It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No romance for lovesick albatross

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

No romance for lovesick albatross

news.bbc.co.uk

A lovesick albatross has spent the last 40 years unsuccessfully looking for romance in Scotland, 8,000 miles away from his natural breeding grounds.

The lonely bird, dubbed Albert, is thought to have first arrived in Scotland after being blown off course in the South Atlantic in 1967.

For the past four decades he has been engaged in a futile attempt to woo gannets on several remote islands.

But experts said Albert had no prospect of finding a mate so far from home.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I wonder what drove albert so far north from his native lands? and would it be wrong to get him a mate as he has been trying find one for over 40 years ? what are your openions

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Firstly, I have to say, I had no idea Albatross's lived that long.

I think that if Albert the Albatross likes his home, than yes, they should try and see about finding him
a mate, i mean we all want someone to love, a soul mate so to speak, and this poor birds been
searching for twice as long as I've been alive, so I think it's the right thing to do.

On a side note, they should bring Albatross of both genders, you never know which way Albert may swing.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
lol that might be true after being away from his spices for so long he might have forgotten how a mate looks like and swing the other way. but i think finding him a mate would be the humane thing to do

new topics

top topics

join