It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Green Room???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I was reading something up on General Curtis LeMay, who built the Strategic Air Command during the earily days of of the Cold War. There was a quotation in it where he was talking to Barry Goldwater. Senertor Goldwater asked something about a Green Room at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. According to the artical, this is supposed to be a secret storage room for stuff related to UFO's. Here's the quote from Wikipeadia:

"I used to receive a hundred calls a year from people who wanted me to get into the Green Room at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, because that's where the Air Force stored all the material gathered on UFOs. I once asked Curtis LeMay if I could get in that room, and he just gave me holy hell. He said, 'Not only can't you get into it but don't you ever mention it to me again.'" Barry Goldwater, quoted in The New Yorker, April 25, 1988, p. 70

Wikiquote- Curtis LeMay

Now I'm not a UFO type, but secret bases and secret facilities intrest me. Has anyone heard of the Green Room before?

Tim

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Tim,
No mention of the "Green Room", but this Link is interesting.

That's from Here. Not sure if you've seen that site, although it's kind of old.

I'll keep looking.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ok, also found This.

It says "Blue Room". So, it kind of deepens the mystery.

Did Goldwater ask for the green room, or the blue room ?

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I believe either wikipedia or the original New Yorker article misquoted him.

I've always heard it referred to as the "blue room".

Goldwater's letter to Lee Graham dated 19 October 1981 calls it the blue room.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Ahh,

So it's the "Blue Room" ! Thanks for that intresting tidbit. When I origionally found this thing, I was doing some personal research on General Curtis LeMay. I wasn't looking for secret rooms at Wright-Patterson. Either way, the existance of this "Mystery Room" proves that something is indeed hidden at that base!

Tim

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There seem to be a lot of "Blue Rooms" at various facilities, and with a variety of purposes.

I once gave a presentation in the Blue Room at Edwards Air Force Base. It is a secure facility in the Air Force Flight Test Center headquarters building where they hold the Center Staff Meeting and other similar events.

Building 299, the TESC (Test Engineering Support Center???), at Groom Lake has two Blue Rooms (Blue 01 and Blue 02) and a White Room (Current Operations Center).

Two of the mission control rooms at NASA Dryden Flight research Center are known as the Blue Room and the Gold Room.

I vaguely recall hearing about a crypto vault somewhere that was called the Blue Room, but I can't recall the details.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Shadowhawk,

Should I take from your post that the term "Blue Room" might be a cryptic refrence to a secure facility of some kind? The fact that you mention a lot of them exist seems to imply that the term refers to a paticular type of room rather than a spacific room.

Tim

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It isn't always the same type of room. It does seem, more often than not, that it refers to a secure vault. It may even be used generically, in some cases, like the term: "Behind the green door."

top topics

join