It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Mechanics responds to Rosie the Ranter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The National Company, Kuwait. Removal of war-damaged oil storage tanks in Kuwait.

» BP Chemical, OH. Removal of vessels, reactors and soil contaminated with depleted uranium.

» Citgo Petroleum Corporation, FL. Complete demolition of six buildings, thirteen above-ground storage tanks
and a vapor recovery unit.

» UNOCAL, TX. Asbestos abatement and demolition of entire refinery, including heaters, tanks, towers, vessels,
equipment and piping from four crude units, a FCCU, an alkylation unit and six other process units.

» Exxon, LA. Disassembly of a fire-damaged four-drum coker unit, including derricks, drums, concrete structure
and ancillary equipment.

» Phelps Dodge (Western Nuclear Company), WA. Demolition of a uranium mill, including handling radioactive
Ayellow cake@ material.
This tells me that one of your guys that contributed to the PM artical has some deep ties to big oil and we all know who also has ties to big oil?

Ron Dokell www.demolitionassociation.com...

[edit on 31-3-2007 by tsloan]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
God forbid anyone makes money, it must be illegal. Are you guys jealous?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stateofgrace
1. Evidence?

2 Evidence?

3. NIST will release a final report this year.

4. Nonsense, the are many reports and eye witness statements that confirm flight 77 hit the Pentagon.

5. Incorrect. The FDR shows the exact path that flight 77 took, straight into the Pentagon. This is verified by all the physical evidence.

I would like to debate right here, proceed.

Well first let me start off with my background.

I was a crew chief in the Air Force, so i have a backgropund in aviation

I was a Federal Police officer, so i have a background in emergency incidencet and crime scene.

I am now a data analyst with the Offiice of Weapons and space, so i have abckground in researching information.

1. NIST report and FEMA reports state that planes impacts had litte efffect on the builidngs.
www.firehouse.com...

The report confirmed the emerging consensus that the twin towers could have withstood the impact of the hijacked airliners.

2. We have tapes from the firemen who reached the upper floors that thier were isolated fires.

We also have the facts from a fire in the Norht tower in 1975 that burned for 3 hours and caused no damage to the steel.

3. Its been 6 years aad NIST can still not come up with a reason why building 7 collapsed

Builidng 5 and 6 had more structural damage and fires and did not collapse.

Also no steel building has collapsed from fire and some structural damage before or since 911.
www.pleasanthillsfire.org...

Excepting the three 9-11 collapses, no fire, however severe, has ever caused a steel framed high-rise building to collapse. Following are examples of high-rise fires that were far more severe than those in WTC 1 and 2, and Building 7. In these precedents, the fires consumed multiple floors, produced extensive window breakage, exhibited large areas of emergent flames, and went on for several hours. The fires in the WTC towers did none of these things.

4. Out of all the eyewitnesses they could not agree if it was a 757 let alone flight 77.

5. The NTSB has come out with a report an animation that shows the flight path is not where the official story states. Please check out the following site.
www.pilotsfor911truth.org...

Originally posted by esdad71
here is the explanation as to why you cannot find the documents.
You mean it took you a year to not find this?

I found that information a year ago, so where are the FBI and NTSB crime scene reports? Why have we not been able to see a report after 6 years.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by ULTIMA1]

[edit on 31-3-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
as a former Foundry worker, I can say that steel is in liquid form at 2780 F, when we would do a cold empty start of the furnace it would take 15 hours to get one ton of liquid steel to get the 1st quarter ton would take 8 hours, it would take 6 hours just to get any liquid steel, now I remind you this is a device FOR liquid steel. saying that fire cause steel to get soft in any time less then 4 hours in those circumstances is laughable. this is why I find it to be ludicrous that a "blast" of jet fuel caused steel to get soft in one hour or less.

a continuous feeding of jet fuel ( as in blow torch ) would do it but only one plane hit each tower

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This issue is being broached www.abovetopsecret.com...">here. I ask the question about the effect of introducing O2 into a fire and provide a link as to the effect thereof. Check out the video!!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This issue is being broached www.abovetopsecret.com...">here. I ask the question about the effect of introducing O2 into a fire and provide a link as to the effect thereof. Check out the video!!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
30 million people heard rosie?

NICE!

POPULAR MECHANICS was taken over by the CIA post-911, in a sudden rash of hiring and firing.

randolph hearst is the original (famous) father of yellow journalism, and his kin, michael and benjamin chertoff are both involved up to their elbows in this whole affair. michael through FEMA, AND benjamin through popular mechanics, the 'authority' that weak 'debunkers' can appeal to.

too bad you shadow shills still think you have a chance in the infowar.

Though the term was originally coined to describe the journalistic practices of Joseph Pulitzer, William Randolph Hearst proved himself worthy of the title. Today, it is his name that is synonymous with "yellow journalism." The Sensational Beginnings of Yellow Journalism

... where "yellow journalism" got its start. In a classic example of the power of ownership, Hearst responded to illustrator Frederic Remington's request to return from a Havana that was quiet, "Please remain. You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." --Spanish--American War of 1898

When an explosion sank the Maine and killed hundreds of sailors in the Havana Harbor on 15 February 1898, journalists, including those from the Journal, recommended caution in speculating the cause of the disaster. Hearst had other ideas. When he learned of the explosion, he called the Journal city desk and asked the editor on duty what other stories were to be played on the front page. When the editor replied “just the other big news,” Hearst exploded that there was no other big news and the sinking of the Maine meant war. Two days later the Journal was banging the war drum with such headlines as “War? Sure!” Coverage of the Spanish-American War, soon to become the Journal’s war, established a template for the next century of how journalists were to cover significant events. After thirty-five years of this type of journalism, newsmen and women at competing papers were amused when Hearst issued a bulletin in 1933 that established editorial guidelines for his newsrooms across the country: - Introduction, Red Ink, White Lies: The Rise and Fall of Los Angeles Newspapers 1920-1962 by Rob Wagner, Robert Leicester Wagner [amazon]

source

just type "randolph hearst yellow" into a search engine.

this same technique was used for both pearl harbour(WWII), and the gulf of tonkin(vietnam).

Schanberg blamed not only the press but also "the apparent amnesia of the wider American public."

And he added: "We Americans are the ultimate innocents. We are forever desperate to believe that this time the government is telling us the truth."

source

[edit on 31-3-2007 by billybob]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
as a former Foundry worker, I can say that steel is in liquid form at 2780 F, when we would do a cold empty start of the furnace it would take 15 hours to get one ton of liquid steel to get the 1st quarter ton would take 8 hours, it would take 6 hours just to get any liquid steel, now I remind you this is a device FOR liquid steel. saying that fire cause steel to get soft in any time less then 4 hours in those circumstances is laughable. this is why I find it to be ludicrous that a "blast" of jet fuel caused steel to get soft in one hour or less.

a continuous feeding of jet fuel ( as in blow torch ) would do it but only one plane hit each tower

As a present offshore engineer who works on static and dynamic steel structures .I found your observations somewhat strange, maybe you could clear them up.

Are you suggesting that the massive static weight above each crash sight was simply going to stay exactly where it was?

Are you suggesting that the massive structural damage sustained by both Towers played absolutely no part in the Towers collapse?

Are you suggesting that the planes that slammed into each tower caused perfectly uniform damage and thus enabled the massive weight above to redistribute itself in a perfectly uniform manner?

I am curious, could you tell me exactly why the fires would not contribute to the collapse of each tower.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This subject is being broached www.abovetopsecret.com...">here where I post a link demonstrating the effect of introducing O2 into a fire and its effect.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum
This subject is being broached www.abovetopsecret.com...">here where I post a link demonstrating the effect of introducing O2 into a fire and its effect.

the 'fire triangle' is fuel, spark and oxygen.

you can't have a fire without 'introducing O2'.

why don't you post a link to an oxygenless fire, instead, now, THAT would be impressive.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Why is it that anyone who speaks for the official story is a neo-con or some such. I truly thinks this comes down ot most of you bieng jealous you do not have the niknd of money they do. This has been the way it is since the beginning of time. The rich get richer, and once in a while a pauper can become a king.

So does that mean that everything that Popular Mechanics posts is BS? What a joke....

WHO DO YOU Believe??????? ROSIE.....

[edit on 31-3-2007 by esdad71]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that the massive static weight above each crash sight was simply going to stay exactly where it was?

not in the least, most likely it would have tipped the top OVER

Are you suggesting that the planes that slammed into each tower caused perfectly uniform damage and thus enabled the massive weight above to redistribute itself in a perfectly uniform manner?

Nope, see above it should not have caused it to fall STRAIGHT down but it did

I am curious, could you tell me exactly why the fires would not contribute to the collapse of each tower.

Never said they could not, I said they could not after only one hour

as an engineer have you seen the blueprints to the towers?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(notice who posted it)
can you explain how a UNIFORM collapse happened? you said yourself that the crash DIDN'T cause uniform damage, Can you tell me at what temperature plastic and carpet burns? I didn't think it was in the 1000's F range so please enlighten me. If it burns at less they how can it cause steel to get soft in less then one hour let alone 2 or three.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by thedigirati]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

the 'fire triangle' is fuel, spark and oxygen.

you can't have a fire without 'introducing O2'.

why don't you post a link to an oxygenless fire, instead, now, THAT would be impressive.

Click on the word www.abovetopsecret.com...">"here" to go to the link. For some reason it's not highlighted.

I'm talking about the 100% O2 that was on the aircraft. In the link I provide (the Valujet crash) the test that shows the oxygen generators, after first igniting the fire, casued the temps to reach 3000 degrees F. The temperature at which steel melts is 2700 Degrees F.

Did you even bother to check it out?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Click on the word www.abovetopsecret.com...">"here" to go to the link. For some reason it's not highlighted.

I'm talking about the 100% O2 that was on the aircraft. In the link I provide (the Valujet crash) the test that shows the oxygen generators, after first igniting the fire, casued the temps to reach 3000 degrees F. The temperature at which steel melts is 2700 Degrees F.

Did you even bother to check it out?

weird. i didn't know it was a link.

but, i am familiar with the oxygen bottle theory. usually, it is used to explain the molten metal pouring from the side of the building.

i'm not sure, but if you are saying that one or a few oxygen bottles on the plane were responsible for the collapse, then the holy, vaunted NIST skipped another beat.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati

not in the least, most likely it would have tipped the top OVER

Nope, see above it should not have caused it to fall STRAIGHT down but it did

Never said they could not, I said they could not after only one hour

as an engineer have you seen the blueprints to the towers?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(notice who posted it)
can you explain how a UNIFORM collapse happened? you said yourself that the crash DIDN'T cause uniform damage, Can you tell me at what temperature plastic and carpet burns? I didn't think it was in the 1000's F range so please enlighten me. If it burns at less they how can it cause steel to get soft in less then one hour let alone 2 or three.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by thedigirati]

As an engineer could you tell me why a massive dynamic weight falling onto floor trusses that simply braced the external columns to the internal core would not cause a pancake collapse?

I am curious.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by Stateofgrace]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

Nothing has been debunked, nad the Popular Mechanics and Nova both explained it in great detail, amazingly without thermite, reptilians or laser beams.

Since when is Popular Mechanics a certified investigating agency? What certifications and qualifications do they to do anything dealing with 911 ? Their would be more things wrong with thier investgation then the official story.

You're right. Rosie O'Donnel is a certified investigation agency. Well, at least she eats the amount of food that an entire agency would eat.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

God forbid anyone makes money, it must be illegal. Are you guys jealous?

Not when you make money off the misery of others. Like Halliburton supplying contaminated water to the toops so they can make more money for themslves and the administration.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon

You're right. Rosie O'Donnel is a certified investigation agency. Well, at least she eats the amount of food that an entire agency would eat.

well, at least she has her own mind under all that flesh.

unlike the fools who think someone's weight is a reflection on their ability to research and reason.

you make yourself look bad with these kinds of comments.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
but, i am familiar with the oxygen bottle theory. usually, it is used to explain the molten metal pouring from the side of the building.

i'm not sure, but if you are saying that one or a few oxygen bottles on the plane were responsible for the collapse, then the holy, vaunted NIST skipped another beat.

I only provided the oxygen generator test as an example of the effect of 100% O2 on a fire. In addition, there is one O2 generator in each emergency mask compartment; just to give an indication of how much 100% O2 there is on an aircraft. However, O2 generators are no longer used. The B757/B767 aircraft have a gaseous O2 system plumbed into a manifold which distributes it to each passenger mask. The bottles are in the cargo compartment.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This post has been cleaned.... but I hope ESDAD71 read it first...

[edit on 31-3-2007 by tator3]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join