It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is something very important you must know.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I will only post here once. This message is all I am here to deliver. You will not be able to find out who I am, so you should not even waste time trying. I tell you this so that you may help yourself, and avoid being infected.

This site, like many other on the web, are monitored by many people and groups.

What you must understand is that information is capable of acting as a vector for very serious infections that can negatively affect the human mind. Most of you already know this because you are aware of internet viruses. But I am talking about something much more dangerous. An infection that affects you, a human being, not merely your computer. I know there are some here who will not believe me, and to them I would suggest you google "meme theory" or "memetics". I hope this will be enough for you to take this warning seriously.

There are many groups and people who wish to infect as many people as they can. Not all of them are governments or government agents. Some are non-government entities who simply seek to debilitate people, make them susceptible to their control, or the simplest and least harmful reason being to separate people from their money and thereby enrich themselves. Virtually all of these people operate on the internet, most often trying to convince people of far-out conspiracy theories or other such scams which can never be positively proven.

What you must understand is that the human being must ingest information to survive just as it must ingest food and water to survive. And just like spinach that is infected with e-coli can cause damage to your body, or prions that are in CJD-infected meats can cause damage to your health, so can false and harmful information infect your mind. Most times, however, the host will never know that they are infected with a viral meme. Viral memes have always existed throughout the history of mankind, but because communication was slow in past ages, these viral memes were limited in how quickly and how broadly they could spread. It took the inventions of the printing press, the telegraph, the telephone, the computer, and now the world-wide web to continually improve the vector that transmits viral memes. Now viral memes are literally infecting vast numbers of people every single day, and many do not even realize it. I point you to the bible. Seek the words in the bible that talks about the "false prophet" that appears on the scene prior to the final return of the messiah, who will usher in the New Age of the Creator. This "false prophet" is not a mortal human being, and it is not a single entity. What the bible is describing are the conditions that we see here, now, around us. The "false prophet" was merely a way to explain to people who came before the internet that a great many people would become infected by viral memes that would cause them to believe things that are not true.

I do not wish to bring you a message of futility. I do not wish for you to think there is no hope, for there is always hope as long as each human being seeks truth and can verify it as such with their own senses IN ADDITION TO YOUR INTUITION. All of the world religions were created to control mankind, and therefore represent some of the very first viral memes. Beware anyone or any idea passed on to you that merely asks you to be faithful or to believe something without proving it to yourself, with extensive and multiple forms of corroborating evidence. The principles of the scientific method must be rigorously followed if you are to avoid being infected with a viral meme. Do not fall prey to those who would have you believe that "just because someone cannot prove that something is NOT true, that it could therefore be true." This is the oldest trap in the book, and you will see that the strong scientific method does not allow for belief without proof. The scientific method rejects those who claim that something may be true as long as no one can prove it false. This is illogic and it does not follow the natural laws you see in the universe around you.

I will continue to spread this word, as this is the reason that I was sent to this earth. I wish each and every one of you human beings the strength to avoid infection by the many viral memes that are propagating around your planet. There are many forms of life in the universe, and all such forms who have advanced past the stage you find yourselves have had to pass through this same time of viral meme propagations. I honestly and sincerely wish that all the strength of the forces of creation will be on your side, and allow you to avoid infection. If you stay strong and avoid viral meme infections, your species will be transformed and the being you will evolve into will take its rightful place among the communities of our mutual universe.

Kin Jay Eee,
Windham Earl

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Man,its not enough that I have to worry about the nwo.terrorist attacks ,governments taking away our freedoms and now this?When is there ever gonna be a bright side?BTW, if you are not human then what exactly are you and where did you come from?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
In reference to your last paragraph, you are saying that human kind is being held back singularly because of viral memes? Because of false facts?

If so, then simply eliminating electricity from this planet would be one method of effectively countering these memes. But I would, at first glance, take that to be a step backward.
Not meaning to be boorish at all here, but your entire post was a bit vague. You recommended turning to science as a way of recognizing viral memes, but science deals with specifics, and your post seems to have very few of these.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I am uncomfortable with the fact that you state you will only post once , very cloak and dagger technique. Your statements are what I call attempted mind controll. I will google it still. A little truth can be very dangerous.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Call me overly suspcious if you'd like but the impression I get from people who post profound things and then leave immediately is that they do not, or can not, answer questions.

The issue then becomes why you won't answer the questions that you know your post is going to elicit.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It seems to me that the OP is itself attempting a viral meme with this very thread.

However for the sake of discussion:
Meme

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Funny. I wrote aproximately the same thing to a friend on MySpace yesterday, it was about saving the world, rescueing the planet... can it be done? Not within this generation, but maybe the next.

What are we? Blank slates, when still in our mother's body. As it is impossible to NOT communicate (because NOT-communication is still a form of communication), these blank slates are written on with everything that happens around us. It's like input, output on a computer.

You can't expect wheat output on a field if you plant (input) potatoes.

What's the input we confront our youth with these days? Spongebob Squarepants, school education, cool cars, gangsta rap, consumerism... all sorts of ideologies... they get toy weapons to play with and learn of a planet full of wars, conflicts and fears... that is the info their brains process. What do we expect then? That they go and fulfill our dream of a better world, our hope for paradise on earth?

So yes, I think the OP is right. We can only process and generate output (words, thoughts, actions, feelings) with what we put in. If it's conspiracy theories we put in our brains, that's obviously what our mind will be preoccupied with.

So if it's a better world we wish, we must generate input for peace, love, happiness, joy, hope for us and our children. I know this sounds very much like "The Secret", just with some computer tech speak. But honestly, it's quite obvious, isn't it? I see no sense in argueing that, just because he used the word "meme". He could have used Sheldrakes "morphogenetic fields" as well and still say the same thing :-)

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Akareyon]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I think this thread is gonna have a hard time... maybe it's just me.
The meme ideas are hard to comprehend since they include so many factors and yet want to seem so simple.
This alone makes it hard for me to judge if anything, by the ideas of meme, is good... or bad.

After being stuck in that cycle for a while a fall back to believe, that what I believe in this moment right here right now is right for me and I won't follow or be influenced by things I consider bad.

Besides I am one of those who like the above poster believes in positive reinforcement and the law of attraction.

Someone said that the OP could be one of the very viral suppliers that he mentions. That thought actually popped into my head too after trying to consume the first post.
Although, I kinda liked the idea that the OP precisely said that religion is negative meme... I concur on that 110%.

Could another simpler way of saying things be:
- We decide for us selves what to believe and support, so why not try to achieve what we want through positive thoughts?

Edit: hm ok, just read it again... "Turn to the bible..." O_o How can he use a questionable scripture as the source of his example if religion is one the reasons for bad meme? That's pretty selfcontradictive... except if you're a christian trying to subtley reinforce christian views...

[edit on 20/4/07 by flice]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
While I find the overall thrust of the message questionable, I have to agree with his/her thoughts on the scientific method. all too often people blindly throw their faith behind things that they just shouldn't, and it damages them, and possibly the species as a whole, as well as the idea they're trying to represent. We need to look for evidence, if not direct and substantial, at least circumstantial evidence from various sources that one would expect for a real phenomenon. all too often, especially on ATS, I see people throwing the full weight of their belief behind something without even bothering to stop and give it careful analysis.

If we're going to work to 'deny ignorance' then we need to put blind faith aside. Intuition is one thing, but blind faith in something is ignorance at it's best, whether it be in a religion, a conspiracy theory, the latest UFO video set to creepy X-files music, or whatever. I'm not saying we need a dozen photos from different angles and an autopsy report for every cryptid that shows up, but one blurry film or story from a camper does not make a strong case, and we need to be careful not to get caught up in cases that have practically nothing going for them, in terms of evidence (circumstantial or otherwise) or logic.

Now that I've gotten my rant out, I'll shut up and prepare to get yelled at for being a 'disinfo agent' 'sheep' and 'skeptic'.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
On the contrary... I believe you made a good statement there.

We have the posibility now more than ever to make proper shots and videos of evidence that would strengthen the idea of disclosure.

My experience from showing people what I have come believe by supplying evidence via blurry photos or questionable videos is that they think I'm even more bonkers than they did in the first place

I too am a believer... but we should try to prove ourselves carefully and thought through, then if we after that come up with evidence it will be even harder to dismiss.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
"Windham Earl" is a character from Twin Peaks.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
this guy must be a nut hes talkin crap

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
well maybe not the meme stuff but him being sent here i dont think so

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Okay... some of you internet wiz's... any chance of a trace of this guy to see where he's posting from etc. I'm just curious...

As far as what he posted..... um yeah.. okay.

Sent here to earth to deliver the message... where o where did he come from

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Why does it matter where he came from?

There is validity in the message. Why not listen to it?

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Why does it matter where he came from?

There is validity in the message. Why not listen to it?

NO NO... I understand what the message is trying to say... I'm just curious what part of the earth someone "not of this earth" chooses to live...

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
You know, I really thought long and hard before I posted on this one, mainly because I was enjoying the show so much. All of the above posts were well thought out, well, most were anyway. And I am impressed by those who replied so earnestly.

There's only one small flaw to all of this. Only the insane cannot control their thoughts. Any 'infection', if it can be seen as that, would therefore be benign. As long as the infection cannot attain control, the best it can do is replicate, and if intelligent enough, seek more fertile fields. (This is of course assuming that it can also have motives.)

There was some years ago a rather bad 'b' movie about a certain phone number that could cause you to die if you ever dialed it up. And then the later movie "The Ring'. Both of these worked on the same principle as was used by the OP, with this 'target' audience, by having it geared so that the story would have the most appeal to the scientifically paranoid.

I would suspect one of your brighter associates of having many chuckles over this, as did I. It just goes to prove that even the best minds can be played with.

Then, on the other hand, I could be a force for darkness just wanting to lull you into a sense of relaxation so that you can be more easily infected.

Time will tell.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
If you're gona reference twin peaks at least spell "windom" right

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
the biggest viral meme is the media, the internet is the vaccine

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This may be a dead thread, but the poster made several interesting comments which you have to take in context to the site, the poster and the possible responses. He may only be looking for people that understand his message, or there may be messages within his post meant for only one person, who knows really, but the memes and idea's behind them are very valid. Cliff of Half Past human has found evidence of deliberate meme tampering by organized groups.
Adventures in Future Viewing
As heard on Coast to Coast. This tool has obviously been used for a long time as another system of controls, and he's right about the internet making the dissemination of mems much, much faster.

I found what he said to be enlightening. Difficult to put aside the filters which pickup these memes to be sure, but Intuition is a great key in questioning what you think you know. Nothing is as it seems and nothing is as it appears.

Just check out the anagrams of his name!
Anagram website

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join