It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the 9/11 "Truth Movement" Playing Politics at the Expense of Finding Truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I was having a discussion today with a friend who was going on and on about how Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld, along with their PNAC buddies, planned 9/11. My friend then went on to describe how they used the CIA and/or FBI to pull off 9/11 and cover-up the investigation.

I pointed out that the CIA director at the time, George Tenet, was a Clinton appointee, and the the FBI Director on 9/11, Robert Mueller, had only taken the job a week before the attacks. Up until June 25, 2001, the FBI director was another Clinton appointee, Louis Freeh.

I also pointed out that former Clinton National Security Advisor, Sandy Berger, pled guilty to stealing and destroying documents from the National Archives relating to terrorism prior to his testimony in front of the 9/11 Commission, and that Berger recently hired fellow Democrat and former Co-Chairman of the 9/11 Commission, Lee Hamilton, to work as a consultant at Berger's multi-million dollar lobbying firm.

It then dawned on me how the 9/11 "Truth Movement" has almost entirely ignored the Democrats' possible connections to 9/11 when theorizing about possible conspiracies in order to focus almost 100% on bashing Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the "neo-cons" for orchestrating 9/11.

So the question that comes to mind is whether or not the 9/11 "Truth Movement" is so zealous in it's attempts to demonize Bush for political reasons that it's giving a free pass to possible Clinton connections to the 9/11 attacks? Isn't it disingenuous for CTers to almost totally ignore Freeh, and especially Berger and Tenet? Berger stole and destroyed documents and Tenet is the one who advised Bush that the WMD's in Iraq were a "slam dunk." How could they NOT be part of the conspiracy?

For anybody who thinks putting Clinton back in the White House is the answer, be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by nick7261]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You want the truth? Politics demands that your opponents gravitate to issues that make the ruling powers look bad. It is a fact of life.

Other truth: at the top there is no politics. They are all on the same team. The Global team whereby we all end up as puppets for their satisfaction and benefit.

Besides a secret government can exist within a government if enough sayannim exist to work exclusively for them as well as other eager agents.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Get one side shouting loud enough and people will believe.

Actually from all the CT'ers on this site, Presdient George Bush is a genius, he pulled 9/11 off in less than 9 months after getting into office.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Get one side shouting loud enough and people will believe.

Actually from all the CT'ers on this site, Presdient George Bush is a genius, he pulled 9/11 off in less than 9 months after getting into office.

Thinking about this subject in more detail, it seems obvious that if there was a government conspiracy to create 9/11, it would almost certainly require well more than 9 months of planning. It would also require some sort of help from the CIA and FBI to both pull off the crime and cover-up the investigation.

So how does ANY CT theory propose to explain carrying out the logistics and planning of 9/11 by Bush and friends while leaving out the Clinton appointees that were in control pre-2001?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Nick - Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! you're mentioning Clinton and 9/11 in the same thread...........you can't do that.....

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Nick,

SHHHHHHHHH...don't mention physics and 9/11 in the same sentence either. The 9/11 OTCer's can't handle it.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Nick - Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! you're mentioning Clinton and 9/11 in the same thread...........you can't do that.....

I guess that's beacuse Bill Clinton was obsessed with hunting down OBL while in office, right?

Seriously, for a 9/11 conspiracy theory to have any possible credibility, wouldn't it have to include a link to the previous Clinton administration? How could Bush et al. manage to arrange an operation as complex as 9/11 immediately upon taking office? And if the Bush administration even proposed an operation as complex and treasonous as 9/11, how would they have been sure that the left-overs from the Clinton administration wouldn't have blown the whistle?

And why would a new administration that just took office take the incredible risk of plotting an attack against their own country? If caught, they would have blown 4 solid years where they could have milked the system for billions risk-free?

And the $2.3 trillion dollars that Rumsfeld announced was not accounted for on 9/10/01? Wouldn't that money have gone missing during the Clinton administration? Wouldn't the left-overs from the Clinton administration have more motive to pull off 9/11 than the new Bush administration?

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick7261
Seriously, for a 9/11 conspiracy theory to have any possible credibility, wouldn't it have to include a link to the previous Clinton administration?

My guess would be yes. Look into Sandy Berger. What was it that he stole from the archives?

How could Bush et al. manage to arrange an operation as complex as 9/11 immediately upon taking office?

Look at the people Bush chose for his cabinet. Those people didn't just get into the government when Bush elected them. Really.

And if the Bush administration even proposed an operation as complex and treasonous as 9/11, how would they have been sure that the left-overs from the Clinton administration wouldn't have blown the whistle?

You really don't know anyone who works for the government do you?

And why would a new administration that just took office take the incredible risk of plotting an attack against their own country? If caught, they would have blown 4 solid years where they could have milked the system for billions risk-free?

Your supposition. How do you know?

And the $2.3 trillion dollars that Rumsfeld announced was not accounted for on 9/10/01? Wouldn't that money have gone missing during the Clinton administration? Wouldn't the left-overs from the Clinton administration have more motive to pull off 9/11 than the new Bush administration?

Since they all work together, I'd say yes.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

My guess would be yes. Look into Sandy Berger. What was it that he stole from the archives?

We'll never know what Berger stole, or why he stole it. All we can conclude is that a) somebody wanted whatever it was to never see the light of day, and b) the Justice Dept. didn't want Berger to take the rap.

How could Bush et al. manage to arrange an operation as complex as 9/11 immediately upon taking office?

Look at the people Bush chose for his cabinet. Those people didn't just get into the government when Bush elected them. Really.

Whether they were in government before 2000, it would have taken planning of monumental proportions to plan and carry out 9/11 in less than a year.

Since they all work together, I'd say yes.

I think if the "Truth Seekers" would stop for a minute and take off their partisan blinders, it would become very obvious that the Bush administration could never have been alone in any government complicity relating to 9/11. Of cousre maybe the ruling elite count on the polarization of the country to make sure they can continue to get away with schemes like 9/11.

Have you ever read the book "Triple Cross" by Peter Lance? He stops one breath short of accusing the Dems, including Eliot Spitzer, of making sure 9/11 was allowed to happen.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Why i for 1 do not care about politics, only the truth about what happened on 911. Same thing as most of the family members of those who died want.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
9-11 wasn't planned by Bush, or Clinton, I'm pretty sure. They are just media faces, not real decision makers or planners. You got to realize the game doesn’t change when the president does. Different name, same old crap.

9-11 could have been planned years ago, and sat waiting to get the right players in office to implement it. Who knows? Nothing we see in the media is as it seems. Party affiliation isn’t going to stop greed bastards from working with the opposition. But as has already been mentioned the divide between parties is only for our benefit, to give us the illusion of change, and to make sure we don't all become of one mind. That scares the crap out of the powers that be. United we stand, divided we blah blah blah... The powers that be are very united...Whereas we are fighting amongst ourselves over anything and everything, and just running on the spot.

We should stop trying to blame individuals’ imo, even if they’re found out and prosecuted, nothing will change. The game will go on, and the population will continue in it’s illusion of freedom. And as soon as the powers that be decide another 9-11 is necessary, it will happen again. They’ll just learn from their mistakes, as ‘they’ always do, and change their tactics accordingly.

The whole system of government is rotten to the core. Whoever you vote for they win.
While you are busy arguing over Clinton and Bush, the world is not getting better, and neither one of those guys gives a damn.

What a contradiction it is when most supporters of government argue that people are naturally bad, greedy and self serving, so we need government to control us. Well the very fact that you believe people are basically bad should prevent you from ever giving one so much power over your lives. Personally I believe we are naturally good and our environment brings out the bad, and I still wouldn’t give anyone power over my life.

But I digress…

Who cares who did it? Put ‘em all up against the wall for their crimes against Humanity.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick7261
Have you ever read the book "Triple Cross" by Peter Lance? He stops one breath short of accusing the Dems, including Eliot Spitzer, of making sure 9/11 was allowed to happen.

No, I haven't read that. It wouldn't surprise me. IMO the Dems and Reps have been working together for a long time now.

top topics

join