It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a piece a sh*t, walk away.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
"I remember listening to a tape of the late Bill Hicks, the American comedian. He was talking about a film called Basic Instinct. His summary of the film: "Piece a #". However, great debate ensued about the picture. Was it too this or too that ?

Much of this "debate" was hyped to promote the movie and Bill Hicks offered the following advice:

It's a piece a #, walk away.

If humanity did that more often, it would not waste its energy day after day on irrelevant debate and argument ...

People are offended by different things because they are 'programmed' by different 'hassle-free-zones (a religion, a political "ism", what we were told was "right" and "wrong" by our parents). What offends one person won't offend another because they will have been conditioned to be offended by different things. Tell a Christian that Jesus is an asshole and they will be mortally offended. A Muslim will not. Tell the Muslim that Mohammed was an asshole and he'll be offended, but not the Christian. Its all in the mind.

There are, however, some universal taboos which seem to offend vast numbers of people of all beliefs because society as a whole has decided that we should be offended by them. So we are. We do as we told by fully paid up robots. There may be some people reading this book who have been offended by my use of the word '#'. If you have, it might be worth asking yourself why you are offended. # is mererly the one syllable sound which as been accepted to mean a substance we all produce and if we didn't produce it we would eventually explode. Very messy.
I use the world # because the nature of the substance it describes is brilliantly symbolic of the propaganda we are pressured to accept as reality on this planet. If anyone if offended by the world #, it is not because I am being offensive because that is not my intention. It is because you have chosen to be offended. It is all taking place in your mind, not mine. Even if I was trying to be offensive, you still don't have to take it on and be affected by it. You have a choice.

Well, now I've offended you, I might as well go all the way. In for a penny, in for a pound - you know me. How about the word '#' ?

My God ! Did you hear what he just said ?
You know ... ffff ... the "F" word.
Disgusting ! Outrageous ! What an awful man !

I said the "F" word ? Oh, you mean # ? Yes, thats right. I did.
So ?

It's funny that the same people who do not get offended by American warplanes bombing the crap out of people in the Middle East, Vietnam and elsewhere, killing children by the score, will be breathless in their indignation when someone says the word "#". The end of the world is not ushered in by warplanes and atomic bombs, but by people saying '#'. "The moral fibre of society is crumbling. Bring back hanging and conscription, that'll sort it. Put 'em in the army, make bomber pilots of them". What a hoot it is, all this plastic moral hypocrisy. You have newspapers selling themselves by using naked women and sexual titillation and thats OK, it seems. But when the word '#' comes into a story, it is always written as "f***" because this is a "family" newspaper as you can see by the lady showing her tits on the inside page.
Whats with this f*** business ?
When you see f*** what word goes through your mind ?
#, exactly. So what's the difference ?
Ah, I get it now. It's fine to think the world '#', but not to say it or write it in full. Gotcha.
F*** that. See, it's easy.

Give me strength ...

I'm not advocating that everyone goes around using the world # or any other just for the sake of it. I actually think the word is a travesty of the true experience of sexual union, which at its peak, with the right person at the right time, is for me, the ultimate experience in this time-space reality. But it is also a very expressive word which conveys brilliantly your state of mind when you drop a hammer on your foot, or the car won't start, or the events of the day have wound you up. A few more "#s" and tears and a few less stiff upper lips and a lot of people would occupy their bodies for a great deal longer.

The overall point I am making here, however, is that if you are offended at anything and have your emotions stressed as a result, it is you who have chosen to be offended. It's a thought form, a state of mind, which you are in control of.
People constantly get offended and wound up about things that don't matter.
Just whisper slowly ...f...u...c...k... There, are you any better or worse a person ? No. You have just shaped your mouth and lips to say a word, just as you do when you say 'sandwich'. It is just a sound. It is the intent behind a word, not the world itself, that is positive or negative ...

You don't have to be offended, its up to you. But those for those who are easily offended I can only say:

It's a human waste product, walk away."

David Icke - I am me, I am free

What can I say about this piece - It is completely true. While thousands of people are being killed in Iraq, including many children, there are still idiots in the UK and US who get offended by 'cuss words'.

Sometimes, I despair of the human race.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more, why do people try to police certain sounds a voice box makes a living organism makes? When you put it that way it just sounds stupid.
Some people say it's childish, I say it's more childish and pathetic to actually be offended by something that means absolutely nothing.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
# yous guys.

join