It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Offenders "Drug Therapy"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
News today yet again paints sex offenders as "victims" and suggests that drug therapy could be used to help dampen the libido of those guilty of sex crimes.

news.bbc.co.uk...

In sensationalising this news, the topic of knowledge of sex offenders has been raised again - or "Megans law" (Sarahs law in the UK) if you prefer.
news.bbc.co.uk...

I think that it's pretty well known in the UK that this will never become law, and is simply a carrot to help the government appear to be doing something.

I'm also a bit tired of hearing about sex offenders and how hard done by they are - so let me be clear - I believe that a sex offender chooses to commit their crimes.
Sexual urges that they choose to follow, knowing they are abhorrent to the rest of society.
I believe that it's time to stop mollycoddling sex offenders and treat them as what they really are - perverts who commit sex crimes for their sexual gratification.

[edit on 13/6/2007 by budski]

[edit on 13/6/2007 by budski]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Very interesting topic and one I'm sure will have some good debate,

I have been hearing alot about this on the news the past few days, And there been alot of mixed views,
I do agree with something being done, But i also see where you are coming from. There is a kinda *Victim* label being placed on them in some instances,

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Very interesting topic and one I'm sure will have some good debate,

I have been hearing alot about this on the news the past few days, And there been alot of mixed views,
I do agree with something being done, But i also see where you are coming from. There is a kinda *Victim* label being placed on them in some instances,

I agree,
a perp shouldn't be labelled a victim - if he is victimised, it's as a consequence of his own actions

Can't do the time - don't do the crime

new topics

join