It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the heck is this?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalki
BTW, haarp sends frequencies , so radars can detect it

Did you read how Doppler RADAR works? It detects changing DENSITIES, not FREQUENCIES...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
the guy is talking about Extremely low frequencies, not cell phones signals...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i'm looking at the noaa map at 0800zt, the green clutter in that area are not thunderstorms, thunderstorms don't just hang around do they? they move with cold fronts,correct?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Lightning is known to cause substantial heating and ionization density enhancement in the lower ionosphere, and there are indications that ground-based HF transmitters (HAARP), including radars and strong radio stations, also modify the ionosphere and influence the performance of systems whose radio paths traverse the modified region. (from haarp's website)

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Do you have a link to where it said that?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milk
Do you have a link to where it said that?

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i guess this is a hoax, i don't know, i keep running these circles of the noaa page and i cannot find any of them. the only thing i do notice is in the circles i have found, there tends to be ground clutter (on the noaa page)around where these circles may of had been, but they do not form a circle though.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The circle is due to the fact the radar disk spins in a circular sweep.

There is nothing out of the ordinary in these images, I work with doppler systems in my day job.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub

There is nothing out of the ordinary in these images, I work with doppler systems in my day job.

I don't get it, why it's not on every maps?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

thats what i thought after realising thats where a radar station is located.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Have a look at this page

weather.noaa.gov...

You can see the radar shapes all over the US.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
how big of a sweep does doppler have?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Think of it as a "time laps photograpy" of the radar world. You know those time lapse pictures of cars driving down a highway, and the headlights and taillights appear to form a continuous line instead of just dots? well, if you took a time lapse radar image, it would do the same thing. The only difference is that it samples a circular field, instead of the same spot. So, as the weather moved, the "time lapse" would still show it in its previous spot, as well as the new one. Get enough weather moving in an area, and the entire viewable range of the RADAR would look nearly the same.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

by the way haarp is a high frequency research facility so why would you even mention haarp and low frequencies?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Have a look at this page

weather.noaa.gov...

You can see the radar shapes all over the US.

I don't see any circles like on the first map of the thread though..

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by razorbackhater
how big of a sweep does doppler have?

That would depend on the "power" of the radar. Most commercial aircraft have doppler radar in them to detect weather, as well as aluminum clouds(other planes), and granite clouds(mountains)... Their range is limited for the most part to 70 or 80 miles, as larger equipment would be too heavy, and take up too much room. On aircraft it also only scans about a 120 degree arc...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
No, the circle is the shape of the radar sweep. you will get a round signature when there is precipitation present in the whole of the area.

A problem is the autosensing of the DbZ of the Doppler computer. You occasionally find that one station will show different results to it's neighbours because of the change of the autosensing scale of DbZ (an arbitrary measurement of precipitation).

I can't show you any images atm, but I have many, many odd doppler images on my machine at work, just like these.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
me either, just when i thought i found something exciting it proves to be bogus...sigh,

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

by the way haarp is a high frequency research facility so why would you even mention haarp and low frequencies?

Yeah actually it can sends Extremely low Frequencies too.. creates earthquakes!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
zzub since you work with weather, what is cloud seeding? is that what the whole chemtrail thing is? cloud seeding?

<< 1  2    4 >>

join