It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Do the orders still stand?"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

MR. MINETA: No, I was not. I was made aware of it during the time that the airplane coming into the Pentagon. There was a young man who had come in and said to the vice president, "The plane is 50 miles out. The plane is 30 miles out." And when it got down to, "The plane is 10 miles out," the young man also said to the vice president, "Do the orders still stand?" And the vice president turned and whipped his neck around and said, "Of course the orders still stand. Have you heard anything to the contrary?" Well, at the time I didn't know what all that meant. And --
MR. HAMILTON: The flight you're referring to is the --
MR. MINETA: The flight that came into the Pentagon.
MR. HAMILTON: The Pentagon, yeah.
www.9-11commission.gov...

They had an order to stand down and allow the plane to hit the pentagon, They knew the plane was coming right for the pentagon, the man keeps saying how far away it is from the pentagon, and Cheney continued with the standdown.
The fact that there were "orders" in a time of "chaos" clearly shows they knew beforehand.

Absolutely SOLID proof

[edit on 24/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 24-3-2007 by Charles Lee]www.9-11commission.gov... ssion_Hearing_2003-05-23.htm

[edit on 24-3-2007 by Charles Lee]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Your link does not work..

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Sorry about that, it got shortened by IE.

I fixed it.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Brilliant Find Charles Lee!
Except, i'd much rather not read the entire context of that documentation so I'll take your word for it - for now.

/7A

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Someones word is just that.
Their word.

What do you have to prove this, other than a person's word ?

Lex

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
How much proof do we need. I am sick and tired of the inquiries that a criminal injustice has occured behind the American government.

/7A

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Or, "The plane is heading for Washington, do you want us to keep trying to intercept it? Do the orders still stand?"

Or, "Do you want us to keep from trying to shoot it down?"

"The orders" could be any number of orders that were being passed around.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
yeah i read this a while ago, and i agree with the above poster... the orders could have been anything. Its interesting but im not sure its really proof of anything.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's proof of people wanting to believe a conspiracy.

My 2 cent,

Lex

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Or, "The plane is heading for Washington, do you want us to keep trying to intercept it? Do the orders still stand?"

MR. HAMILTON: And so there was no specific order there to shoot that plane down.
MR. MINETA: No, sir.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Because as has been explained repeatedly, mostly by me, there were a grand total of 21 fighters on alert (meaning armed and ready to launch) defending the ENTIRE UNITED STATES on 9/11. There were SEVEN BASES that had alert fighters ready to launch, and NONE of them were in Washington DC. The nearest ones were Otis AFB and Langely AFB. It takes several hours to arm a fighter from a cold start and there wasn't enough time to do it on 9/11. The decision to stand down our alert forces was made in the early 1990s after the cold war ended.

But the point that I was ATTEMPTING to make was that "the orders" could mean just about ANYTHING and didn't automatically mean "stand down and let it hit."

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charles Lee

MR. HAMILTON: And so there was no specific order there to shoot that plane down.

Yeah, and had they asked him if there was a specific order to not shoot a plane down, what do you think his answer would have been?

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
You'll find Mineta's testimony in context HERE, together with a whole load of other stuff about the pre-impact discrepancies in the accounts of Flight 77

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

MR. HAMILTON: With respect to Flight 93, what type of information were you and the vice president receiving about that flight?

MR. MINETA: The only information we had at that point was when it crashed.

MR. HAMILTON: I see. You didn't know beforehand about that airplane.

MR. MINETA: I did not.

MR. HAMILTON: But there were military planes in the air in position to shoot down commercial aircraft.

MR. MINETA: That's right. The planes had been scrambled, I believe, from Otis at that point.

MR. MINETA: No, I was not. I was made aware of it during the time that the airplane coming into the Pentagon. There was a young man who had come in and said to the vice president, "The plane is 50 miles out. The plane is 30 miles out." And when it got down to, "The plane is 10 miles out," the young man also said to the vice president, "Do the orders still stand?" And the vice president turned and whipped his neck around and said, "Of course the orders still stand. Have you heard anything to the contrary?" Well, at the time I didn't know what all that meant. And --

MR. HAMILTON: The flight you're referring to is the --

MR. MINETA: The flight that came into the Pentagon.

MR. HAMILTON: The Pentagon, yeah.

MR. MINETA: And so I was not aware that that discussion had already taken place. But in listening to the conversation between the young man and the vice president, then at the time I didn't really recognize the significance of that.

And then later I heard of the fact that the airplanes had been scrambled from Langley to come up to DC, but those planes were still about 10 minutes away. And so then, at the time we heard about the airplane that went into Pennsylvania, then I thought, ]"Oh, my God, did we shoot it down?" And then we had to, with the vice president, go through the Pentagon to check that out.

]b\MR. HAMILTON: Let me see if I understand. The plane that was headed toward the Pentagon and was some miles away, there was an order to shoot that plane down.

MR. MINETA: Well, I don't know that specifically, but I do know that the airplanes were scrambled from Langley or from Norfolk, the Norfolk area. But I did not know about the orders specifically other than listening to that other conversation.

MR. HAMILTON: But there very clearly was an order to shoot commercial aircraft down.

MR. MINETA: Subsequently I found that out.

How about reading the whole thing instead of just reading only the specific sentences that you believe is considered significant?

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
""Absolutely SOLID proof ""

yet again ......................................... proof of nothing .

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
How much proof do we need. I am sick and tired of the inquiries that a criminal injustice has occured behind the American government.

/7A

""WE"" ? thanks but ""we"" are americans , you seem to be canadian .

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

The nearest ones were Otis AFB and Langely AFB. It takes several hours to arm a fighter from a cold start and there wasn't enough time to do it on 9/11. The decision to stand down our alert forces was made in the early 1990s after the cold war ended.

But the point that I was ATTEMPTING to make was that "the orders" could mean just about ANYTHING and didn't automatically mean "stand down and let it hit."

1. Who told you it would take several hours to arm and prep a fighter ? I can tell you its BS !

2. An interceptor pilot has standing orders on what to do with an aircraft that will not respond or is in restricted airspace. They only way this would have been changed is by a counter order.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Tell that to the Andrews AFB Wing Commander who made a public statement that it would have taken them 1-2 hours to get armed fighters airborne from the time they were ordered to start arming. I'm a lot more likely to take his word than yours in this matter.

Edit to add:

Not the wing commander but this works too.

The unit’s maintenance section was notified to get several F-16s armed and ready to fly. Anticipating such an order, Col. Don C. Mozley, the 113th Logistics Group commander, had already ordered his weapons officer to “break out the AIM-9s and start building them up… The missiles had to be transported from a bunker on the other side of the base, which would take a while.”111 This last statement is strange. Senior Master Sergeant David Bowman, 113th Wing munitions supervisor, says, “We were doing it as fast as we could, because for all we knew the terrorists were getting ready to hit us. ... It normally takes three hours to get weapons from the storage sheds and load them onto the fighters."

www.911exposed.org...

[edit on 3/24/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Tell that to the Andrews AFB Wing Commander who made a public statement that it would have taken them 1-2 hours to get armed fighters airborne from the time they were ordered to start arming. I'm a lot more likely to take his word than yours in this matter.

Well i was a crew chief and worked on the flight line and i can tell you that it would not take that long to get a fighter ready unless you were a total moron, and i will tell that to the Wing Commander.

1. Aircraft are kept refueled.

2. Interceptors are kept armed with a couple missiles and a few hundred rounds of ammo for the gun.

3. A good ground crew could have a fighter ready in about half that time, even if they had to do a complete refuel and arm.

You might want to do a little research so you can find out for yourself if you do not believe me.

[edit on 24-3-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Exactly.

Why do you always bring up a flurry of irrelevant crap in your posts, Zaphod?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join