It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true werewolf

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I was in biology class to die, and briefly, my teacher brought up a very strange animal. Apparently it lived a very long time ago, and obviously, is extinct. It was a dog that actually walked on its hind legs. I do not know the name of this creature (nor did my teacher for some odd reason, he just recalled hearing about the thing), or what exactly it looked like, but apparantly it resembled a wolf(?) and would 'slash' at things when fighting. If anyone has any information on this animal, I would be VERY interested in learning about it, thanks.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
this is very interesting, at first i was thinking a Tasmanian tiger but i never heard of this creature...very interesting.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Originally posted by Gooey

I do not know (nor did my teacher for some odd reason, he just recalled hearing about the thing)

What grade ?
Maybe he was trying to wake people up.

For an instructor to bring up an animal that they don't know the name of,
but only recalled hearing about it seems kind of odd.

Might want to inquire further.

Lex

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I used to have Werewolf tendencies, but I am ok nowwwwwWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWWWWWWW

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That contributed to this thread, how ?

Lex

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Haha...I doubt that, considering we were in the middle of a heated debate over christianty vs. evolution (in science class, that sounds odd, huh?), everyone was WIDE (BTW: I'm in high school
). And I checked this thing out with my brother who has a degree in biology. It does exist, I still haven't found out the name of it though. I'm trying to find out more about it on google. I've found a few threads discussing it but not much, and no names. Apparently the whole 'bipedal dog' thing didn't work so well with evolution. These guys weren't around for very long.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
there's a big difference between being truly bipedal, and being able to rise on your hindquarters to use forelimbs as weapons.

My boxers could kick some serious ass, but I wouldn't call them bipedal.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
That contributed to this thread, how ?

It made me laugh, thats how

I've had a good google search and couldn't find anything about this animal. I've never heard of anything like it, are you sure he wasn't confusing fact with something he's seen/read somewhere?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
No. I am dead serious. I have been reassured of this by my brother, teacher, family, and certain people I've talked to. This dog didn't just 'stand up every now and then' it actually STOOD erect like a human. It was slightly hunched over, but still like a human. As soon as I find a source I'll tell you.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I call bogus. Its pelvus wouldnt be able to let it stand up for long periods of time, or it wasnt a dog.

When you say he brought it up, do you mean he just talked about it?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
No offence Gooey, but how can people reasure you of somehting if apparently nobody knows anything about it? If they have such little information how can they be sure of anything? How can this 'lack' of info convince you it existed?

This all sounds very wooly - you could start a thread like this with any topic.... sat in a maths lesson and teacher said famous mathematician had two sharp teeth and drank blood, didn't know his name, yada yada etc etc - hey presto nice big thread...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
You say you found some articles on it's existance, maybe you could provide us with some links. I spent an hour on google trying to find something about it an i drew a blank...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I know, it doesn't sound very convincing. But I can PROMISE you, there is an extinct bipedal creature and I WILL provide evidence for it. As soon as I can get a hold of my dad (who himself, is a graduate level biology teacher with 3 degrees) I'll get him to give me the name, and once I have that I'll work from there.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
quote " I was in biology class to die "

why would you go to class to die ? or is something lost in translation ?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
umm... question... does your teacher read the national inquirer much? cause no offense but it sounds like something out of that... but in all honesty... if there WAS a dog which was bipedal it would be one of the biggest finds in the biological society... it would have made huge headlines mainly due to the fact apes and birds and a few species of lizard have ever been able to walk on their hind legs... minus the dinosaurs... i think someones pulling your leg bud... unless maybe it was an overgrown marsupual on steroids... but ask yourself... WHY would a dog want to be on its hind legs... EVER?! ... they can run up to speeds of what... 40 kms an hour? maybe more maybe less... they typically work in packs... THEN one day evolution decided... hey... lets remove its clear advantage... because if we are talking about the same evolution... taking millions of years for even HUMANS to evolve the ability to walk upright... how would something last so long in the genetic scheme of things and then finally once its upright and walking it disapears... THINK about it for a second...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
here i found a nice scientific paper for you

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

School of Biology, University of Leeds, UK. [email protected]

Humans, birds and (occasionally) apes walk bipedally. Humans, birds, many lizards and (at their highest speeds) cockroaches run bipedally. Kangaroos, some rodents and many birds hop bipedally, and jerboas and crows use a skipping gait. This paper deals only with walking and running bipeds. Chimpanzees walk with their knees bent and their backs sloping forward. Most birds walk and run with their backs and femurs sloping at small angles to the horizontal, and with their knees bent. These differences from humans make meaningful comparisons of stride length, duty factor, etc., difficult, even with the aid of dimensionless parameters that would take account of size differences, if dynamic similarity were preserved. Lizards and cockroaches use wide trackways. Humans exert a two-peaked pattern of force on the ground when walking, and an essentially single-peaked pattern when running. The patterns of force exerted by apes and birds are never as markedly two-peaked as in fast human walking. Comparisons with quadrupedal mammals of the same body mass show that human walking is relatively economical of metabolic energy, and human running is expensive. Bipedal locomotion is remarkably economical for wading birds, and expensive for geese and penguins.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
im also noticing reoccuring concepts on other threads which talk about a bipedal wolf or a " werewolf " MAYBE its bigfoot... hmm? might make a hell of alot more sense... because a wolf that can probably hit up god knows what speeds on all fours isnt going to exist on two legs... besides for all the research iv done the oldest species of wolf was apparently the dire wolf, you can do a search on google and find abit of information about it

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Fact:All canines walks on four legs,including dogs, wolves, foxes, coyotes, dingoes and jackals.

The animal you are refering to you say is extinct.So we must look at prehistoric canines.

The thing is the most prehistoric canines extincted many hundred of thousands years ago,or even millions years ago.So even if an animal like the one you are describing even existed there were not even homo sapiens around to observe it

The first werewolf-like storys/myths are only 2000/5000 b.c old.

Anyway i bet the animal you are refering to is definetly not canine!

Waiting for more info!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
are you sure it wasn't an angry Kangaroo?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well, I am going to call shenanigans on this topic. Come up with a name because I do not believe this story. Either your teacher or you are making up this animal. Which is it?

<<   2  3 >>

join