It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane impact caused street light to fail for a second?!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
an EMP would have taken out the camera as well as the light. EMP doesn't discriminate as to what it's going to effect.

That's not what sony and Stephen Spielberg will have you believe in WOTW

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
www.youtube.com...

Watch the shop to the left/behind the man. All the lighting on this shop turns off for a split second, then comes back on. Now im a little nervous, because im not sure what to make of this. Can a jetfuel fireball cause an EMP to affect street lighting some distance away, or any explosion for that matter??

Now my question is, what is causing the street lighting to fail for a split second????

No more questions on no-planes. I have stated my view. U2U me if you want answers if you really care about it that much..

Maybe it has something to do with the flash of light on the buildings right before the planes actually made contact with it. This happened on both buildings.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm new to this posting thing. I usually just read the posts but I felt compelled to actually respond to this one. (So if I broke anykind of rules or protcol I'm available for flogging between the hours of 8-10pm eastern time
)

On a more serious note I was an eyewitness. My brother was an eyewitness. Let me recap the events of that day.

-On the way to work theres smoke coming out of the first tower hit. Now mind you I'm on the other side of the Hudson with a clear view. Thoughts at the time "Hmm there must be a fire in the building."

-Seconds later my brother states " Hey isn't that plane flying kind of low. It looks like it's going to hit..." Then bang; smoke, fire the whole bit.

Cars screeched to a hault, people got out of their cars in amazement. This was on a busy highway type of road mind you. So as far as planes hitting them yeah I think they did.

To answer your question as to why the light would blink I suggest these alternatives. The towers have electricity running through, they blow and cause a surge that blinks the power in the area for a second. And large impacts can cause the lights to literally go out.

What people forget is that Manhattan especially where the towers are is built on garbage, mud-sand like stuff that initially wasn't there. Who knows how that impacts whatever went on there. Wiring underneath all the way down to how energy travels through it perhaps resulting in the collateral damage of the other buildings going down. There was almost severe flooding when the towers went down and things would have been ten times worse. Fortunately the foundations held and were quickly repaired. The history channel actually did a good bit on it with their series "Underground Cities." Thats my nickel. Take care everyone.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The lights cutting out seems to happen at the precise time of impact,wouldn't there be a delay if caused by vibrations from this?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is a video of the flash of light before the planes impacts with the buildings.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The flash is most likely a static discharge into the building. The plane built up a charge, and when it got near the building, which is a giant conductor, it discharged into the building.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If that flash is indeed prior (a fraction of a second) to impact, this would be explained by static electricity. It has been explained in the past. Fuel trucks for aircraft have special equipment to keep from allowing a static charge ignite their crafts, trucks, etc.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'll leave out my opinion of the whole "there were no planes" crap (oops), and stick to the original question of how planes impacting the towers could cause a flicker in the lights a few blocks away.

Almost *any* major disruption of power distribution will cause at least a momentary flicker in the area. One drunk driver hitting one power line support pole can make the lights flicker for *miles* in rural areas. A single transformer failure can blink the lights across an entire small town (12,500 or so population). I've seen both of those things happen firsthand...so it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that a non-nuclear event (whether it was aircraft impact or controlled demolition) of the magnitude that we saw on 9/11 (or DID we see it? It was all only on TV for most of us...so, did the WTC towers really come down? Did they exist in the first place?) could cause the lights to flicker across most of Manhattan.

As for the 'flicker' in cellular telephone and radio service, no nukes required there, either. There were major relays for both cellular and radio on the roof. Loss of a major relay will cause (at the least) a minor drop while the network reroutes itself.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The flash is probably the most simple explanation.. it was caused by an explosion at the WTC wall itself, as stated by the POD theory, but which states a missile did it, rather than just planted explosives.

Also, if you consider the no-plane idea, the explosion due to cutter charges is the only explanation for this anomally.

Can we please get back to talking about the original lighting glitch, PLEASE.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
To add more to the static electricity:

www.aerospaceweb.org...

www.springcompany.com...

This sites explain the static electricity that surrounds airplanes.

Hope it helps.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
To get back to the lighting glitch, I think that's already been resolved.

You have a building having an explosion within it, with power lines within it being severed and probably surging outwards. You have the ground tremors from the event rattling everything, and you probably had a minor power loss briefly in that area before the power was automatically rerouted.

I'd say case closed.

Move along.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I did my best to help you out on the light blinking, it coincided with the timing of the flash of light before the plane hit. But a static discharge is a good possibility, I wish there was another decent example to compare it to. Both the flashes of light from both planes were identical, and I have said I'll go along with GPS guided planes hitting a specific point of impact: i.e. the coincidental $20 bill image.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have an idea everyone. How about we all agree on the same basic theory but argue endlessly about things that don't really matter? Who knows maybe we can waste enough time doing that to let everybody involved just pass away from old age.

As for the original question.... I would have to agree that it is a power surge.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Okay nano EMP...

Micro E-Bomb made of 6 lady fingers and a M-80 powered by 2 watch batteries. Location less than on meter from the ballast.

Might have just been an old ballast or bulb. The one in the hall on the second floor of the apartment building I live in flickered like for a week before they fixed it.

Too bad the cameraman was too busy to tracking the shot for later CGI work for ILM's greatest competition instead of solving the mystery of the flickering fluorescent light fixture that is who knows how old.

Back to my previous post, assuming of course that all agencies continously set their clock to the US Navial Observatory Clock, NIST, GPS Clock or another atomic clock and the NYPD accurately recorded the precise instant that the planes hit and and officers called in exactly when it happened. Oh and that travel time was acurately calculated and reported by USGS of the vibrations picked up by their monitor allowing for the different mediums of air, building, earth asphalt and concrete. That is a whole lot of factors there. Biggest one being the lag between watching and then regaining composure to check the time.

Then again, if the official noted time is whatever the news said it was then we can forget about atomic clocks altogther as news stations are never right about what time it is because they do not keep acurate time. NYPD might be suspect as I know the local and county police departments here do not keep acurate time as I used to set all the wall clocks in the hospital and had an officer double check my watch with dispatch when we argued what time it was one year as I was setting the clocks. We went to www.time.gov... to settle it.

[edit on 19-6-2007 by Ahabstar]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The flash is most likely a static discharge into the building. The plane built up a charge, and when it got near the building, which is a giant conductor, it discharged into the building.

Static discharge? Is that your answer to everything? ha ha.

I''m kidding, I'm kidding :0

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Dear Shrunkensimon:

It seems you got your hands full defending your position about ‘no planes’ at the WTC’s. Stand your ground — your views are likely to be exactly what happened. But the flickering of the lighting was in all probability caused by voltage drop (due to wiring/devices shorting out at the towers perhaps) and nothing else. EMP wouldn’t cause that. Besides, EMP effects are permanent, not temporary. Anyways, the nukes were detonated much later than the simulated ‘plane impacts’.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Wizard_In_The_Woods
&
shrunkensimon

Gary Welz, who lived in New York at the time 9/11 happened. Is now a 9/11 truth activist. He is a teacher as well.

He saw the PLANE that day fly right over his head. You mean to tell me he is part of this vast most largest conspiracy of all time that there WAS NO PLANES?

www.911podcasts.com...

You can watch his interview on the above, which is actually a hit piece against the Truth movement but he is there giving his testimony to that day.

Then watch this "SHAKY" camera film the second plane go in with multiple witnesses talking in the backgroud.
video.google.com...

I am sorry, but CGI on that would be very difficult to do. I don't want to derail this but seriously, for there to be no plane too many people would have to be 'in on it'.

Then this video is the most disturbing, especially with the peoples reactions it is really SAD to see people deny this, and I feel compelled to post this piece of film.

These are not actors, anyone can tell when someone is acting. This is raw emotion on a very dark day. They see the plane, and if you believe they are acting then you must believe that the MILITARY hired CGI experts, News crews from all over the world and ACTORS.

Disturbing reactions-
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-6-2007 by talisman]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If it was an EMP bomb the lights would go out for a lot more than a millisecond IMO

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_In_The_Woods
But the flickering of the lighting was in all probability caused by voltage drop (due to wiring/devices shorting out at the towers perhaps) and nothing else. EMP wouldn’t cause that. Besides, EMP effects are permanent, not temporary. Anyways, the nukes were detonated much later than the simulated ‘plane impacts’.

Aye, thats what i thought. I wasn't thinking it was a mininuke that caused this glitch, but was just wandering whether conventional explosives could possibly cause it.. or if there is another explanation, like another explosion going off in the WTC as bsray11 suggested (would fit Rodriquez statement).

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Information from the 911 outage

The link
Date_Time: 9/11/2001 08:48:00 EDT
Year: 2001
Associated Utilities: New York ISO
Cause Category: Sabotage
Cause: Terrorist Act
Customers Lost: 12000
Event Description:
Terrorist attacked both World Trade Center towers, and demand began to decrease. At 09:52 hour, the Trade Center network was lost, representing nine customers and about 50 to 60 MW of demand. At 1651 EDT, two networks were removed from service by Consolidated Edison Company due to the threat of collapse of World Trade Center Building Seven, situated directly above the two Trade Center stations feeding these networks. A total of 9,752 customers, or 67 MW of demand, was removed from service. At 1721, World Trade Center Building Seven collapsed and destroyed both of the World Trade Center stations. Two feeders supplying a third network also were damaged, resulting in the decrease of another 64 MW of demand (2,252 customers)

Near immediate drop in load and the need to remove generation from the grid. I suppose it still does not remove the possibilty of problems caused by short circuits. I would be interesting to know it their times are from logs of activity of the grid or the generally accept times of the 911 events.

Ed: tried fixed line breaks

[edit on 6/20/2007 by roadgravel]

[edit on 6/20/2007 by roadgravel]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join