It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Anonymous Posts: BUSH FOR A 3RD TERM???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_109572
Is it possible for the next election, that bush will remain in power due to some onforseen event that will take place in the coming months. Martial law would be instilled and elections to be suspended??? It seems like a whole lot of things have happened this yr and last, certain people put into higher places, what good would they serve under a new chief? Just a thought....

I made this a topic, to see what others thought of this.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Impossible. US Presidents can only hold 2 terms. There will be absolutely nothing that can happen that will give bush a 3rd term.

Even if there was another 911 event there will still be an election and bush cannot run.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
if that were to happen than I would hope citizens would finally wake up and see that the government is corrupt.

kind of reminds me of the star wars prequals where chancellor palpatine stayed in office well past his term and used that corruption to build an empire...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If Bush enters a third term, for any reason, we should follow on Jefferson's statement:

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You do know that Star Wars is...uhhh...ummmm....JUST A MOVIE...right?

Anyway wouldn't it be great IF President George Bush could stay in office another term?

Here are just 4 out of hundreds of reasons we should allow our great commander and chief to remain our leader for years to come.

1. Just think about it for a moment. We have not had a terror attack on our soil for close to 6 years.

2. We get to go from country to country whooping the ass of islam.

3. The rich keep getting richer and some day I will be that rich so I need financial protection of the wealthy that Bush and Company provides.

4. I like the fact that someone who is a bigger dullard than I can achieve such status, so there is still hope for me.

M.Agenda!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
American propaganda machine in full swing.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

I am NOT a machinist, a propagandist, a swinger or full of anything.

I AM great at sarcasam and I AM an evil mind clown. You will love me!

Thank you...thank you very MUCH!

M.Agenda!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Its never going to happen, he would have to pass another bill to do that. Christ, the democrats are bucking him on the money for the war, you honestly think that the Democrats would let that happen.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

I second that assessment.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midwest Agenda

I don't know if this is sarcasm, ironic or whatever, but i think it's time for you to get a "warn" by some mod, because almost every message you've posted contains .. let's just say too much bs, arrogance and a little Nazism.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
U.S. Presidents can serve a maximum of two terms... Please stop posting garbage on this website, I only have so much time in a day.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by brigand]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by absente

Originally posted by Midwest Agenda

I don't know if this is sarcasm, ironic or whatever, but i think it's time for you to get a "warn" by some mod, because almost every message you've posted contains .. let's just say too much bs, arrogance and a little Nazism.

He claimed sarcasam, but i would say he is just telling it like it is.

If america does not woop islams ass, then they are economically finished.

"a little nazism"? give me a break, and america is not a nazi nation?

if it were not for violence against other nations, america would not be where it is today. and to vote a president for a third term just to contiunue a path of distruction sounds just like what 50% of americans want and what the other 50% deny they NEED?

Just accept that the american government will do what ever it decides is right, and americans will inheritly follow no question asked. it happens again and again and will continue to do so until the end.

this guy puts things into perspective.

"Keith Olberman Explains How all your Right's Have Been Taken"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I do believe I read somewhere in a history book during high school that a president CAN stay more than one term, just not in the "voted in" way... heheeheh "voted in."
That was is: State of emergency
Example:WW2
If he can get a HUGE problem going, lets the elite stage a bigger "grander" 9-11 then he can declare a state of emergency and stay in office past his term. Basically a state of war, which Iraq and Afghanistan is not enough to fill right now. They need something BIGGER.

What is the second? MARTIAL LAW! Only under martial law can he stick around for more than 2 terms, besides after that he has taken the last step and become a full fledged tyrant.

It would be interesting to see him stick around for 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 terms no? I wonder how long it would take people to snap out of it and realize that they are being screwed... Then how long before the protests drop the signs and do as Thomas Jefferson said "refresh the tree of liberty" quite literally.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_109572
Is it possible for the next election, that bush will remain in power due to ....

NO.

I'd leave it at that but the mods would nail me with a 10 point deduction/slap on the wrist for a one line answer.

No - it is NOT possible. Not at all. Period. Whoever this 'anon' poster is - he/she is either ignorant of the laws of the country or is trying to stir up trouble ... or both.

Since the OP asked -
is what I think of it (and most anon posts too)

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
WOW GEE I SURE WISH PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANNOT VOTE IN HER ELECTIONS WOULD KEEP THEIR OPINIONS TO THEMSELVES AND DEAL WITH THEIR PISSPOT COUNTRY.
oh... wait. i'm sorry. was that offensive? god forbid.

on a serious note it is ridiculous and reprehensible. i find it funny that it is so easy to beat up on american policy, and american "propaganda". jesus save us should there be mention of the fact your country is no better off.

[edit on 4-17-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Twenty-Second Amendment - Presidential Tenure

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...

So basically, the judicious use of Google would have precluded the need for this discussion. The ill conceived musings of the anonymous postings is sometimes best left for amusement, vice serious discussion.

Unless you are willing to assert that George Bush will willingly, and overtly violate the U.S. Constitution, and have the support to faciltate such a coup.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
[removed quote of entire previous post]

the mind of these type of *ahem* "Theorists" is fully capable of making that long walk off the short pier. some of them are fully expecting this from bush.

[edit on 4-17-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What do you mean a president can stay longer than his term using WWII as an example? We had normal elections throughout WWII, just the 22nd had not been passed yet and Roosevelt was free to continue seeking the office.

Heck, we had normal elections throughout a disaster WAY more devastating to the nation than 9/11 - the Civil War.

edit: spelling

[edit on 17-4-2007 by AlphaHumana]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Its all over the news and quietly spreading, he is indeed running for third term. Remember rules are meant to be broken. Read the first lines of the story...

When reminded that the 22nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution limits him to two terms, Bush had this to say:

"I have gone back and read that amendment. It does not apply to me for two reasons. First...

Read Full Story Here

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
To raise your credibility. :shk:

Perhaps you've read their "about" page?

Write your own Satire online!
We rely entirely on our readers to submit stories to The Spoof. All the material on The Spoof is submitted online, welcoming all kinds of exciting ideas and style of writing and writers to publish their thoughts! Our editorial team (when not making coffee) work hard to give you the best response to your work.

www.thespoof.com...

Nice work.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join