It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Psychological Operation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Planes have the most powerful effect on the human mind. The thought of being in a hijacked plane invokes fear of heights and so on. Terrorists acts are pyschological warfare by nature. The entire idea is to make it as traumatic as possible so that it gets people attention and so on.

From the 'gubment did it' view, the plane(s)crashing live on tv, and the total destruction of the towers were essential for ensuring the most successful PSYOP possible to catalyze the public the way it did afterwards. If the towers didn't fall it wouldn't have been even half as dramatic / traumatic / successful. Also important was having EVERYONES full and complete attention on the event when the towers did fall. If they would have just fallen 'on their own', all of the sudden, with maybe only some random obscure footage (that probably wouldn't have been shown right away anyways), the resulting psyop effect wouldn't have been even remotely comparable to how it ended up.

If the government did do it it would set an entire new prescident in psyops, as if the new prescident of the 'simple' 'gubment didnt do it' wasn't big enough. It would be like 'doublemindf#*$'. Maybe it was.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Although I agree with you that the use of planes has the biggest psychological effect, but I think that 2 of the biggest buildings in the world just collapsing in the middle of a normal Tuesday (i think) morning would have had a huge psyc. effect as well....

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
yep i get your point but the fact that it was on tv, was the most important. everyone watched a very traumatic event on tv and it was live.

if it was not on tv, we would of forgot about it long ago, just look at all the other things we just forget about, with the busy world we live in today.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is a good observation. Though I never put it together that it looked like a demo (I don't even think I knew what a CD loked like then), I remember on 9/11 feeling like it was too convenient, sealed the horror, buried the evidence, lent a finality. Recovery efforts would continue but be percieved as futile. The sorrow and loose ends phase could then quickly turn to purple American fury and imperial mobilization. This direct external threat was clean, sudden, total, obvious, and widely percieved. Psychologically it worked very well.

Now how does this psyop effect line up with the terrorist's motives? Did they expect us to take such a terrifying gut shot and curl up and surrender as the hawks have insisted? Or were they meaning to ensure rapid and total retaliation by giving us no other option besides a yawning abyss of horror? Cowing or provoking? (hint: an answer will have to take account of US citizen psych and terrorist interpretations of it, etc).

And the pervading post-9/11 sense of "they can hit us anywhere, any time" and so we gotta go on the defensive - how is it the sense of vulnerability carries over to now despite the fact that air defense/intel defense is NOT full of holes, but clearly OPENED for the attack, and all the latches are on the inside? How did the terrorist network know this would happen and ensure the success of their dubious psyop attack?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
That's interesting. I just missed seeing the 2nd impact live, but then I was glued to my big screen all day. I never even questioned the towers collapse, and figured the WTC7 was from the total destruction down there. I was also watching all of the 'propaganda' which was already being spewed all day (osama, jet fuel, they attacked our freedom, etc) that went along with the traumatic points already mentioned.
My little 12y/o at the time brother came home from school late in the afternoon. He wasn't exposed to any of it, of course they heard about it at school, but they didn't watch it, or the related propaganda, over and over and over like me my mom and my uncle -who seen the same stuff and came over later(who's a JFK conspiracy theorist from way back)- did. Little bro said "bombs brought those down" after short of exposure. We were all like "no way"! We wouldn't even listen to him. He was young sure, but the other differnce was he wasn't exposed to the 'same event' as we were. The only thing is I can't remember for sure whether or not he was talking about WTC7, but he may have as he normally didn't get home from school till about 4:30 back then.

Originally posted by Caustic Logic
Now how does this psyop effect line up with the terrorist's motives? Did they expect us to take such a terrifying gut shot and curl up and surrender as the hawks have insisted? Or were they meaning to ensure rapid and total retaliation by giving us no other option besides a yawning abyss of horror? Cowing or provoking? (hint: an answer will have to take account of US citizen psych and terrorist interpretations of it, etc).

Originally posted by IIBThe reasons are rather blatent yet basic: we're all indoctrinated with imperialist propaganda our entire lives, and it simply goes unquestioned. From there, constant "reinforcing" propaganda is used, as evidenced on and constantly after 9/11.

It's the 'first proof' they lied about 9/11, within hours of the collapses, and continue to do so. American Imperialism is the source of the hatred for America and the intent behind the hijackers. Some could argue that it therefore proves that 9/11 wasn't a conspiracy, however this view doesnt contradict the LIHOP theory whatsoever, and even in the MIHOP case it could be a scenario of "Osama" exploiting that hatred for gathering his goons.
"Freedom" = Imperialism: It's in the Language

They still haven't come clean on their lies that we were attacked for our freedoms. In the eyes of the Islamic terrorists maybe they thought Americans would finally wise up to the fact that we're the worlds tyrannical imperialist state, and that we'd finally get the hint that it's brewing the deepest hatred.
With Aymen Al Zawahiri having been a professor in psychology and Al Qaeda's 'propaganda minister' an educated guess would lean towards him knowing better than to think that our imperialist indoctrination wouldn't be furthered to take US to an all new-level of ethnocentric global domination.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

top topics

join