It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if they find proof of life on Mars?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
They already know if theres life there, if they dont know already they'll know soon enough. But THEM knowing wont actually mean US knowing... they'll keep it from the peons untill its too obvious to hide... but i reckon we''ll know in our lifetimes one way or the other...

As for the religious implications of such a discovery; it wont make a difference. Any devout believer in any religion will defend their religionto the end, even if their god/deity came face to face and told them that their religion was false (this is impossible for obvious reasons). The religious leaders will find a phrase in their holy books that, if you hold it up to a certain light at a certain time of day/year and read every second word upside down (or some similar distortion), will clearly state that there is alien life...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
My brother once asked me "Why we haven't gone back to explore the moon." I told him it was because we were warded off the moon by aliens and told not to return. He thinks we don't have enough funding or money to return to the moon. I told him it has nothing to do with money.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well last time NASA thought they had proof of life on mars they couldn't wait to release it. It was released even before it could be confirmed. If they do find anything this time round perhaps they will wait until they can confirm it better. But I doubt it, even if they think they have a sniff it will be on the wires within hours like last time. Its too big a discovery for those excitable buggers to keep under their hat.

<< 1   >>

join