It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kissinger to head the 9-11 investigation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A pretty solid summary of our new 9|11 investigator:
www.zpub.com...

Also, for further education, you might like:
The Trial of Henry Kissinger
eserver.org...

[Edited on 3-12-2002 by William]

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 01:00 PM
link   
here's an interesting article:
www.newsmax.com...

Discusses why 'HAK' may have been chosen for this job.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 12:22 AM
link   
A useful link, Bob, I think; but better on why Kissinger wants the job than on why the administration "wants" Kissinger "for" the job.
that is still something of a mystery -especially as GWB has made it clear that the scope of the "commission" will not be the causes etc. of 9-11 but some sort of general appraisal of terrorist methods and capabilities. One has only to think of the utter rot Kissinger turned out first-time round on the Contras, Irangate etc saga to realise that he is an ideal candidate for a lengthy obfuscating unclear document that will -like Kissinger himself -gush banal generalities as if they were statesmanlike insights.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Of course, it could be a dark act of belated revenge -whatever the report says it will be a farce so why not put all the blame on Kissinger?

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 04:20 AM
link   
And just to add to the party atmosphere and the "reunion" ambiance -they've just appointed the appalling Elliott Abrams to the "commission" -arch-liar, convicted over the Contra's scandal and pardoned by GB1. And, obviously, therefore, currently heading the NSC's office for democracy, human rights and international operations. ( Made for the job, I'd say)

Ollie will be there soon.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 08:51 AM
link   
What is it with this guy & felons? What happened to the Independent Investigation?

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Let's get Ken Starr!!

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 10:06 AM
link   
..that all seems as if it were a million years ago! Bills & Hills, Paula and Monica, Grand Jury leaks, po-faced media hacks discussing what is and isn't hanky-panky!
You're absolutely right, of course: given that Benedict Arnold is no longer available, the dear old Solicitor General would be just the man for the job.
What's happened to the sanctimonious old fraud? Does he haunt US chat shows, or what? Last I heard of him he was spouting away for some dubious group of would-be Cossacks called the Foundation for Freedom (or something similar)

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Regarding Henry Kissinger
A panel discussion on the making of a War Criminal

www.harpers.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Check this out:
www.mnftiu.cc...

My favorite:

I'm sure he's (kissinger) already drafted his final report: "over the past few years, there has been an unfortunate lapse in the number of innocent people being slaughtered as a direct result of my foreign policy initiatives! Can we please get back on track?

posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Kissinger stepped down! So did Mitchell.

Vurry inneresting...

Maybe these seats are hotter than they thought.

Keep your eyes open.

Tide is turning.

Could an honest investigation possibly ensue?

posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I fear an "honest investigation" would be a trifle high for any wish-list: even at Christmas. My reading of the whole sorry saga was, in any case, that the "commission" was not intended to "investigate" anything.
It's interesting to see that, in essence, money or business were the reasons given. Three cheers for patriotism.

posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I guess I missed that Kissinger had stepped down.Does anyone know why??

Here's the latest update on the panel.

www.washingtonpost.com...

President Bush named former New Jersey Gov. Thomas Kean, a moderate Republican with a record of bipartisan cooperation, to replace Henry Kissinger as head of the panel investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 04:02 AM
link   
the party-line, JB is client-confidentiality and Kissinger's business interests!
Now who could have guessed that that would have become an issue.
The words "Fabian" and "tactics" spring to mind: so does "cunctatory" -come to think of it.
More time bought, if nothing else.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join