It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Hexagon Spotted On Saturn

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by lombozo

Im not a weather expert, but I have had the same expierience of weather in general as anyone else, and I have to say that I have never seen anything like that in any weather system .
Virtualy all the patterns of weather I have ever observed, either here on earth with my own eyes, or on other planets via the internet and books , have been rounded, or wispy... this ... this is just straight up weird. Theres no precident for this shape anywhere in known nature as far as I can tell .

Like you, I am not a meteorologist, but I do have extensive experience with all sorts of weather. Not only have I never seen anything like this, I have yet to meet any meteorologist who has -- or who even thinks this is a weather phenomenon, for that matter.
And this thing has been there for at least 30 years.

A newer theory mentions a "standing wave".
A hexagonal standing wave? Okay.
I wish someone explained it to me, though.

edit on 29-12-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius

That is amazing.

Certainly doesn't look "natural", does it?

On the contrary, a hexagon is perfectly natural. Bees hives also have it. If you'd like to make a hexagon, take seven pennies. Place one penny in the center and surround it with six other pennies that touch the edge of the center penny. You just created a hexagon as circles naturally make hexagons. In order to more easily see the big picture, get a bunch of pennies and now place them in the gaps of the outer six pennies and so forth. Stand back and look at it and you can see the hexagon. In Death Valley, there is a place called the Devil's Golfcourse. It is a large area of salt. Water seeps up out of the ground and forms these large hexagonal structures that are about four feet across. If you go there and would like to see them, you have to walk about fifteen minutes out over the salt flats because tourists have broken the ones close up where the parking is located.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

There is this magic portal called "Bing". You call upon it's powers and it will find all the latest facts, stories, theories, pictures, videos......any kind of information you want within seconds, usually.
The hexagonal storm/waves/vortex/whatever you choose to call it has been reproduced in labs. Heck, my nephew's high school statewide science fair was won by someone who researched the thing. It's been fairly well explained, or rather, theorized about. It's natural. It's just really, really cool.
If you use "hexagon on Saturn explained" there are 93,000 hits.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

On the contrary, a hexagon is perfectly natural.

Yes, but apparently not in astronomy or meteorology.
I had the opportunity to talk with a few professional astronomers a few years back, and they were - I am quoting - "stumped" by it.

Originally posted by stars15k
reply to post by AdAstra

There is this magic portal called "Bing". You call upon it's powers and it will find all the latest facts, stories, theories, pictures, videos......any kind of information you want within seconds, usually.
The hexagonal storm/waves/vortex/whatever you choose to call it has been reproduced in labs. Heck, my nephew's high school statewide science fair was won by someone who researched the thing. It's been fairly well explained, or rather, theorized about. It's natural. It's just really, really cool.
If you use "hexagon on Saturn explained" there are 93,000 hits.

No, it has not been "explained". There have been tentative explanations, which is not the same thing; and because I know there are, or were, a few knowledgeable meteorologists and astronomy buffs here, I was hoping for some more discussion of these theories.
But on a website where people seem to believe that search engines are magical portals.... I guess not.

edit on 30-12-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join