It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government... Murderers and Liars or Just Doing Their Jobs? At What Cost?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is absolutely stunning to me. To think that our governement sent our kids to war, knowing our kids were going to die (as well as many innocent Iraqis), all the while knowing the “reasons” they were being sent there were simply false and fabricated, and nobody had the f'n balls to stand up and say THIS IS WRONG, makes me sick!

Oath upheld, but at what cost?

Whatever your politics or your views on the Iraq war, the admission by Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) that as a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee he knew that America was duped into a war, but remained silent because he was sworn to secrecy, was a stunner.

"The information we had in the Intelligence Committee was not the same information being given to the American people. I couldn't believe it. ... So in my frustration, I sat on the floor of the Senate and listened to this heated debate about invading Iraq thinking the American people are being misled, they are not being told the truth."

So, what are we to think now? That Durbin willingly let thousands of Americans and uncounted thousands of Iraqis die when he knew the truth?

It's time to clean house folks! Not just the white house but everyone that knew the truth but did and said nothing!

Did it even occur to him that he was implicating every member of the Intelligence Committee for hiding the truth from the public?

Let me ask you, would you have kept your mouth shut if put in the same position as Durbin? Or would you have broken your oath and spoken up? How does this revelation make you feel about our government “leaders”?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
look at george tenet on meet the press.
how many times did the CIA and the whitehouse speech writiers cross the truth line???
how many times did he supposedly say, you cannot say that.
so how stupid are they down there (I am canadian) or how many times will you be told thats a lie, you cannot say that and then try to put it back in the next speech?????

come on....I mean really
then I see the commercial for some oil company spending 400 billion on renewable oil (corn, etc) when I have a post on Water Cars that 7 different people have developed....

the end of the oil commercial after asking some people on the street what they thought about that (the company spending the money on research) and the last thing they said was (this is the company talking) well at least its a start

Man the world is uneducated, not proactive at all....manipulated, controlled, for sale to the highest bidder and going to hell in a hand basket.
The enviorment is trashed, posion is everywhere, the ecosystems are going to crash...and the lies that led to human sacrifice at some unknown agenda is horrific to say the least.
My first post was the lies that led to Iraq by PBS

www.afterdowningstreet.org...

PS not a single person responded...
made me sad

[edit on 8-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What would you have done if you were in Durbin's shoes? Speak up or hold your tongue?
Should this Durbin, the Intelligence Committee, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and co. be impeached and/or held criminally accountable for their actions?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Members of the "Intelligence
Committee" (the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys) said NOTHING while Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld went on TV, lied to the public, and sent our kids to die for that lie and nobody here cares...

... sad, really.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I care.....My family have died so we can sit in our houses watching tv.

Just doing their job.... If people in charge did their job, which is taking care of the people they represent, things would be a lot different.

Once elected our representatives have no choice but to go with the flow that has been set up for them. It is a big joke people....a big lie and joke.

We have freedom....ha ha ha ha....., as long as you stay in the milking line with your head down and your but in the air. People have absolutely no influence on the Government which represents them. What does that say?

If I could change this system today, I would do it faster than a heart beat.

I can prety much sum up what our elected officials say when they come to the realization they have no power to change anything that is already set up for them to operate within ........ "Why rock the boat, all I want is my pension".

It is all greed motivated and this is what needs to stop.

top topics

join