It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge explosion in far away galaxy in 1998 = more power from all stars an suns in universe put togeth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

i think it could also be another smaller 'big bang' attempt that may have failed

What exactly caused the first Big Bang to begin with?

Deep

well seeing as we dont really know 100% for sure the big bang actually happened, we cant really prove what caused it (you cant prove what caused an event untill you prove the event occured) . however 'conventional' science (which i have learned to distrust but is the closest i have to a plausible explanation) it was a single atom, probably of an unknown matter that was extremely unstable. something caused this atom to decide to go terrorist and blow itself up, the difference is this atomic terrorist actually created everything. then again there are a billion different theories to explain the big bang so take your pick anycould be right (assuming the big bang is right)

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Read a little furthur

Sorry. My bad...I missed that somehow.

[Edited on 12-29-2003 by Satyr]

These are a few of the more than 300 calculations of the speed of light.

1657: Roemer 307,600. +/- 5400 km/sec
1875: Harvard 299,921. +/- 13 km/sec
1983: NBS (laser method): 299,792.4358 +/- 0.0003 km/sec

I would like to know what the speed will be when measured in 2083.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Would the recent Paralell universe discoveries have anything to do with all of this?

Deep

Discoveries? I didn't know of any discoveries. I was under the impression that parallel universes were speculative. Even philosophical. By no means are they proven, or is there discoveries (at least in the way I think you are implying).

Where did you get the information on the discoveries?

<< 1   >>

join