It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Mysteries alters Rick Siegel's original WTC footage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Google Video Link

This is highly disturbing.

Rick Siegel of 9/11 Eyewitness pointed out back in Jan '07 that Sophie from 9/11 Mysteries had altered the audio on Rick's original WTC footage.

Rick clearly shows in the video above how 9/11 Mysteries altered the audio on his original footage by editing in explosions, sirens, and a police call operator. The helicopter flying from the right to left seems to be temporarily obscured also.

More about this at: 911researchers.com

[edit on 10-6-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The audio is definitely altered as Siegel says and that's a no, no, with an important document like his, but having said that I still hear a series of percussive rumbles on his unaltered audio. His own contention is that these rumbles are explosions and he quotes the audio track graphic representation in support of that. I see what you mean about the altered soundtrack but I don't think you mean to say that there are no explosions on Siegel's original soundtrack, do you?

[edit on 11-6-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm missing the significance of this. What is the grave skewing of truth committed by 911 Mysteries? It comes off as a rather desperate attempt to bebunk the video if this is the worst sin committed. Am I missing something?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'm really sad to say that I'm with you Yuefo. This looks like mischief to me. The effect of the alteration in the audio referred to by the original poster is troubling to me in that the Siegel video really shouldn't be tamered with, but the alteration doesn't really work against the point that the Siegel video was trying to make. The alteration might have had a totally different purpose in the context of the 911 mysteries film. It might simply have been an audio overlay done for a dramatic reason in their presentation.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I knew the first time I seen that video that it was fake.I alway's found it strange the countless other videos that were filmed alot closer then "Mysteries" didn't have the explosions or the audio quality that "Mysteries" had. It never fooled me.That was filmed over a mile away and the audio sounds like it's 100 yards away.Sad and pathetic to be honest.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Samblak]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by killtown

[edit on 10-6-2007 by Byrd]

Just curious about something.

Why is it a post by Killtown shows it was edited by "Byrd"? Does this mean it was edited by a moderator? I'm not sure I ever recall seeing this before.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nick7261
Why is it a post by Killtown shows it was edited by "Byrd"? Does this mean it was edited by a moderator? I'm not sure I ever recall seeing this before.

I've seen it before. It's usually when someone posts too long of a quote or something like that.

About the OP. Who are we accussing of wrong doing here? 9/11 eyewitness or 9/11 mysteries? Also, what's all this in-fighting of the truth movement lately?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This (meaning Siegel vs. 911Mysteries) has all the earmarks of some kind of embarassing family fight that you sometimes have to sit through when visiting friends. Refocus folks, we've got bigger fish to fry!

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit I see what you mean about the altered soundtrack but I don't think you mean to say that there are no explosions on Siegel's original soundtrack, do you?

I'm just pointing out Sofia fabricated sounds of explosions, sirens, and police call operator over Rick's video.

The question is why did she do that?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Do they support the idea of explosions either before or during the WTC collapse?

If not, that would be why I'd guess. If that isn't why, then it was probably for dramatic effect (not that the original wasn't dramatic enough).

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
Do they support the idea of explosions either before or during the WTC collapse?

If not, that would be why I'd guess. If that isn't why, then it was probably for dramatic effect (not that the original wasn't dramatic enough).

Faking audio for "dramatic effect" on a 9/11 "truth" video is NOT being for the truth.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Im confused about this.

Why would they even attempt this? They have to be smart enough to know people would figure it out.
Makes no sense because im sure they are inteligent enough to know about hoaxing. Isnt that there business?

And what is up with that helicopter stunt, that really makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Sophia seems to be deceiving us. She needs to be called out on it.

Here's her only excuse for her audio fabricating:

Regarding the "distortions" or the many things I have allegedly "done wrong" with Rick Siegel's video footage, of no small significance was the fact that the "911 Eyewitness" video was very difficult to work with.

Sofia

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Killtown, in your presentation you say "Here is Richard Siegel's original clip No explosions, no police call radio in the backround, no sirens." This appears at 00:30 of the video you posted.

I'm not disputing the fact that another soundtrack has been substituted for this segment from Siegel's original film, but I can hear the explosions on his original soundtrack. If she is misrepresenting his soundtrack, so are you, in your written presentation accompanying the posted video.

You seem to be so eager to slag her that you are willing to misrepresent your own presentation in its written portion. Anyone with good ears or a volume control on their computer can hear the explosions on Siegel's soundtrack. That is the whole point of his video.

What is going on? A casual viewer of your vidclip on the web could conclude, unless they were being careful, that Siegel's whole video is a crock. What the 911Mysteries lady did is objectionable but minor and doesn't deserve major criticism. What you are doing is muddying the waters and potentially sowing a lot of confusion. Dude I'm not dissing you, but find a higher percentage target and be accurate.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I never said Rick's didn't have explosion noises, but Sofia put in ADDITIONAL explosions. How can that be condoned?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Let's put it to a vote. Everybody should watch the video you posted and see if at 00:30 a blue screen printed segment appears saying, "Here is Richard Siegel's original clip No explosions . . ." Man I'm laughing as I type this. I'm not a parent but I'm getting a tremendous insight into what parents go through.

Rewatch your own clip and talk to your friends about it. Maybe they can help you.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Let's put it to a vote. Everybody should watch the video you posted and see if at 00:30 a blue screen printed segment appears saying, "Here is Richard Siegel's original clip No explosions . . ." Man I'm laughing as I type this. I'm not a parent but I'm getting a tremendous insight into what parents go through.

Rewatch your own clip and talk to your friends about it. Maybe they can help you.

Who do you think made this clip?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I followed some of the links and read the article where Rick Siegel gives his explanation of what he is trying to do. Apparently he made the clip. If he did, and if he were on this forum I would address my comments to him and direct him to go to the written comment at 00:30 of his clip.

Is he (and are you, since you posted the clip here) saying that those percussive rumbling sounds as the building tumbles are just falling I-beams and that the softer sound of explosions causing the beams to fall cannot be heard at that point, but only noticed later when you get the audio track into the editing booth?

I can understand why Siegel would hit the roof at the tampering with his audio track, but I can't see going to war over it, particularly since the focus of the two films is so different. Most reasonable people accept the Siegel video as one of the most important documents of 911, the kind of evidence that could be taken to court. Most reasonable people also think of 911Mysteries as a popular overview of different aspects of the 911 event designed to cover a lot of ground for people who don't have time to look at a lot of things in depth.

Anybody who disseminates the vidclip posted at the beginning of this thread is not helping the cause of 911 truth. I stand by what I wrote in the previous posts, but I do apologize if I mistakenly loaded the blame for it all on you, killtown. Bottom line Mr.Siegel. go to 00:30 and read what it says. Is every word true? Answer: NO!

[edit on 12-6-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sofia is DECEIVING everybody who watches her film. it's supposed to be a "truth" film. How credible is the movement going to look when the movement doesn't come out against this kind of deception? It's hypocrisy and the skeptics will effectively use it against us.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Check out this video that debunk's 911-Mysteries, actually it rip's apart 911-Mysteries.

video.google.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join