It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Role of religion in your daily life...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
What kind of role does your religion play in your daily life? For me, I am a born and raised Christian. Now I have had a lot of education on the bible and theology and what not, but I seem to find that the more my faith is pressured upon me and the more I learn about it, the more questions it raises.
Such questions as, "Is Christianity the 'right' faith?" or "Is there even a correct faith?". Soon i fear i will even be asking myself, "Do I even believe in God?" The more you think about it the more puzzeling and perplexing it becomes. All sorts of questions start to pop up and one would start to question their faith and their view on the whole religion itself, but that is kind of getting into a whole new topic in and of its self.
But what role does your religion play in your daily life?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It has absolutely no role in my life at all, and that's the way I like it

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
My... beliefs... not necessarily religion... play a huge part in my life. My morals affect the way I act, in public and private; my personal views on the world affect the way I see the world around me.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The more you think about it the more puzzeling and perplexing it becomes.

Why do you think the original sin was to eat from the Tree of Knowledge??? They don't WANT you to think about it....

As you may guess, religion (at least of an organized kind), plays no role in my daily life. However, pondering religious questions and issues....does occupy a little bit each day...

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well....on my way to work I pass a church that sometimes has clever phrases on its billboard.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I do try to adhere to the Wiccan tenet: "an thou do no harm..." because I like the moral statement. That, and the precepts of learning.

Can't say that I call on the God and Goddess all the time -- I will when there's huge trouble, but Wicca teaches you to rely on yourself and not stand around waiting for miracles.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Byrd, ain't it, "An harm ye none, do what ye will?" - sorry just a bit picky.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
In left my Religion.

It serves no merit in my life.

Im a human, and treat everyone like a human.

I dont need to have a book tell me that.

Deep

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
while i dont agree with any form of religion, i'm a strong believer in god which plays a good role in my life. i rely on god as a personal guide who i believe will ultimately lead me to figuring out all the answers that perplex me about my existance as well as a guide to making me a better person.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
As you may guess, religion (at least of an organized kind), plays no role in my daily life. However, pondering religious questions and issues....does occupy a little bit each day...

This sums it up for me too.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Jesus is...and always be a part of me. I am alive...and doing my best to walk in His footsteps...Amen.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well, for me religion is just a tradition, I'm going to church every two weeks, but I loosed faith for so long now.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It seems more the less a social affair than anything.
Deep

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Actively pursuing or following a religion does not affect my daily life in any way, as I do not follow a religion. I do, however, study many religions and philosophies to get an idea as to what their message is, where it stems from, and how feasible I feel it is. This takes up an hour or so every day.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I am a Christian. However, I find it hard to go to Church nowadays due to the fact that I see so much hypocrisy. Kill the wounded Soldier, so to speak. As long as you are giving money to the church, you're golden. But, if you ever fall into financial trouble... where'd everyone go? Where are all the folks that benefited from your earlier benevolence? Oh, there they are... over there saying, "We're praying for you, Brother"

So, in my daily life, I live as moral as I can. I read my Bible to learn more and more about how I can do that. I use Jesus' life as an example of how I should live. I pray everyday. I don't go to church for the above reasons. I discuss life with my Family, and that is the extent of my "religious fellowship".

I don't conform to a "religion". I actually try to be like Jesus taught us to be. If Jesus were alive, I don't believe he'd go to church either.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xinfallibility
What kind of role does your religion play in your daily life? For me, I am a born and raised Christian. Now I have had a lot of education on the bible and theology and what not, but I seem to find that the more my faith is pressured upon me and the more I learn about it, the more questions it raises.
Such questions as, "Is Christianity the 'right' faith?" or "Is there even a correct faith?". Soon i fear i will even be asking myself, "Do I even believe in God?" The more you think about it the more puzzeling and perplexing it becomes. All sorts of questions start to pop up and one would start to question their faith and their view on the whole religion itself, but that is kind of getting into a whole new topic in and of its self.
But what role does your religion play in your daily life?

I think that religion in my life means that I follow the ethics of a good religion, where I'd treat others how I would want to be treated--that others are no different than myself in needs and wants.

It gives a lot of meaning and direction to my life, with the knowledge that someday this is all going to end.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
It seems more the less a social affair than anything.
Deep

You may be right,

But I think it's mostly a tradition...
I know a lot of people who are in my situation,
People in my province are traditionnalist.

[Edited on 25-12-2003 by Salem]

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think your religion, whatever it may be, should be an important part of your life. It's not something that you should just do on the weekend. Our life is a spiritual journey full of many lessons. We all must live according to our beliefs. You beliefs are our religion. You need something to believe in or you will be lost. My religion is truth. I don't worship truth, I just use it to guide my soul through this whirlwind we call life. Hopefully the truth that I gain in this life will nourish my mind as well as my soul and prepare me for the next life. Yes there is a next life, some call it heaven, some call it hell, I call it the next level. Peace

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Im a human, and treat everyone like a human.

I dont need to have a book tell me that.

Deep

So very true. People who need a book of rules and the fear of a God to tell them that harming other humans is wrong are truely weak. I buy into the the Buddhist belief of harming no other living creature. I am vegetarian and I dont swat flies!

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
Yes there is a next life, some call it heaven, some call it hell, I call it the next level. Peace

Statements like this annoy the hell out of me. Like there's any possible way you could know this?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join