It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No airfones on flight 77 -Olsen lied -

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The (probably) new attorney General lied .
The collect call he received from his wife were impossible to be made from flight 77.
No airfones on flight 77 this has been confirmed by AA
More on the link below

911blogger.com...

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What do you mean no phones? But Barbara did make the call to her husband. I even heard it on TV.
Hehe sorry mean joke but I heard before, her making a call would have been impossible now AA claims that the plane had no phones at all. Gee funny how this pops up now.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This revelation, if true, will be hard for some to accept for alot of reasons. It's simple and would expose the fact that some of what we've been told by the powers that be is false. Making it that much harder to believe anything about the "official" story, you know the one that keeps changing when inconsistencies are brought out "in the light".

That last little quote is for wizard in the woods

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Personally I think that a lot of false information gets planted in the truth movement simply to discredit us. So I would really love to see some positive proof that AA 757's didn't have airfones.

I am not saying it's not true, i am just saying that we should only spread around some irrefutable proof and this claim is hardly irrefutable at the moment.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
1) The claim is from DRG citing the book by those other guys, whose credibility I know nill of. He says they say it's from AA sources and true, but considering past precedent, I wouldn't put any weight on this leg 'till we see the evidentiary chain more clearly.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PepeLapew
So I would really love to see some positive proof that AA 757's didn't have airfones.

I whole-heartedly agree, if we do not have cold hard proof that there were no airphones on the flight, there is no point in pissing people off by telling them that Olsen has been lying the whole time. Calling someone out without the evidence sitting in front of you is somewhat arrogant in my opinion.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Apparently the airfones were largely removed in 2002, so maybe these guys asked if they had them now, but didn't clarify the 9/11 situation. See screwloosechange.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Any time any significant component is added or removed from an aircraft a Form 337 has to be added to the aircraft records and filed with the FAA. It would seem that all one would need to do is file an FOIA request with the FAA requesting 337's for that particular aircraft's serial number. That would determine beyond a shadow of a doubt whether airphones were or were not installed in the aircraft at the time of the incident.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Griffin is referring to this passage from Morgan and Henshall's 9/11 Revealed:

"American Airlines Boeing 757s were not equipped with in-flight satellite phones for passengers. A call by us to American Airlines' London Office produced a definitive statement from Laeti Hyver that 757s do not have Airfones. This was confirmed by an email from AA in the US."

This passage is preceded by different accounts of how the call was allegedly made (cell or airfone). According to Ted Olson, his wife made the call collect with an Airfone, and he presumed she did not have her purse on her.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
It would seem that all one would need to do is file an FOIA request with the FAA requesting 337's for that particular aircraft's serial number.

Yeah, unless the airfones were already installed directly from the factory, in this case you would not find a 337.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I was on yahoo stock boards at the time and going to satcomm stocks
for their usual mulling over news and technical reasons why the
stock was any good.

How advanced the product was didn't make the company a good investment
if the cash flow had problems.

Well an Air Force Officer said cell phones don't work from airliners
without an antenna installation. And others online knew that and stated
the installations were not complete or even requested or tested yet.

Perhaps the BLACK OPS had their air phone installations working but the
airliners installation did not take place. Those BLACK OPS are so advanced
with their aircomm but the airline industry was not there yet.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
True pepe... but it would be easy enough to determine if that were the case. But if they were later removed there would be a 337.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Mobile phones can too work in a plane, if you are are low altitudes.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
Mobile phones can too work in a plane, if you are are low altitudes.

No, cell phones can not work inside an airliner, even at low altitude and here's why:

As you move from one tower's range to the next the network transfers your signal from tower 'A' to tower 'B'. This process of transferring your signal from one tower to the next without interruptions in called a "hand-off" procedure. The hand-off procedure gets completed in approximately 15 to 35 seconds.

That's all fine if you are traveling in a car but when you are traveling in an airplane at 500 MPH by the time the network has handed-off your signal from tower 'A' to tower 'B' the plane is already over tower 'C' thus a successful connection becomes impossible.

You don't have to believe me on this one, get in a flight and try it yourself, it can't be done. Heck, you don't even have to buy a ticket, just sent your phone to a friend via air-mail and try to contact your own cell phone while it is being flown away. Don't take my word on this, just try it yourself.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Here is part of the real story. Notice the date, 2002. If there were no phones don't you think someone from the airline flight attendents, pilots, ground crew, mechanics, and passangers might have said something.

American Airlines to End AT&T In-Flight Phone Service.

COPYRIGHT 2002 Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Byline: Dan Reed

Feb. 7--FORT WORTH, Texas--With more travelers saying hello on cell phones, American Airlines passengers can say goodbye to in-flight phones.

The nation's largest airline is pulling the plug on its air-to-ground phone service, effective March 31.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by numb99
Here is part of the real story. Notice the date, 2002. If there were no phones don't you think someone from the airline flight attendents, pilots, ground crew, mechanics, and passangers might have said something.

American Airlines to End AT&T In-Flight Phone Service.

COPYRIGHT 2002 Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Byline: Dan Reed

Feb. 7--FORT WORTH, Texas--With more travelers saying hello on cell phones, American Airlines passengers can say goodbye to in-flight phones.

The nation's largest airline is pulling the plug on its air-to-ground phone service, effective March 31.

This does not address if 757/767 AA jets ever had airfones installed at all. Just because an article says they are ending the service in general, does not mean it ever existed on all of their planes.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here is a picture from Airliners.net showing the inside of an American Airlines 757 WITH Airphones.

The picture was taken in December of 1998, so it's possible they may have been removed, but the did have them at least in 1998.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by stealthyone]

Airliners.net is not direct link friendly, please click the link above.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Any time any significant component is added or removed from an aircraft a Form 337 has to be added to the aircraft records and filed with the FAA. It would seem that all one would need to do is file an FOIA request with the FAA requesting 337's for that particular aircraft's serial number. That would determine beyond a shadow of a doubt whether airphones were or were not installed in the aircraft at the time of the incident.

Dude! I am not gonna personally do this, but it's great to have leads like that for anyone that does want to check this out. The magic of interconnectedness...

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have used mobile phones in aircraft at low altitude. I remember even making one at 10,000 ft in 97, but that was in the analog days and I have not had any luck doing that lately.

An airliner is probably not going to be able to hold together at 500 miles per hour at low altitude. That is close to its high altitude cruise speed. That is way over its (never exceed) speed at low altitude, probably doesnt have the power to get that fast.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is from a previous thread of mine.......
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I live in Phoenix AZ and recently flew to Burbank California for a two day business trip. While giving the pre-flight instructs for seatbelts ect they ask that after we reach cruising altitude you may turn on your cell phones, but to make sure they get turned to game and airport mode only. So thinking to myself hey if you can turn them on THEN turn it to airport mode it really wouldnt affect the aircraft because if it was harmfull they wouldnt even let you turn it on period. So i decide to try a 9/11 experiment. Can i make an outgoing call at cruising altitude. I have the Virgin Mobile "Slice" Virgin mobile is a digital PCS network that actually uses Sprint's PCS network to make and receive calls anywhere sprint has coverage. So on the flight to Burbank i left my phone "ON" in my breast pocket just to monitor my signal bars. Sometimes 4 bars, averaged 2 bars, and occasionally zero bars. That was it. So on my return flight i called my sister before i left and told her if she gets a call from me to make sure she answers the phone. After the Captain stated we had reached our cruising altitude of 33,000 feet and were some 350 miles away from Phoenix I looked at my signal strength and it was 2-3 bars without ever losing signal. I hit the send button and waited. After it tried to connect my screen flased the 00:00 (Call Timer) and didnt connect. i tried for a total of ten times, and every time, even though i had plenty signal strength, never connected once. Everytime was 00:00 and would not connect. My sister said her phone didnt ring once with my number. Just my own personal experiment. Not an End all Tell all on cell phone usage mid-flight at 33,000 feet. Do i think multiple people got thru on that fateful day? Doubtful IMHO. Take it for what its worth, one small piece of the puzzle

top topics

<<   2 >>

join