It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Very Worried

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Since 1970, the year of the first Earth Day, America's population has increased by 42%, the country's inflation-adjusted gross domestic product has grown 195%, the number of cars and trucks in the United States has more than doubled, and the total number of miles driven has increased by 178%

www.opinionjournal.com...

I believe Global Warming is a red herring to give the masses something to worry over. I believe the solution is not in mans hands but in natures.

I realize this make me an environmental heretic in the minds of the global warming is all mans fault crowd.

[edit on 5/21/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I don't know if I'd call it an intentional red herring. Really, it's a theory, with things that support and refute it. The problem is that you have alarmists and sensationalists that take the theory and run with it prematurely. Right now, there really isn't conclusive evidence that man has anything at all to do with global warming. All they have, really, is correlation - the fact that temperatures began increasing around the time of the industrial revolution. But that is, sadly, a logical fallacy - correlation does not, although it may appear to, imply causation.

It's just an idea that got so much publicity that it's assumed to be a fact just because it's talked about so much. When you really look into it, though, you see that it's far from certain. And then you have people who benefit from the theory of global warming, such as researchers and politicians. (Gore anyone?)

[edit on 21-5-2007 by Johnmike]

new topics

join