It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entities Created From Our Minds! Birth of Bigfoot and The Loch Ness Monster.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Alright. For some (most?) of you that don't know what a Tulpa is, the definition is this. Taken from wikipedia.

"Thoughtform(Or Tulpa) may be understood as a 'psychospiritual' complex of energy or consciousness manifested either consciously or unconsciously, by an individual or a group. Thoughtform are understood differently and take on different forms in different traditions. Stated differently, a thoughtform, is a subtle objectification that may or may not have consciousness and self-determination. Thoughtform may be benevolent, malevolent or of complex alignment and may be understood as a spontaneous or intentional manifestation from a combination of willpower, bioenergy, discipline, chi, prana and/or astral or ætherial substance." In short, it's a thought that has physically manifested itself.

So, after doing research on it, I decided to try my hand at Tulpa creation. Now, some, if not most, will call me crazy for saying this, but I think it worked. I worked for about 3 months thinking up how I wanted this entity to look like, and how I wanted it to think. I asked my friend to help me out in designing it too. I began imagining that what I had created, actually existed. I asked it questions (to which I answered myself), and spoke as if it were actually there. Wierd things started happening? I kept seeing a shadow of what I had thought up out of the corner of my eye. Things moved on their own, and every once in a while, I heard certain words out of nowhere. Like someone was saying a sentence that would fade in and out. The more I thought up this Tulpa, the wierder things got. I stopped. I didn't want to create something I couldn't get rid of. I encourage everyone to try their hand and reply to tell me what happened. Tulpa creation may also be related to the Loch Ness monster/bigfoot/etc. If millions of people are thinking together that a serpent-like creature lives in the lake, then maybe it has taken physical form.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It does sound logical. I think you have came up with a fine point.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ahhh simple thoughtform creation.
We've had discussions about it before.

IMHO even Satan is a thoughtform, but one that has reached the status of at least egregore. Egregores are thoughtforms that don't use one human as a source of their energy, but numerous humans. Anytime you ponder it, give it your attention, you're feeding it.

Btw... Company logo's, fictional characters etc... can and do become thoughtforms if they're paid enough attention to.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
the problem is that every single human has his indiviual vision of 'the thing'. all put together, we get either a really deformed monster or incomplete one.

nice theory, btw.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by ellroy]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTDarkWoe.
The more I thought up this Tulpa, the wierder things got. I stopped. I didn't want to create something I couldn't get rid of. I encourage everyone to try their hand and reply to tell me what happened. .

So you stopped your Tulpa creation, because you got freaked out; but you want us to "try our hand" at it.

Why don't you finish your experiment and tell us what happens before you encourage others?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Does it have to be a monster? I've been dreaming up a really hot redhead for years and it doesn't seem to work.

charles

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, there is a reason why I encourage others. You see? I am now attempting it again. I kind of would like to see others' results in comparison to mine. That's the reasoning behind the encouragement. If anyone is attempting it, please post your experiments, thoughtform description, and results.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There are also other websites and forums where people (including myself) had planned and created thoughtforms.

Xtrememind.com is one of them.

I haven't bothered that much with the thoughtforms since, some failed and a few had some success, due to my halfhearted attempt at creating them and keeping them alive. I've since dismanteled them all.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
CTDarkWoe,You be messin wit de voodoo mon; Dark Woe surely be comin soon to you unless ya be armed with the sword of faith and the shield of knowledge.

Tread lightly mon!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Btw... Company logo's, fictional characters etc... can and do become thoughtforms if they're paid enough attention to.

... like what? Forgive me if i sound a bit skeptical, but what company logos have become thoughtforms? Furthermore, is there any way to witness a thoughtform other than just shadows darting here and there? Because I can't see how you can clearly identify a thoughtform with such vague encounters.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Here's an article that can describe better what I'm talking about. It explains a lot, but of course you have to be skeptical when reading it.

www.lvx23.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well, the ability to see your thoughtform apparently depends on how much concentration, time, and effort is put into it. Google "Alexandra David-Neel". This person was the so-called "pioneer" of Tulpa creation. But the actual practice has been around for a very long time. I am working on concentrating my thoughts into my earlier project. I'll keep you guys posted on my results. By the way, I appreciate the links.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
TheBandit795,

Very um.... strange link...

While I don't agree with the article saying corporate logos become magical entities, I do agree that advertisements and corporate symbolisms are integrated into every part of our lives.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yep I know it's a strange link, but it's the only one that I could find at the time.

I am almost quite sure that thoughts become entities when paid attention to by either one person an immense amount of time, or by numerous people.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well, as in the "tulpa pioneer"'s case, it was her alone, who created the form. She spent several years with Tibetan monks to do so, though, and I'm sure it took an immense amount of concentration.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Much has been written on thought forms in occult literature. Crowley goes into it in depth in Magic in Theory and Practice and I have a book by the Farrar's called Spells and How They Work that goes into it a little, as least the basic theory behind it. The Farrar's even relate a little story about a Mr. Spock thought form but I'm not going to retell it.

I would say this about tulpas. They are not dangerous in and of themselves but one must remember what they are, "thought forms". If you play games with your psyche there can be consequences. Basically, do not play with magik if you have a predisposition towards mental problems.

Vas

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It makes perfect sense. As for your, "They are not dangerous" point of view, I have read up on people who have created them, and they gained a mind oftheir own. They couldn't get rid of them. All I can say is that if anyone is trying it, don't put so much into it, that it develops a mind of its own. I have also done some research on Aleister Crowley. Speaking of him, they have small hints toward thoughtforms in Simon's "Necronomicon", but it is called the Watcher of Fire.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have also read Alexandra David-Neel's book about her experiences in Tibet. She is a serious researcher and throughout the book tells it as it is when she believes an act of magik told or done by a monk may not actually exist on the physical plane. Which makes it all the more fascinating when she recounts her story of creating something out of nothing.

My smokin' red head has not shown up either; I try to not let that little bit of resentment manipulate my view of the big picture.

I believe in the power of symbols, if not that at least people in powerful positions take it extremely seriously. So if some corporate logos are tulpas do you believe these corporations have mercenary magicians giving these symbols power to get the ball rolling and then have the public's forced exposure to them take over from there?

Another question would be why aren't Homer Simpson sightings prevolent?
I am writing a feature length script, granted I am only on my first draft so the character's are not fleshed out. That said, should I be expecting to be seeing my main character in the corner of my eye as the structure of the character and script become more concrete? As a devil's advocate I would say these things don't and will not happen because everybody involved knows these things to be fictional. Devil's advocates on the opposite side would be the people who wrote "Conjuring Up Philip: An Adventure in Psychokinesis". I have not read it, apparently it is out of print now but I guess in a laboratory study they focused intention on a fictional entity and got physical responses. It makes some sense, character's I have created in my mind are just as real to me as a store clerk I may buy something from every week or two; they just don't know on my door in the night.

In conclusion I know nothing, the only thing I can say is that a hell of a lot more research needs to happen on this subject because it may be the most important thing ever.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
All this talk of thoughtforms keeps bringing me back to my early childhood. When all of us were children, we all had very active imaginations. Children are also much more succeptable to powers of the mind, visions, and things like that, because theyre mind is still open to the world. Imagine how scared you would be if you were seven walking down a pitch black road. your mind would create its own dangers and anomalies all around you, which in turn scares you, which makes you think about it all the more. Eventually you might end up sprinting home, running away from that creature you just created as it gets closer to you.
Children also often have "imaginary" friends that, in some cases, become all too real to the child, thus worrying parents about the stability of their child. What if these overactive imaginations and childhood innocence was actually thoughtforms being created by their fresh minds? Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've decided that I'm going to attempt to create one again soon. But with much more effort than I did before, and I keep it alive instead of letting it die (by not bothering with it) like I did with the earlier ones.

Perhaps with your help I can do it much easier. There are members here who can draw very good, so that may also be of some help.

As for what it will do: I'm thinking of some possibilities (but have a preference for the first one at the moment).

One is to help enhance concentration and focus to an extreme high level (being in the zone), to give you a state of being the opposite of of having attention deficit disorder.

Another possibility is one to heal physical and mental diseases.

Another possibility is one to help increase physical wealth and greatly enhance financial success in any financial venture taken.

So the model could be a drawing with tools to do his job; it can be humanoid, animal-like or symbol-like.

It could hopefully be an extremely powerful egregore if members agree to help me create it.

Btw... We can also strengthen the existing one on ATS to be more powerful in making the message happen that it was created to be a model for. (Guess which I mean?
)

[edit on 18-4-2007 by TheBandit795]

<<   2 >>

join