It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an interesting question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
i do not know if this question has been asked here .
if so point me to right post.
and i AM being totally serious .

If area 51 is in nevada ,where are areas 1 through 50 ??

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Sure don't mean to be rude, but it's kind of common knowlegde (at least for those involved) that the area-code "51" is a military classification of this specific section of the Nevada (and others) desert. Not quite sure wether there are as many as 51, but area 50, 52, 53 and so on borders to area 51. It's just a real simple way of organizing the wasteland into something like a grid, like the sqares on a map. If you look at a map showing these areas you could see that the "borders" looks like they've been drawn with a ruler, just straight lines.. It's common procedure to do this when it comes to mapping proving grounds for nuclear weapons tests and things alike. Area 51 is not the name of the installation, just the military naming of that part of the desert.

That's all.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
Sure don't mean to be rude, but it's kind of common knowlegde (at least for those involved) that the area-code "51" is a military classification of this specific section of the Nevada (and others) desert. Not quite sure wether there are as many as 51, but area 50, 52, 53 and so on borders to area 51. It's just a real simple way of organizing the wasteland into something like a grid, like the sqares on a map. If you look at a map showing these areas you could see that the "borders" looks like they've been drawn with a ruler, just straight lines.. It's common procedure to do this when it comes to mapping proving grounds for nuclear weapons tests and things alike. Area 51 is not the name of the installation, just the military naming of that part of the desert.

That's all.

not sure about that ,BUT lot more info then i heard of before from ANYWHERE.
thanx for telling me that much .

and for this kind of stuff i AM a newbie

and you were NOT rude

[edit on 18-5-2007 by majnoon]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
That lil' treat was on me.
Now you can tell the next guy!

Cheers mate.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yea from what Ive read Area 51 got its name from a designation on the maps or something like that. For example, Area=plot or parcel and 51= the number designation for that parcel of land.
Apparantly though, Area 51 is not the official name. I believe that would be Nellis or Groom Lake Facility.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The Nevada Test Site is divided into areas, designated with somewhat random numbers. They are not in sequence and many are missing. There is no orderly grid system.

Area 51 is the designation applied following the land seizure of 20 June 1958 that added the Watertown Strip airfield to the Nevada Test Site for administrative purposes, even though the air base was controlled by the CIA. This designation specifically identifies a 38,400-acre block of land surrounding the airfield and much of the dry lakebed.

The term "Area 51" served as the official name for the base for about 20 years, although the legal name appears to be Watertown. It is a member of Alamo Township in Lincoln County.

Tonopah Test Range has been listed as Area 52 in some documents.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
ok thanks i have also heard of an area 29 near las alamos (or somewhere else in new mexico) so was wondering .

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I didn't know that either! I thought 'Area 51' was the name of the base! Very cool, thanks. I'll share this tidbit of info. and claim it as mine!

Peace. K*

top topics

join