It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone gone on a BFRO expedition?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I've been on several BFRO expeditions. I found the group to be a great bunch of folks to hang out with. The information you receive while attending helps you realize these animals are more widely scattered than only in the Pacific Northwest. The first time I saw one was in California, near the Oregon border. Consider the fee as a fee to enter the club, per se. I like to think it keeps the group to a managible size and only those who really want to attend. Other groups have realized casual hangers on are likely to cause trouble.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I was just reading some of the BFRO comments. Since I've been on several expeditons and learned quite a bit I think it's fair to present the other side. The BFRO makes no promises that there will be interaction but they do promise to take you to sites with a known history of BF activity. As for the comment that Matt Moneymaker or other BFRO members are creating hoax situations. I'm sure that came from the bigfoot discussion board. Funny how all those arm chair researchers over there love to knock organizations that actually go into the woods. I spent two nights in the Great Cypress Swamp with Matt Moneymaker and I can assure you he didn't go hide just before something howled in the woods.
You don't want to pay the money don't go but don't bad mouth something you really have no first hand knowledge of. That's just plain ignorant.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I may be alittle late on this subject. But I have attended 3 BFRO expeditions. New Mexico, Colorado and Oklahoma in 2008. I can tell you I had the time of my life, I learned alot of different techniques and I met some really great people. I look forward to attending more in the future. As for the cost of the expeditions, it was the best money I ever spent. I was able to use very expensive thermal and night vision equipment. Several thousand dollars each, how do you expect them to purchase that stuff? They put the money right back into the organization.

Scott

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I have been on 2 BFRO expeditions I learned plenty about the Creature and had a close encounter when I found myself fairly close to it. It was an area rich in sightings and this was real stuff. I can't wait to go again and anyone that talks bad about them haven't attended one or they have some other vengeance going on maybe competition jealousy.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I've attended several BFRO expeditions to different areas and as a result have had my own sighting and learned more than I could have learned on my own, and I hold a graduate degree in Zoology ! The money is no big deal. It only guaranteed that I would actually show up. The cheapest trip I ever took. Matt Moneymaker is a real class act and anyone that says otherwise is a liar. You get out of the experience what you put into it. Those that you may hear complaining about these expeditions didn't do anything to learn from the experience. Try a trip or two,
It will be the best thing you ever did!

Tom Davis
Illinois

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I've been involved with both the BFRO & the Bigfoot Forums people....The BFRO is first rate and their outings are easily worth the 300 clams.....The BFF people are a bunch of envious losers....really..

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
hmmm. three positive experiences from the last three anonymous posters. I smell something fishy.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Now about the BFRO. I can save you a ton of money by starting your own expedition if you just follow these easy steps.

1) Find some woods, any will do, according to "reliable" reports BF can be found just about anywhere if you just use a little imagination.

2) Get together a group of at least 15 to 20 people. Make sure that none of them have ever been in the woods before, especially at night, and that none have experience hunting or tracking game.

3) Have your group equip themselves with head lamps, high power spotlights, and very loud two-way radios. Radios have to have their volume turned up so you can hear over all that crashing and hooting and rock throwing.

4) Do not enter the woods while it is still light out. You will be able to see where you're going and you will be much too quiet. You also might inadvertently stumble across footprints or hair samples if you can see too well.

5) Break your group up into teams of no less than 4 people. Any less than that and there will not be enough to carry on non-stop conversations while on watch. Have the teams wander off aimlessly.

6) If one of your teams hears something, please report your find immediately to the rest of the group via radio, making sure they speak loudly enough. If you plan ahead, most of your teams will be able to hear even without the radios and they all can promptly shine their lights into the woods while proclaiming that they might see something.

7) Proceed to run into the dark woods, crashing through the brush while shining your lights wildly about.

8) Have some fun with the the other teams. Pitch the occasional rock at them or beat on a tree with a stick.

9) Don't stay more than a couple of hours. If you haven't captured anything by then, there's probably nothing there anyway. Maybe "next" time.

10) Gather back at the cars so you can all talk about what a great experience it has been. Hand out applications so your group can sign up for your next expedition while they are still excited about their wonderful experience.

Oh, and send me a check for $500 for the right to use this list. Other than that and you are on your own. For even less information and the address to send your check contact me at; BESTDARNBIGFOOTEXPERIENCEYOUEVERHADIFYOUJUSTSENDMEACHECKTHAKYOYVERYMUCH.com

Sorry, I just find these "expeditions" completely ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

($300/person, or $600/vehicle, no limit on the number of people)

hmm

1 BRFO expedition " one vehicle / unlimited people " ticket - $ 600
participation of 54 practical jokers - free
hire of a 54 seat coach [ 100mile round trip - flat fee ] - $ 405

look on the BFRO organisers hace - PRICELESS

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Try to get on the BFRO "Blue Forum". Attempt to post a logical anti-bigfoot arguement. You will be kicked off this page so fast your head will spin. BFRO is a scam and money making organization that always keeps you on the edge of your seat that the next big discovery is just around the corner but never delivers. These camping trips are money making snip hunts.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It's your money, and if you think it could be interesting, then go.

I've seen film of some expeditions by various groups, and can tell you that the guys that show up for these things couldn't sneak up on a cemetery.

You want to go Bigfoot hunting, do your homework on some of the more persistent, more recent sightings.

Your very presence if they are territorial will be demonstrated. If nothing much happens, bang a good-sized stick on a tree and be patient while listening for a response. Nocturnal creatures don't sleep much at night, so you shouldn't either.

Take a female, or multiple females. They seem to be curious and drawn toward our females.

Natural food sources for the area will go a long way, and you can not only bait, but set up smoothed track pads along approaches. Remember that even if close, they may not come within fifty meters of you, so be ready.

I'd avoid these damned infrared trap cameras or cameras. Note that they never catch a cotton-picking thing other than deer, cows, skunks, and such. These creatures may have partial near-infrared vision, in which case, these night vision projections would look like beacons.

If you're talking, you can't be listening.

You get a twelve pound rock thrown at you from the darkness, don't try to throw it back. That might have been the only big rock he had.

Never assume they are alone.

Oh yes, only bodies count. A body you can drag back for show and tell.

While dragging it, remember, never assume they are alone.

And just have fun!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
chances are,your not going to see a creature that's sensitive to the slightest differences in its surroundings,while with a non proffessional group of chit chatters that happend to have alittle money to blow,on something that doesnt cost a dime.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join