It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9-11 ignorance

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Also, before you claim "the fire only melted the rubber mounts" and that this whole thing is just media sensationalism, you might consider presenting your argument before someone who hasn't seen the bridge site personally during the demolition and repair. I can assure you that some of the steel did indeed melt, although the amount of melted steel was very low, however there was a lot of warped steel. i never said "the fire melted the bridge" or attempted to make any such claim.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PolishWonder
Jet fuel burns at 980degrees C, gasoline at 820. One could conclude that it is therefore possible for the beams in the WTC to melt as a result of fires in the building.

Problem is that the NIST and FEMA reports both state the fires were not hot enough to melt steel. Most of the jet fuel was burned off in the intail explosion, what was left burned off quickly leaving only normal office fires which did not get hot enough to weaken the steel beams or to cause the molten steel found in the basements.

And yes being Crew Chief i know about and have been to crash scenes. Being a federal police officer i have had training in emergency incident management and crime scenes. We still do not have the FBI and NTSB crime scene reports on any of the 911 crime scenes.

[edit on 8-5-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PolishWonder
This is just getting silly. Everyone wants what they think they know to be the truth. The fact of the matter is that the San Francisco incident shows that a simple fuel fire can cause enough melting, bending, and warping of a structure to cause it to collapse. That was my point. You decided to look for an argument. I was trying to point out that a generally unaccepted explanation of what happened at the WTC could be as simple as some of us would like it to be, and unlike most people at ATS that attempt to just argue, I was providing a reference. I would like to get back to the issue at hand before this thread gets hijacked.

So do you have the NTSB report that supports your theory?

[edit on 8-5-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Was there molten steel at the bridge?

No.

Was there a fiery explosion at the time of the tipping of WTC tops to
start the collapse.

Yes. Thats in the video evidence.

Was there molten steel days later?

Yes.

Would some added ingredient like thermite help to do this in any way?

Yes.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join