It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Food Additives 'ARE' as Bad as we Feared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Proof Food Additives 'ARE' as Bad as we Feared

www.raidersnewsnetwork.com

Parents have been warned to avoid artificial additives used in drinks, sweets and processed foods amid a link to behaviour problems in children.

A study funded by the government's Food Standards Agency(FSA) is understood to have drawn a link with temper tantrums and poor concentration.

There are also concerns about allergic reactions such as asthma and rashes.

The findings are potentially explosive for the entire food industry, which faces the need to reformulate a vast array of children's products.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rense.com

[edit on 5/12/2007 by shots]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Check out what Rense has to say on this makes for some very interesting reading.

It is about time this got exposed, I have always hated artificial flavors and prefer to pay for natural when possible.

www.raidersnewsnetwork.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What a suprise...no mention of Aspartame
I think people would be really shocked if they knew the person who was responsible for bringing this unnecessary sweetner into the food chain, a chemical that can cause serious problems.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
What a suprise...no mention of Aspartame

Apparently they were not talking about sweeteners or flavors. According to the article the concern is mostly over those artificial compounds that put color into the product.s

I woder if there is any connection with the increased findings of children with Attention Deficit Disorder?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Really would not suprise me. My younger brothers behaviour noticeably changed when he drank cocacola or had lots of sugary foods, most likely containing alot of those additives.. it was only really discernable when he was younger, but now that he's a bit older its harder too tell. Sometimes i get the feeling it still affects me aswell, and im 20.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I agree with the articles and problems with Artificial sweeteners.

I had a dentist and my child’s doctor telling me it’s better to take a chance on getting cancer than to get cavities from the real sugar or diabetes. I think they are nuts.

I stay away from those artificial sugars.

Anytime you can get natural it’s always best.

Problem is not too much stuff is natural anymore. Not even our fruits and vegetables. If you buy an orange and it don’t have seeds in it you know its not natural same with grapes and anything else. Its hard to find natural foods anymore.

I also believe all the chemicals they put into our foods is also the reason most Americans are overweight. They put hormones into your Chickens, Turkeys, Cows, and when we eat them we eat that. They put more than hormones in those foods as well. Foreigners when they come to this country gain weight within no time after eating our foods.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I thought several food dyes had already been linked to ADD/ADHD.

Anyway if that isn't bad enough, you may not be happy to know that there are ground up insect shells in much of your food.

Carmine is a red colouring agent that comes from dried female cochineal beetle.

The wax on fruit is often shellac, a secretion from the Lac beetle.

The list doesn't end there. A bit superficial compared to getting cancer, but just thought I'd let you know

All those food colourings like "Red 4", "Yellow 5", there is a reason it's that vague. If you knew, you wouldn't be buying it. "Artificial colours and flavour" is even worse and more vague.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If people would take a stand and buy GOURMET, REGIONAL Sodas like
Barq's, Berghoff, Black Bear Sodas, they would get the chance to taste what real soda/pop once tasted like and I am willing to bet most would not want to go back if they could afford it that is. It is not cheap about 2.50 for a four pak but tastes great.

I am also willing to bet if people made the change major players like Coke, Pepsi would follow suit and go back to using sugar over high fructose corn syrup to sweeten their products.

Ihave heard coke in Mexico is made with real sugar and they claim it tastes much better.

[edit on 5/13/2007 by shots]

top topics

join