It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corsham Computer Center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I pass this site, whilst on my way to work and have always wondered what it was used for. It has never been approved by or even discussed in Parliament ... until March 2007, that is!

In March 2007, I discovered that some fascinating written evidence from the Scottish Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (Scottish CND, SCND), submitted to the Select Committee on Defence, had been published on the UK Parliament's official website. It formed part of the Select Committee's Ninth Report of the House of Commons 2006/2007 Session, "The Future of the UK's Strategic Nuclear Deterrent: the White Paper".

Taken from Secret Bases website, you can read the full story here.

homepage.ntlworld.com...

Makes for an interesting read.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
That's very interesting timb3r.

Work on software for Trident is carried out in the Corsham Computer Centre also referred to as the Corsham Software Facility. [36]This is an underground complex close to Basil Hill Barracks in Wiltshire. Mass Consultants Ltd manage the IT system in the centre, on behalf of the Strategic Systems Integrated Project Team. [37]Analysts who assess the performance and effectiveness of Trident use the IT facilities in centre. [38]

A substantial proportion of US nuclear targeting information is classified so that only US citizens can see it. The Chief of Staff has issued a directive specifying how classified items should be removed from nuclear targeting information, in a process called sanitising, before it is handed to the Corsham Computer Centre, the London targeting centre or the British contingent at Strategic Command in Omaha. [39]

It suggests that the UK deterrent may not be as independent as the UK Government likes to make out. It is possible that this classified US Trident software might have been modified, to prevent either: the missiles from being fired Westward, towards the US from the normal patrol areas; or to restrict the system to only NATO or joint US/UK plans.

Very interesting.

zero lift

join