It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you miss this? Half of Titan images "lost"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I've become increasingly skeptical of NASA. They've admitted to withholding information from the public for various reasons. From an intelligence perspective, "failure" is an excellent cover story - we don't have to share what doesn't officially exist. I wonder what the first images might have shown us?

www.spaceflightnow.com...

"Scientists elated with quality of Huygens data
A missing computer command - apparently the result of human error - caused the loss of half the pictures taken by Europe's Huygens probe as it descended to the surface of Saturn's moon Titan. But project officials said Saturday the 350 pictures that made it back, along with high-quality data from the spacecraft's other instruments and unexpected measurements by Earth-based radio telescopes, should fulfill all of the mission's primary objectives."

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Here is a promise I will make and a promise we as the human race on Earth will find to be true if we all live long enough. Life absolutely exists on Titan including humanoids, structures, statues monuments, water, water ports, and spacecraft and spacecraft ports. Methane does exist when biological lifeforms pass gas on Titan. Liquid methane I do not buy that, but I do believe in liquid or frozen H2O on Titan.

Titan photos lost LOL or I should say hidden from the public. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
In case you're wondering why I posted this in the UFO forum...

I think it's possible that:

1 NASA now has proof that life exists on other worlds in our solar system.

2 The political and cultural implications prevent disclosure.

3 Our government is aware of non-terrestrial intelligent life in our solar system.

4 Our scientists are in the process of confirming this independently.

5 This delivery mechanism is part of a bigger effort to protect our civilization.

6 Our government is divided on official disclosure.

...that's why I posted this here. Everything really does seem to be unfolding right in front of our eyes if we just pay attention. There are news items on a broad range of fronts. We are so close to getting there.

Maybe this is why the current administration is working so hard to unravel things - they know that the sovereignty of countries is only an evolutionary step in the growth of mankind. It's no more relevant to our future than a king.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by blue grass]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
NASA is a peice of garbage. They are just here to slowly acclimate the human population into accepting that there are ET's. My guess is that over the next 100 years or so, NASA will slowly release proof of ET intelligence and they will make it seem like they just found out about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Here is a promise I will make and a promise we as the human race on Earth will find to be true if we all live long enough. Life absolutely exists on Titan

[...]

What do you even base this on?

You claim with such unwaving certainty that all of this exists, but on what grounds?

Why assume that this theoretical life has evolved in such a way to facilitate the need and/or desire for monuments, spaceports, spacecraft, etc?

Making such lofty claims with a lack of evidence (or reason) only adds fuel to the 'crackpot' view of UFOlogy. If individuals, like yourself, want to be taken seriously then perhaps the UFOlogy community should take swift and certain actions by which to uproot and remove those within their ranks who make unfounded claims.

And on the topic of the OP: No individual or orginization is perfect. Why should we assume that the photos were hidden? Why can we not even entertain the possibility that a mistake was made and photos were lost?

I am not saying that we should not question. Nor am I saying that the official story should be taken at face value. But for individuals who claim to 'deny ignorance' and often scratch at the faces of those who assume the opposite of their world view...there is a disturbing amount of assumption being tossed about as fact.

After all: Mistakes happen and even the largest of titans are not free from error.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Existence is here for one reason: to promote life in wide variety.

Biological machines arrange themselves through various cause and effect relationships. Perhaps they are created? Life, however, exists everywhere. I would be willing to bet that there is a sentiency associated with the Sun, and virutally every other planetary body in the solar system (Pluto...that leaves you out, sorry
LOL).

Egocentricity aside, why question the existence of life? If you say "Use earth as your model, oxygen, blah blah blah", i would say that using Earth as my model, life exists whereever it possibly can hang on, which is everywhere.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
My answer is in the first paragraph of the first post on this thread.

"I've become increasingly skeptical of NASA. They've admitted to withholding information from the public for various reasons. From an intelligence perspective, "failure" is an excellent cover story - we don't have to share what doesn't officially exist. I wonder what the first images might have shown us?"

Tell me skepticism isn't healthy.

If some people can be skeptical of individuals who have seen or experienced something personally, I can certainly be skeptical of an institution that has a record of withholding discoveries. As a recent example, I just read that the hexagon at Saturn's north pole was first discovered 2 years ago but only just announced to the public. NASA doesn't know what it is but is quick to say what it isn't. That's not science. It's prejudiced opinion.

I have no personal evidence to support my claims in the later post. My personal opinions on extraterrestrial life are subjective. I'd say yours are too. Nothing can be proven or disproven given what we know. Still, it doesn't stop us from speculating, does it?

[edit on 29-4-2007 by blue grass]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Here is a promise I will make and a promise we as the human race on Earth will find to be true if we all live long enough. Life absolutely exists on Titan including humanoids, structures, statues monuments, water, water ports, and spacecraft and spacecraft ports. Methane does exist when biological lifeforms pass gas on Titan. Liquid methane I do not buy that, but I do believe in liquid or frozen H2O on Titan.

lol, How would you possibly know these things to be true? Have you been to Titan? Have you seen pictures or video of these things you mention? Otherwise you just have an imagination and need to stick to the sci-fi...

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue grass
Tell me skepticism isn't healthy.

If some people can be skeptical of individuals who have seen or experienced something personally, I can certainly be skeptical of an institution that has a record of withholding discoveries.

Ah, and that is fine and well. However, being skeptical does not mean throwing out both sides of the argument.

If one is to be skeptical of either NASA or the case for UFOs then one must entertain the idea that both sides of each respective story must be considered. To simply assume that NASA is hiding things (based on history or individual cases of) without allowing for the possibility that the other outcome (that they did simply loose them) may be true is not being skeptical. I would suggest that it is simply choosing a side in an unclear circumstance and calling this skepticism.

So, if you are to claim skepticism then your argument should not rule out either outcome of an unclear circumstance. A decision on 'what really happened' should not be presented until irrefutable information lends credence to either side. Such is the nature of skepticism.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sorry Spines, the original photo has been altered and is not the same photo I viewed originally from the Titan landscape. The photo in question must be one of the photos that is missing. I will learn the next time to save hard to find photos. The Titan landscape along the shoreline has been browned out from the original photo including the hitech looking lighthouse.

Spines that is O.K. you do not have to believe what I say that is on Titan, but have faith that it is true just like we all have faith in NASA and ESA. Hopefully we will all live long enough to see it come to pass in truelife. Rik Riley

[edit on 29-4-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Blue Grass-Agree with you 100%. NASA is definitely not forthcoming with what is really going on. Just like how the achive footage of the first moonwalk has 'disappeared' from their headquarters, and no one has a clue what happened to it. How do you lose footage of what is perhaps the most important event of the entire 20th century?

NASA is nothing more than a puppet of big brother, so they will reveal NOTHING and cover up everything, just like the powers that be do.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
"images lost" ....hmm okiedokie

"human error"...... allright we're all supporting you esa heads

[edit on 29-4-2007 by themaster1]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
the probe belongs to ESA not NASA

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
the probe belongs to ESA not NASA

you're 100% right i got confused

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Photos lost...mwahahah yeah right!

Here's what we need to do...

"Someone" actually needs to take on the role of a real-life action hero like we see in the movies and get a job with NASA...maybe just an administrative assistant.

Work the job long enough and make enough mistakes to in the end justify getting fired.

Meanwhille, plant one of these:

That's a USB keylogger, it'll save all keystrokes sent through it from the keyboard to the computer. Just go into some dudes office that has high clearance when he's on the pisser and install it under his desk...

Then, once you have the passwords for the computer, use a pod-slurping program on an ipod mini...

A U.S. security expert who devised an application that can fill an iPod with business-critical data in a matter of minutes is urging companies to address the very real threat of data theft.

Beware the 'pod-slurping' Employee

Then we'd finally get some answers!

I mean, it works in the movies ... right?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
NASA does have an image problem. They have a lot of failures. I doubt that this one was on purpose, just more shoddy performance. Having said that, they are tasked with a high profile job and one would expect a better showing.

A long held joke is that NASA stood for Never A Straight Answer.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
So NASA has lost:

- the original moon tapes
- 50% of the Titan photographs

Have they "lost" anything else ?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
...found this post, interesting we recently got new images of Titan,
but radar images -- seems like some fishy is happening there -- whereas
we get photos of the.... oh, what's the point?! NASA obvious coverup.....

Coverdown?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Its not only a cover up, its a deceit on a global scale.

I dont know how many years it will take for human kind to get to know the truth about the things that have been covered up in the last 60 years, but once they do find out, they will be very shocked and realize how the development of our world in a healthy direction has been kept on pause for greed and profit for all this time.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Guys, it really is more than likely, considering the complexity and the shear amount of personnel involved in such projects, that it was a mistake and things like this happen all the time.

How many of you have been in a multidisciplinary, multi-institutional, multi-corporation, complicated engineering and system project where everything has gone 100%, I mean 100%, correct the first time, every time? Didn't think so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join