It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel Propaganda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Propaganda on History Channel

Today, Wednesday, at 3 PM EDT, the History Channel featured an hour long propaganda piece purporting to connect and thereby explain, the Ba’athst Party and Saddam Hussein to Adolph Hitler’s Nazi Party in particular and to fascism in general. While I’d like to think this ratty piece of work was more due to our general ignorance of the fairly recent history of world affairs, it is so well planned, so convincingly scripted, that it seems impossible to be merely a coincidence.

Has anyone heard this show? I believe it is a re-run from last year. I’d like to hear any comments whether you agree with me or do not.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yeah... The History Channel is just a bunch of neocon hucksters...

It's actually a two hour program, and started at 2pm Eastern:

Few people realize that the Baath party was actually formed upon the principles and organizational structure of the Nazi party. Iraq, because of its oil and hatred of Jews, was an important battleground between the Axis and Allied powers in World War II. Nazi propaganda was broadcast throughout Baghdad, and Iraqis often went on rampages against Jews throughout the war. One of the most ardent Nazi supporters during WWII was named Khairallah Talfah. Talfah was Saddam's uncle. After the war, many of the key Iraqi Nazi supporters, all of whom evaded prosecution, wound up involved in Saddam's rise to power. This special examines the key individuals of the Iraqi-Nazi connection, the little-known battle for Iraq in WWII, and the strange link to Saddam Hussein.

www.history.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Lies I tells ya... All lies...

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
Propaganda on History Channel

Today, Wednesday, at 3 PM EDT, the History Channel featured an hour long propaganda piece purporting to connect and thereby explain, the Ba’athst Party and Saddam Hussein to Adolph Hitler’s Nazi Party in particular and to fascism in general. While I’d like to think this ratty piece of work was more due to our general ignorance of the fairly recent history of world affairs, it is so well planned, so convincingly scripted, that it seems impossible to be merely a coincidence.

Has anyone heard this show? I believe it is a re-run from last year. I’d like to hear any comments whether you agree with me or do not.

What the big deal they were both dispicible political parties responsible for killing millions of people.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
IIRC History Channel is owned by CBS and are not known for being conservatively biased. If anything they have a strong liberal bias.

History is history even if you dont like it.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
IIRC History Channel is owned by CBS and are not known for being conservatively biased. If anything they have a strong liberal bias.

History is history even if you dont like it.

I dont know if there are any connection between the two or not. But I do know there are a lot of similarities between the two.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It was my understanding that the ba’athst party was modeled after the Stalinist version of the Soviet communist party. Saddam even tried to look like him!

top topics

join