It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunguska.......Alien Warning???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Isn't it puzzling that damn near a century later, scientists can't really explain what destroyed Tunguska. They keep saying it was an NEO, but unfortuately there is no physical evidence. The history channel is reporting that it was 1000 times more powerful than the Hiroshima Bomb and that it was Nuclear. Scary thing is, this explosion happened 40 years prior to the invention of the Bomb. Has Anyone done any research or know anymore on this.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
the government lies to us all the time

i dont know wat yor talking about but it was probly a lie

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I just watched the History Channel and they were showing The Universe and part of it was about Tunguska, they said they have found evidence it was an asteroid, such as high concentrations of Iridium, Titanium, Nickel, etc near the site of the blast. Seriously though, if it HAD been an H-bomb, don't you think it would have been used during WW1?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I dont believe it was a man made bomb, but I dont ever recall a meteor or asteroid of such magnitude exploding before impact. I watched the whole episode on history, and they didnt seem to explain that either. i agree with you though, it may very well have been an asteroid, the simplest answer is usually the correct one. I have done alot of research and I still cant find anything where this type of explosion has happened before. Even the comet that hit Jupiter in 1994 still made impact and Jupiter's atmosphere is Much denser that Earth's.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I became interested in this event when I was reading about Nicola Tesla. Some people believe that one of his energy transfer experiments was responsible for the blast.

I tend to go with mainstream science, which suggests that a meteor or a fragment of a comet exploded just above the surface of the Earth (so there would be no crater). The force of the energy output from this event equaled 1,000 Little Boy (Hiroshima) bombs, but that is also equal to one Castle Bravo, which is the most powerful U.S.-developed nuclear bomb.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The comet that hit Jupiter was ENORMOUSLY bigger than the one that caused the Tunguska Event. The largest fragment of Shoemaker-Levy was approximately 2km across, compared to the 20m of the one that exploded over Siberia. As to why you haven't heard about anything similar is because most of the comets, asteroids, etc, explode a few hundred kilometers up and aren't noticed. Why they explode, I don't know, and google didn't provide me with an answer.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It has been suggested that somehow a tine amount of anti matter was created - and annalynated on contact with the atmosphere.

Not sure how plausable that is, but it would explain the energy release.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I've always been interested in this event. I think the most interesting explanation of the Tunguska event was that Nikolai Tesla threw the switch on his Wardenclyffe Tower. The circumstantial evidence is very strong imho.

As for it being a 'warning' from aliens, I severely doubt that. If aliens wanted to warn us, let alone make their presence known, they would be more direct.

[edit on 19-6-2007 by freakyty]

KTK

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
i like to blame tesla, just for the fact that it sounds cooler than any other theory.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Its was either Tesla creating this, or it was a fragment of space debry that created an arc with the ground just before it would impact, annilhalting it;

www.thunderbolts.info...

The electric universe idea fits into this piece of the puzzle quite nicely, considering this;

"In the electric model of comets, the energy released when a comet fragment encounters the Earth is not limited by the mass and kinetic energy of the fragment, but includes the electrical energy due to the charge differential between it and the Earth. This stored electrical energy also accounts for the “astonishing” explosion that occurred when the Deep Impact probe met up with Comet Tempel 1."

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Is it possible that the large meteorite broke up into two pieces and then just before impact hit together causing an explosion, thus creating much destruction, but no crater?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Some may not know of the event in question, I didn't know about it until watching the same show last night.

Here's the scoop:

The Tunguska event, sometimes referred to as the Tunguska explosion, was a massive explosion that occurred near the Podkamennaya (Under Rock) Tunguska River in what is now Krasnoyarsk Krai of Russia, between 7:00 and 8:00 AM on June 30, 1908.

At around 7:15 a.m., Tungus natives and Russian settlers in the hills northwest of Lake Baikal observed a column of bluish light, nearly as bright as the Sun, moving across the sky. About 10 minutes later, there was a flash and a loud "knocking" sound similar to artillery fire that went in short bursts spaced increasingly wider apart. Eyewitnesses closer to the explosion reported the sound source moving during each barrage, east to north. The sounds were accompanied by a shock wave that knocked people off their feet and broke windows hundreds of miles away. The majority of eyewitnesses reported only the sounds and the tremors, and not the sighting of the explosion; to different eyewitnesses the sequence of events and their overall duration is also different.

The explosion registered on seismic stations across Eurasia, measuring 5.0 on the Richter scale in some areas, and produced fluctuations in atmospheric pressure strong enough to be detected by the recently invented barographs in Britain. Over the next few weeks, night skies were aglow such that one could read in their light, sometimes called "bright nights." In the United States, the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory and the Mount Wilson Observatory observed a decrease in atmospheric transparency that lasted for several months.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I've known about this for about 15 years as I saw it on one of those shows that give out a 15 minute segment on mysteries. I found it most interesting that it hit where no one lived and that there was no crater. If this was some sort of an experiment as some here have suggested then someone did their research on where to aim the destruction.

I tend to think it was a meteor and just luck that it hit where no one lived.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It's got to be remembered that the majority of the earth's surface is uninhabited - mostly ocean, obviously - so it's not necessarily "lucky" that the incident did not affect human civilization directly - it's just the balance of probability being, er, balanced.

LW

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thats what I thought too Loneweasel.It seems strange that this happened in a very remote part of the world.I mean it may have been just chance,but the Tesla theory is plausible.(imho)

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
TUNGUSKA & THE ANCIENT MYSTERY INSTALLATION IN SIBERIA

www.nexusmagazine.com...

the story is in five parts, but they don't link to each other, so i thought it best to just post a link to the main page. it's a little way down on the right side of the page.

i thought it was always an interesting twist on the story. believable? i dunno, but it's a rather good read.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The Tunguska incident has always interested my curiousity. Though a lot of articles have claimed through tests and experiments that it was a asteroid / comet that impacted the site.

This was mainly due to Ground Zero does have a impact crater, and as one poster stated, they found common elements that support this theory.

But, if your like myself and enjoy HP Lovecraft, we can still write it off that a bunch of mad cultist summoned Azathoth, and the opening of his eye caused the explosion.

The Call of Cthulhu RPG explains this and similar phenomena as the result of Outer Gods like Azathoth entering the Earth's reality

From Wikipedia

[edit on 20-6-2007 by tshrub]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I thought Azathoth doesn't have eyes?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
What's so difficult to accept about a comet fragment (or fragile asteroid) exploding before it hits the ground ? The aerodynamic forces exerted on objects of this type are enormous. Only the tough ones from this size range (20-50 metres; stony or metallic) make it all the way down to the surface.

The fact that it collided with our planet at the end of June seems to indicate that it was a member of the Taurid Complex. This is a huge stream of debris that appears to be related to 2P/Encke (a short period comet that has the smallest orbit of all objects in its class; 3.3 years). Earth passes through part of this debris stream at the end of June each year.

[edit on 21-6-2007 by Mogget]

top topics

join