It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists simulate jet colliding with World Trade Center

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Purdue University has provided a computer simulation showing on how a plane could take down the Trade Towers. This was funded by the National Science Foundation to determine better ways to protect buildings if this event were to occur again.

Link

The original article from the Purdue website

WARNING:
You may have trouble loading this clip because it is linked on The Drudge Report which can get almost any website hammered.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by build319]

*Added embedded video

[edit on 21-6-2007 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here is the link to the You Tube video:

Purdue University Simulation

There may be a deafening silence to follow...

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thanks for adding that one. I cannot access YouTube very easily from my work.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There is a deathly silence because that doesnt show anything new or anything that anyone didnt already know!

It doesnt show how a plane could take down the towers it just shows a simulation of a plane crashing into the towers!

A simulation bieng guess work based on events of the day!

MR

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This is great!

Maybe these finding can sway my stance on the issue. I can't wait to see the results from the fire that contributed to the collapse. I wonder how long they will allow the fire to burn in the simulation to allow the collapse of the building. If it's within a couple hours of the actual time it took, this may well change my mind.

But, next they need to make the WTC7 collapse from debris damage and fire. And then simulate how the buildings in fron of WTC7 didn't collapse.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
the video has its own thread here...

it covers 3/4 of a second and shows an excellent simulation. it does not show in any way shape or form how the jetliner brought down the towers. it shows what a colision would look like for 3/4 of a second.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
the video has its own thread here...

it does not show in any way shape or form how the jetliner brought down the towers.

but it will - supposedly. well, what I mean to say is that they are going to try to make it simulate the collapse. honestly, I don't see how students at a university could prove any more than the official review could (if you remember they had trouble making it collapse). in the article it states that this is the first leg of the simulation. next is to cause the fires. I guess they're going to add a tolerance to each steel beam in the building and simulate the heat that occurs from jet fuel and see if they can't get a pancake collapse. i find this study very interesting being that I am a doubter of the official story.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
but it will - supposedly. well, what I mean to say is that they are going to try to make it simulate the collapse. honestly, I don't see how students at a university could prove any more than the official review could (if you remember they had trouble making it collapse).

If that's what they are doing, they are only showing a computer animation of it. Not a real computer simulation of the finite element analysis. If so, they wouldn't need to because NIST already has theirs. Too bad they couldn't get the towers to collapse without tweeking the variables to outrageous numbers.

in the article it states that this is the first leg of the simulation. next is to cause the fires. I guess they're going to add a tolerance to each steel beam in the building and simulate the heat that occurs from jet fuel and see if they can't get a pancake collapse. i find this study very interesting being that I am a doubter of the official story.

That's interesting. But, since they don't have structural drawings, they are wasting their time and only comming up with a computer animation , that's all.

NIST has the drawings but didn't get them to collapse. How do Purdue students think they would know more?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I guess that the NIST and FEMA reports are wrong when they stated the builidngs withstood the planes impacts ?

I also like how this animation shows the aluminum plane being shreded by the steel beams but in the Pentagon animated drawing they did the plane stays pretty well intact as it goes through the reinforced concrete wall and the inside collums and walls.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

That's interesting. But, since they don't have structural drawings, they are wasting their time and only comming up with a computer animation , that's all.

yep, the animation should not be construed as a forensic analysis
of videos that captured the events/evidence of that day.

if they really wanted to do something worthwhile
Purdue should have compiled the actual video evidence in a real time fashion.
so that a real analysis could be made of what appears in the video footage
and we all could debate things like,
the floor truss support anchors suddenly breaking free of the perimeter columns (outside walls)
was the cause for the sudden collapse of the top 10 stories identified as the tower section...

i think the Purdue team is/was just practicing for future work
@ Digital Magic Studios the film making outfit....
creating a Portfolio as it were !

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Bush almost got his money's worth...

INDIANAPOLIS — A computer simulation of the 2001 World Trade Center attacks supports a federal agency's findings that the initial impact from the hijacked airplanes stripped away crucial fireproofing material and that the weakened towers collapsed under their own weight.

The two-year Purdue University study, funded in part by the National Science Foundation

csd.tamu.edu...

President Bush Proposes to Double the National Science Foundation Budget

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Folks, this is a computer ANIMATION, not a computer ANALYSIS!
A computer analysis would require Finite Element Analysis - linear and non-linear (FEA), Computation Fluid Dynamic Analysis (CFD), Thermal Analysis, and structural Dynamic Analysis on a nodal level. This would require computing power far beyond anything available at the University level. Each and every material from the plane to the building itself would have to be replicated; density, tensile strength etc... The building would need to be replicated down to every nut, bolt and washer and the plane to every rivet and screw. Environmental conditions would also have to be replicated.

To date I am not aware of a single accurate and detailed computational analysis of the events of 9-11. I've sold Enginerring Software for almost 20 years and I know this stuff, intimately. This is a cute animation but nothing more - kinda like Shrek! Don't put any stock in this.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I would think this is governmental supportet: Disinfo.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
If that's what they are doing, they are only showing a computer animation of it. Not a real computer simulation of the finite element analysis. If so, they wouldn't need to because NIST already has theirs. Too bad they couldn't get the towers to collapse without tweeking the variables to outrageous numbers.

NIST has the drawings but didn't get them to collapse. How do Purdue students think they would know more?

Hey I'm with ya on this. Hope people aren't getting the wrong idea here since I'm looking forward to the findings. I'm actually hoping this disproves the official story.

Maybe I didn't understand the article correctly.

"This required a tremendous amount of detailed work," Hoffmann said. "We have finished the first part of the simulation showing what happened to the structure during the initial impact. In the coming months, we will explore how the structure reacted to the extreme heat from the blaze that led to the building's collapse, and we will refine the visual presentations of the simulation."

I took this to mean that they were conducting a scientific study using the actual physical dynamics of the structure/impact/heat/etc. and not just producing an animation of the basic collapse.

If it's just an animation of the collapse why not just call up Peter Jackson because it's all just BS that's been done. Maybe PJ could add some decent symphonics and actors, as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Please remember that the purpose of the study was to determine a way to prevent this type of collapse from happening in the future. So they may be going about the analysis in a different way than you expect.

Just a thought, I do not know much about the scientific research methods used in studies like this.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
please note that a computer generated cartoon is still a cartoon (anime?) and therefore carries no weight in an investigation, does it?

it's been said before, i know, sometimes the blunt approach works best.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
According to this "simulation", the central steel columns were made of paper, not steel.

How about an animation showing how squibs can shoot out of the tower, dozens of floors below the pancake area, during a "collapse". Or how about a simulation showing how a collapsa can generate enough horizontal force to shoot steel beams like bullets into neighbouring buildings.

What I'd really like to see is an animation showing how it really happened

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
These are the students and school that I admire.
FOX40 News At 10 - 9/11 inside job & controlled demolition

this is a clip from a broadcast aired on FOX40 news, they focus
on Loose Change in particular

My post:

teslaandlyne (1 hour ago) Marked as spam
Thanks to those students and school, they have my courage and anti ignorance
award. The entire floor explodes to start the sequential explosions.

[edit on 6/20/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This shows absolutely nothing. it's just a simulation, it doesn't even show why the towers collapsed. it's all theory and a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yet again, a study done which fits a predetermined hypothesis..

Fireproofing or not, it makes absolutely no difference. It is simple physics that jet fuel can not burn hot enough to melt or weaken steel. Combine that with the sheer size of the core columns, and the number of them, aswell as the conduction of heat away from zone of heating.. and you have yourself a bogus simulation.

That is all irrelevant anyway once you come to realise the simple truth that no planes hit the towers..

Aluminium planes can slice through steel box columns like butter.. Jet fuel fires can weaken high grade steel.. A pancake collapse can pulverize 99% of the building into micron fine powder.. And still have enough energy left over to keep steel molten in the basement of the WTC for 100 days..

Hurray for cartoon physics!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join