It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support the troops?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Consider the fact that our troops murdered over half a million innocent Iraqi civilians while lost themselves in comparison only 3K+ dead.

It is hard to be a US soldier today but it is still harder to be an Iraqi civillian. Moreover, many US soldiers have a choice: they have a contract that they can either terminate or at least not to extend when it expires. Iraqies do not have a choice but to stay in a mess that we created for them.

Why do I say this? Becasue it concerns me when I see our political leaders of both parties and average Americans being so deeply concerned with the loss of US soldiers but they never really care or talk of what happens to people in Iraq. Like they are not even people over there. Like, we, Americans, are better human beings who worth more.

I feel that when I say that I support our troops and stand in line with the majority of our nation which are essentially self-centered cowards.

God cannot possibly be on our side in this war. In fact, there is no war, we are the only enemy in Iraq. Saddam did not do as much damange in his whole life as we did in 3 years. We mass-murdered, destroyed the infrastructure on all levels, initiated the civil war. I bet most Iraqies would choose living with Saddam to having their country being fallen apart and controlled by US politically and economically.

Occasionally, I wonder why these so EXTRA nice to each other American Christians and their priests who deeply care for US troops never consider to send some help to those kids in Iraq whose parents were killed by our soldiers. That happens almost daily. You know what these nice people respond to that sort of question? "War is horrible, it has civillian casualties" or something along that line.

I am all for supporting our troops but I do have a problem with these Americans who carry on this slogan, because they appear to clearly think that they are a superior race of some sort.

Now, I am not saying that all Americans who support the troops are that way. Many have children, relatives and friends over there... but many do not. When I hear a story about a hardship of Amrican family having a son in Iraq, I want to tell another story of, 5 kids left alone for life because their parents were shot in front of them by a US soldier.

Should we support our troops and be in the herd of cowards or abandon the troops to be human?

Do you care?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Yes we should support our troops and to say otherwise is wrong.
Hating GWB is one thing but the troops is an other, they signed up to protect you not kill innocent Iraqis. And the troops have not killed a half mil like you say. Try about 10% of your figure.
www.iraqbodycount.org...

go a head and think what you want but when we invaded Iraq every man on the ground was convinced that it was the right thing to do and so did the majority of Americans, yes there was a lot of protesting pre war but the majority of Americans were convinced that it was the right thing to do.
Hind sight is 20/20, but don’t shout go get them before and then turn around and blame them for doing what they were told to do.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk
go a head and think what you want but when we invaded Iraq every man on the ground was convinced that it was the right thing to do and so did the majority of Americans, yes there was a lot of protesting pre war but the majority of Americans were convinced that it was the right thing to do.
Hind sight is 20/20, but don’t shout go get them before and then turn around and blame them for doing what they were told to do.

You don't need to defend US troops, buddy, I don't attack them in any way. They are doing what they are told - their job.

I am concerned with the attitude many Americans and politians have towards the deads of Iraqi civilians. Like it does not matter, all that matters are the lives of US soldiers. Can we talk about that instead of going off the subject with patriotic rethoric, please?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
ya, I'm concerned with some of the attitudes too....
they accuse anyone who speaks out against the war to aiding the terrorists and not supporting the troops, but then deny those very same troops the things they need while their on the battlefield, or after they get home missing arms, legs, and let's not forget sanity!!

they yell support the troops, but then they fail to where it's needed the most.

they proclaim the sanctity of life, but then, well, they fail to see the utter senselessness of this war.

makes one think, maybe their real interest is in their stock portfolio that's stocked full of big name arms manufacterers, haliburton and the like.

money is God!! and well, war is good for the financial aspects if you're in the right circumstances...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk
Try about 10% of your figure.
www.iraqbodycount.org...

I am sorry - I don't know who runs that site but it's simply wrong or just propaganda. Try this:

600,000 Dead in Iraq (UK Gov Admits It)

As for the question asked in this thread: YES, you should support them, because their doing their job, and it' too late to have second thoughts. Most of them will fight a long war (when they come home) with them selfs, as soon as they realize that they are responsible for over (estimated) 1.000.000 Iraqi deaths, 60% of them women and children.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
And there are similar concerns in the UK.

I take the view that UK troops are given orders based on policy decided and excuted by our elected leaders. If we are unhappy with the way troops are being deployed, then we as citizens need to take that up with our leaders, and not elect them again if we are unhappy.

I would question, Marbusse, if more damage has been done to Iraq since the fall of Saddam than during his time at the head of Iraq. Is this your view or do you have evidence to back this up. My view, is that damage has been done to Iraq and its people by the coliation, and I include the current Iraq administration. But more than Saddam?

Our troops are doing the job for which we are tax payers pay them for, and being in the military means taking orders and excuting of them, even if the troops do not like the orders.

Bottom line, the troops are doing the job as directed by the leaders we have elected. We should divorce support for our troops from support for our elected leaders and who they do in our name.

We, as citizens, has asked our troops to do a job, and no matter how we feel about the reasons for the task being done, the troops are doing a job. How many of us would do the same?

[edit on 9-4-2007 by Freedom ERP]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marbusse
Consider the fact that our troops murdered over half a million innocent Iraqi civilians while lost themselves in comparison only 3K+ dead.

I can't believe I am actually reading this. You actually think we are all murderers? Are you saying we should all be tried and sent to prison?

It is hard to be a US soldier today but it is still harder to be an Iraqi civillian. Moreover, many US soldiers have a choice: they have a contract that they can either terminate or at least not to extend when it expires. Iraqies do not have a choice but to stay in a mess that we created for them.

Have you ever served? If not, don't talk about how hard it is as you have no idea. We have a choice do we? Ever heard of stop-loss? Google it and enlighten yourself.

I feel that when I say that I support our troops and stand in line with the majority of our nation which are essentially self-centered cowards.

You support us by calling us murderers?

Now, I am not saying that all Americans who support the troops are that way. Many have children, relatives and friends over there... but many do not. When I hear a story about a hardship of Amrican family having a son in Iraq, I want to tell another story of, 5 kids left alone for life because their parents were shot in front of them by a US soldier.

Why don't YOU go over there and help them out if you feel so bad for them?

Do you care?

I cared enough to raise my hand and say that I would do what this nation needs me to do...even if that is protecting people such as yourself.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Consider the fact that our troops murdered over half a million innocent Iraqi civilians....

Can you support this claim that these people were murdered allied troops?

I would appreciate a reliable citation, if you don't mind.

[edit on 2007/4/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrepareForTheWorst

I can't believe I am actually reading this. You actually think we are all murderers? Are you saying we should all be tried and sent to prison?

No, soldiers are not murderers. Polititians are. I really did not mean to point a finger on soldiers and I have explained it earlier. Not sure if I should answer all your questions since they are really off the topic here.

Have you ever served? If not, don't talk about how hard it is as you have no idea. We have a choice do we? Ever heard of stop-loss? Google it and enlighten yourself.

Have you ever had members of your family killed by invadors in unfair war and for no reason and took away your chances for a decent and pieceful live after the war by destroying all of you country and putting it into a disarray? No? I will still let you talk abou it. I want to hear you tell me how is your life as a soldier (or someone you know) is so much harder. I did not say your life isn't hard, but I compared it to a civilian Iraqi. May be we get a book out of it, something a little more intelligent than Black Hawk Down or Saving Private Ryan. I am not serious about the book, but I hope you see my point.

Why don't YOU go over there and help them out if you feel so bad for them?

See, a person cannot be physically involved in everything he/she wants to do. I dont want to get personal either. Do YOU not feel bad about them? If you do, what is your attitude really about?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Consider the fact that our troops murdered over half a million innocent Iraqi civilians....

Can you support this claim that these people were murdered allied troops?

I would appreciate a reliable citation, if you don't mind.
[edit on 2007/4/11 by GradyPhilpott]

I believ that was an original article. There are more discussions going on about it if you search for it.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Should I have said "We ordered our troops to be the cause of 655,000 deaths?" No, we murdered them. (No personal blame on troops.)

top topics

join