It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTC - What Rusted all that Steel?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
it does make sense though......if thermite was used to bring the building down it wouldve taken a massive amount of rust ((seeing as how thermite is made with rust)) when the building fell the unburned rust wouldve just been left and subject to the forces of gravity and wind

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
it does make sense though......if thermite was used to bring the building down it wouldve taken a massive amount of rust ((seeing as how thermite is made with rust)) when the building fell the unburned rust wouldve just been left and subject to the forces of gravity and wind

Thermite, from what I know, is a cutting charge, not a detonation charge. If you used thermite the way it was supposed to, wouldn't it just burn the metal then some other explosion push the tower over?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
www.finishing.com...

Here is a web site with people who are looking for information on how to rust metal, mabe it will help.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thank you stormdancer.

If anyone else would like to follow that link, you can read that it takes an awful lot of trouble to make rust on purpose quickly.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
this post caught my eye,
What I have found to rust evenly and the most time efficiently is Muriatic Acid.

www.finishing.com...

Muriatic Acid and Metal

www.newton.dep.anl.gov...

Hydrochloric acid

en.wikipedia.org...

is Muriatic acid used in explosives?

Another thing is to wonder what kind of things were stored in these buildings.

Chemical Analysis of World Trade Center Fine Particulate Matter for Use in Toxicologic Assessment

www.ehponline.org...

another thing to think about is did the WTC bombing involve the use of chemical weapons?

www.fas.org...

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
or the initial explosion was use to spark off the thermite effect....thermite is a cutting charge but it takes a lot of heat to set it off however im not 100% sure that jet feul even gets hot enough to spark off thermite....even if this was the case it would be a extremely sloppy way to use thermite.....the thermite reaction is caused by the metal ((aluminum shavings)) burning and using the rapid oxidation caused by the melting rust to feul a quick intensely hot fire...and sinces rust is caused by oxidation maybe thermite can cause rust because it is a oxidation reaction.....but i dont know how that would work

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
YW, Newtron,

About the rusty coloured clouds picture, where did that picture come from?

It looks doctored to me, JMHO, I need to look at more pictures,

[edit on 30-5-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
muriatic acid is used in the making of polyeurathane whish is used to make seals used in construction and sometimes used to protect buildings from smoke and water damage

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
muriatic acid is used in the making of polyeurathane whish is used to make seals used in construction and sometimes used to protect buildings from smoke and water damage

Thanks justanother, that would explain a lot.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Muriatic acid is also used, or used to be used in the developing of pictures. I think.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
is Muriatic acid used in explosives?

From what I have found. Yes, sometimes. Just so people know, muriatic acid is hydrochloric acid. Which is HCL.

Insensitive high density explosive Document Type and Number:United States Patent 5039812 Link to this page:www.freepatentsonline.com... Abstract:The compound, 5,7-diamino-4,6-dinitro-benzofuroxan is formed by (1) forming reaction mixture containing 4,6-dinitro benzofuroxan, KHCO.sub.3, NH.sub.2 OH HCl and water; (2) forming the potassium salt of the desired compound by adding KOH to the reaction mixture; and (3) adding HCl to replace the potassium ion of the salt with hydrogen. The compound is useful as an explosive.

Source: www.freepatentsonline.com...

Not sure if that would the explosive used but it is an explosive.

Also, you have to think about the chemicals left after the explosive rather than what it was made of. There are probably lots of explosives that have hydrogen and chlorine left over to combine and form HCL. Something to think about.

Going back to the pic of GZ with the yellow clouds. HCL and sulfuric acid are similar. Maybe they used sulfuric acid for something and the sulfur caused the clouds. Or maybe all the sulfur from the thermate reacted with hydrogen to form sulfuric acid clouds.

I just found this also.

sulfuric acid
n.
A highly corrosive, dense, oily liquid, H2SO4, colorless to dark brown depending on its purity and used to manufacture a wide variety of chemicals and materials including fertilizers, paints, detergents, and explosives. Also called oil of vitriol, vitriol.

Source: www.answers.com...

Notice it says colorless to dark brown.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Fertilizers???

Sounds vaguely familiar....wasn't there a report of a van in or near the WTC1 or 2 before the collapse?

Fertilizers, man that is gonna bug me, where have I heard fertilizers and a van before...hmmm....

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Here is a similar image, it doesn't look like there is rust colored smoke in this one.

Examine the pictures next to oneanother the hue is odd on the rusty colored smoke one.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Who do my pictures never post?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
when polyeurathane burns it releases hydrogen cyanide which is listed under schedule three of the chemical arms convention so by the same token if hydrogen cyanide mixed with other chemicals in the air it could revert back to muriatic acid.....this is just speculation though i have no idea how this would be done or if it is even possible

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Here is a similar image, it doesn't look like there is rust colored smoke in this one.

Examine the pictures next to oneanother the hue is odd on the rusty colored smoke one.

Here's an answer from the OP from page 2.

Check out FEMAs photo libary for the one you think is photoshopped(!)

www.photolibrary.fema.gov

Hope that helps.

I can't get the link to work but it is on page two.

[edit on 5/30/2007 by Griff]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There is another thread on ATS that lists the chemical composition of the dust from the WTC collapse I don't have the time right now to go digging for a link to it right now. The majority of explosives are nitrate based and there was a minimum amount of nitrates in the samples.

The problem with the thermite theories are quite simple. Thermite burns hot enough to melt steel into a liquid. When a liquid flows it tends to take the path of least resistance. I have seen thermite used to cut and weld railroad track sections. In both cutting and welding ceramic forms are used to keep the thermite where it is needed. If these forms were not used the molten material would just flow away.

If you put a container of thermite on top of an I beam and ignighted it, it would just burn a small hole through the top flange of the beam and flow away. I know everyone has seen the video of the thermite burning through the car, but the clips posted on ATS don't show the entire video. When the thermite burns out there is just a small hole burned through the car. The majority of the flames comes from the flammable materials that the thermite encountered on its way through the car.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
TY, Griff, but what name should I post to search for the FEMA image?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The majority of the flames comes from the flammable materials that the thermite encountered on its way through the car.

OH, OK,

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

TY, Griff, but what name should I post to search for the FEMA image?

I'm not sure but if you go to page 2, Insolubrius's post has the working link to the photo. I couldn't get the link to work for my post.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join