... Why is it that they still have these faces all over the media still... after 7 yrs some odd months later..

Mistaken ID?? Then get the real ones.. if these guys were American they would have been sued to hell and back.. Further points that they have no clue what tf their lie is supposed to be...

Learn to lie or don't do it at all... 9/11 = INSIDE JOB end of story... prove to me it wasn't... without a shadow of a doubt in a court of law where nobody is on the take. Till then all I have to say when i see the news is LIE, LIE, LIE...

sorry little testy today.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Learn to lie or don't do it at all... 9/11 = INSIDE JOB end of story... prove to me it wasn't...

I want to see a video of an actual plane flying into the pentagon.

There are cameras all over Washington, DC and they can't prove that a plane hit the most secure building in Washington, DC. What's up with that?

If the 'hologram' theory had any ground to stand on it would be at the Pentagon. Show me a video of a plane flying into that building. It's not like it's going to be shocking, I watched the second plane hit the WTC live on TV.

This news article from the Washington Post raises some eyebrows about faked phone calls, Osama Bin Laden tapes and hologram capabilities.

Washington Post Article from Feb. 1, 1999.

Voice-morphing? Fake video? Holographic projection? They sound more like Mission Impossible and Star Trek gimmicks than weapons. Yet for each, there are corresponding and growing research efforts as the technologies improve and offensive information warfare expands.

"Once you can take any kind of information and reduce it into ones and zeros, you can do some pretty interesting things," says Daniel T. Kuehl, chairman of the Information Operations department of the National Defense University in Washington, the military's school for information warfare.

By taking just a 10-minute digital recording of Steiner's voice, scientist George Papcun is able, in near real time, to clone speech patterns and develop an accurate facsimile. Steiner was so impressed, he asked for a copy of the tape.

Pentagon planners started to discuss digital morphing after Iraq's invasion of Kuwait in 1990. Covert operators kicked around the idea of creating a computer-faked videotape of Saddam Hussein crying or showing other such manly weaknesses, or in some sexually compromising situation. The nascent plan was for the tapes to be flooded into Iraq and the Arab world.

According to a military physicist given the task of looking into the hologram idea, the feasibility had been established of projecting large, three-dimensional objects that appeared to float in the air.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious

Not quite cleared up.

www.trackingthethreat.com...
Date Modified: 06 Jun 2007

new topics

top topics

join