It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: New Loch Ness Monster Video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Nessie would be able to repopulate, assuming that there is more than one.

If you guys are using firefox, and trying to view the video, try using IE to view the news page and then click the video link, instead.

I wouldn't necessarily call this the best footage ever taken. It could be anything from a school of fish, to bigfoot swimming

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Nah, if it were Bigfoot, you would easily be able to see the snorkel sticking out of the water.
Besides, this time of year, all of the Bigfoots (or is it Bigfeet?) migrate to Whales.
For that however, they use the bus.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JbT
[
This would have to be a freak cartoon like Eel. People have to be seeing the same Eel for decades.

I think its along the lines that its either hoax or simple people, with simple minds.

I would agree that many of the Nessie sightings are not authentic as those claiming to see something may be imagining things or are hoaxes. Eels have been known to grow up to 10 feet (3m) long. It could be possible that from time to time there can be at least be one very large eel in Loch Ness, and people occasionally see these large eels. These eels could be 40 feet (12m) long, or people could be exagerating the true size of the eel for one reason or another.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think there is some measure for size comparison; at the beginning of the clip there is something in the foreground from which the camera man is zooming in quite a distance, so the object is relatively large. Also, one can see the ripples on the water, which are fairly small in comparison the object, which is moving at a steady pace.

Also, judging from the motion of the ripples, the object is moving contrary to their general direction, ie. the waves are somewhat stationary and the object is moving through them. This most likely rules out the possibility of a floating log, which I feel the object is too big for in any case.

Lastly, at the beginning of the clip the object seems to have greater width than it does later on, it may merely be the camera angles, but at the end of the clip it appears very much as an eel, whereas at the beginning if looked more 'nessie' like. Another perplexing thing is that the object appears very close to the surface of the water, yet there is no discernible 'head' which traditionally would protrude from the water, or at least be visible.

It is a very peculiar video in any case.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
*Scotland chuckles*

Anyone fancy hunting Haggis?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Since the mid 90's i thought this "mystery" was resolved.

Nobody remember this news stating that an old man revealed in a letter he was behind these "apparitions" (in other words> he was a hoaxer) before he passed away.Some local officials have investigated & found a mini submarine near the lake along with an "all made nessie" in plastic or whatever ...which corrobored his claims.

I mean i'm still surprised to find "new infos" on the nessie when it seems clear to me there is nothing there.

Please somebody say i'm not wrong

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I was just thinking.... what would Nessie eat?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I saw the footage but CNN had superimposed an over-sized image of Hugo Chavez's head onto the "Creature," and several of the surrounding Trees.

I'm not joking.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Weird...
I was just reading about a case in New Zealand in 1977..
a Japanese vessel was fishing when a large animal carcass was caught in its nets at a depth of 900ft. The crew happened to be amazed by the creature's long neck and small head and took five pictures of the body before throwing the carcass back overboard..

The pictures are creepy..

strange creatures from the sea..wonder if this could be another one?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There was definitely an elongated thing moving in the water, but I found it hard to get a sense of scale, so it could just be a big snake, or any number of things.

If I was a scientist, I'd be kind of embarrassed to post such a thing, but if that's the best he's got, it's the best he's got.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hey Grady! long time no see.

A) It's BS

B) It's nonsense

C) Would you like to buy a keyring?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hey, kegs.

You're making sense.

Are you okay?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm fine ya old blunderbuss.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I was still having trouble trying to view the video.
Here's a youtube link

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hehehe, quote: "I'm fine ya old blunderbuss. "

Great place when there's great people around

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Well... Adds nothing new really. Could be anything. Although it does seem like it is a large thingy down there.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
That was a intresting video, i saw this one too, im not to sure of what to think about it.

www.youtube.com...

has anyone seen this before, it is a couple years old.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I was really hoping to see a head pop out.

I was a bit disappointed, but none the less its nice to see that Loch Ness still has something left in it.

Good find.

It has a lot of stuff in it still. Namely, fish and water. Aside from that, I don't think there's any ancient sea life living in there, since they would have found at least something from it by now. A dropping maybe? What about a carcass? Or even a footprint of some kind?

Just too many things that don't make sense for this to be a possibility.

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
All countries have their Mystical Creatures , nessies ours.

Im Scottish and was always brought up with the stories of the Loch Ness Monster, even had a few trips on the old loch itself.

Great when your a Kid but laughable when you grow up.

Still i always feel proud when i see people from all over the world talking about our beasty

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
That's the problem, TheBorg. It/they may not be living & feeding in loch ness, There was a report, I believe I mentioned elsewhere on ATS?, about the couple driving down one of the roads adjacent to Lochness who spotted a big thing and was taken back by a 'huge multi-humped creature' moving across the road appx 500 feet in front of them, in appx 1940.

I had seen all the boats running side-by-side scanning the loch in appx 1990 and I had thought then -- what if the Nessie's are not living under the water surface?

Still to this day, less the pics those kids had taken and the tooth or claw removed from the dear carcass just feet away from the water in appx 1997..

Dallas

edit: all kinds of sloppyness

[edit on 1-6-2007 by Dallas]

<< 1    3 >>

join