It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly a million UK children on DNA database

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
pressesc.com...

British authorities have stored details of almost a million children in the national DNA database, including those of children under 10, the opposition Liberal Democrats have discovered.

The National DNA database (NDNAD) included DNA records of 883,888 people aged between 10 and 17 and 108 records of children under 10.

"The Government’s onward march towards a surveillance state has now become a headlong rush," Nick Clegg said. "As an increasing number of very young children well under the age of criminal responsibility appear on the database it is clear the Government sees no limits to its invasion of our privacy."

Eight percent of all British people, including those who have never been charged or covicted of an offense, have their data stored on the database by the Police.

This doesn't look good. Do you think this could be going on in America as well? It seems to me they are treating all citizens like criminals these days, any thoughts?

mod edit: changed quote tags to external quote tags

Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 17-6-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
www.iht.com...

This article is about US criminals and illegals getting put into dna databases.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Wow is this just old news or something? No one has ANY comments on this???

Here is a pdf document from the parlimentary office of science and technology......
www.parliament.uk...

I for one would never allow my child to be entered into this database.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I thought this one interesting. Here something you might want to know about the U.S.:

Somewhere (not saying where) is a long row of metal file cabneis. All Have information of every single citizen on record. Tere is also a section for alien abductees, human testing, smallpox and disease holders of the past, goverment officials, and phone records of normal American people.

Sounds like the X-Files? Think again.

top topics

join