It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not up to the people.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
THE DEVIL = NEW WORLD ORDER PEOPLE
THE TRICK = MAKING THE POPULATION BELIEVE THEY ARE PART OF THE GOVERNMENT

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the ones he was ruling that they were in a democracy, that their votes mattered, and that we are spreading freedom.

In Fact we are spreading a dictatorship. The further we spread. The strong the New World Order gets. Everything in the world that is an American Interest, is a New world Order interest.

Let's Impeach, Let's change our government into a real democracy. A democracy with live input from the population via the internet. Let's build a large building that will proccess the suggestions of the public and put it together for consideration.

Let's create a government that will help America domestically and over seas.

The government system has become Obselete... just like the land line telephones.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
.... and.... your plan for achieving that is....

Animal Farm... overthrow the Oppressors, and become the new Oppressors yourself. A common theme played out from Napoleon to Stalin.

Such a tricky game to play.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
There are more problems with your suggestion than can be easily discussed in a single post, but I'll toss out a few for you (or anyone else) to solve.

First, your system really discriminates against the poor. Not everybody owns a computer, and not everybody has internet access. How do those people get their say in the New Technocracy? Or do only the opinions of the wired matter?

Second, what about those of us who have jobs? I don't know about you, since we've never met...but I work 12 hour shifts, with an hour of drive time on either end of that. That leaves me 10 hours out of 24 to eat, bathe (My coworkers insist on that!), occasionally spend some time with my wife, and sleep. I don't have *time* to express an opinion on each and every issue that comes before our government.

Third, what if 'the will of the people' comes up with a really, really, REALLY bad idea? After all, at different times in our past, it's been the 'majority opinion' that blacks were subhuman, that women should stay at home and raise children while the man of the house brought home the cash...what safeguards do you have to protect the rights of 49% of the population from the extremes of 51%?

Fourth, what about security? We can't keep hackers, spyware, malware, and virii out of current systems, so what makes you think that the same things won't hit your government data system? What do you do if it does happen?

I've got a few more, but I'll stop at four for brevity. Once we've straightened those out, we can work on the rest.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rrahim1
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the ones he was ruling that they were in a democracy, that their votes mattered, and that we are spreading freedom.

Actually, "the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist".

I know that because Kevin Spacey told me so.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
what about how the movie fight club that came out in 1999 says "YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB" and Skull and Bonesman Kerry and Bush and Clinton says. " We cannot talk about it".

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The trouble with "The People" voting every single decision is that the people usually don't have more than a surface understanding of issues.

You see it all the time in polls on TV and in newspapers. People get caught up in the Headline, the inflammatory ravings of some shock jock, or deliberately deceptive political advertising... most people don't look one layer further and try and understand the issue deep enough.

And alot of the time, personally, my opinion on a matter is "I don't really know much about it, so I don't have an opinion".

The job of the Politician is to look deeper at serious issues before making a decision. Some do it well, some are lazy and victim to surface rhetoric, some are downright corrupt. What is needed is a means of making politicians more honest... less susceptible to bribes/lobbying, less pressured to vote according to Party Lines etc etc

new topics

top topics

join